Look: Hanukkah celebrations at Dubai’s Burj Khalifa

Solomon2

MPA (400+ posts)

Look: Hanukkah celebrations at Dubai’s Burj Khalifa​

Thousands of Jews are expected to celebrate Hanukkah in the UAE over the next week

Published: December 13, 2020 12:10Yousra Zaki, Assistant Editor Features

Hanukkah in Dubai

This year, Hanukkah, which kicked off last Thursday heralds a significant era for the Jewish community in the UAE, who joined in on celebrations hosted at the Armani Hotel in the Burj Khalifa on Saturday.Image Credit: Virendra Saklani, Photographer

Hanukkah in Dubai

anukkah, which is also known as the Festival of light, is celebrated by Jewish people around the world for eight nights. Usually, they light candles, eat deep fried sweets, and spin dreidels.Image Credit: Virendra Saklani, Photographer

Hanukkah in Dubai

But this year, the Jewish Community Centre in Dubai have a lot of special events planned for Hanukkah, which include programmes for both children and adults.

Hanukkah

Emiratis pose with the Burj Khalifa displaying Hebrew writing, wishing Jewish people a Happy Hanukkah.Image Credit: REUTERS

Related:

Imran Siddiqi

Minister (2k+ posts)
How is that Different from Valentine Day Celebrations in Pakistan.
Don't get me wrong, Both are wrong but we need to be critical of ourselves too.

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
How is that Different from Valentine Day Celebrations in Pakistan.
Don't get me wrong, Both are wrong but we need to be critical of ourselves too.

Anything that brings happiness to human beings is wrong to you guys. You can waste your life over a 1400 year old fraud and superstition but at-least let other people enjoy their one life.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

Look: Hanukkah celebrations at Dubai’s Burj Khalifa​

Thousands of Jews are expected to celebrate Hanukkah in the UAE over the next week

Published: December 13, 2020 12:10Yousra Zaki, Assistant Editor Features

Hanukkah in Dubai

This year, Hanukkah, which kicked off last Thursday heralds a significant era for the Jewish community in the UAE, who joined in on celebrations hosted at the Armani Hotel in the Burj Khalifa on Saturday.Image Credit: Virendra Saklani, Photographer

Hanukkah in Dubai

anukkah, which is also known as the Festival of light, is celebrated by Jewish people around the world for eight nights. Usually, they light candles, eat deep fried sweets, and spin dreidels.Image Credit: Virendra Saklani, Photographer

Hanukkah in Dubai

But this year, the Jewish Community Centre in Dubai have a lot of special events planned for Hanukkah, which include programmes for both children and adults.

Hanukkah

Emiratis pose with the Burj Khalifa displaying Hebrew writing, wishing Jewish people a Happy Hanukkah.Image Credit: REUTERS

Related:
No one is against the Jews or Judaism. Its the apartheid state of Israel and it's illegal military occupation of Palestine that we are against.

I know you folk have tried very very hard and somewhat succeeded to turn Israel, Jews and Judaism into one monolithic synonym so any criticism of Israel is equated to criticism of Jews and Judaism and instantly labels of anti Semitism can be thrown out and dialogue shut down. So Israel's illegal occupation can never be discussed in a proper and open manner.

Vitamin_C

F u Ck off mirzai :)

I know it hurts to hear the truth but if you believe that a book written by creator of 400 billion galaxies makes basic scientific mistakes, calls the Earth is flat, institutionalizes slavery, justifies rape and torture and mentions nothing that is not already known to man, and the man delivering the message has personal benefits involved if you listen to him, such as power and access to dozens of women, then I am sorry to say you are victims of an elaborate fraud.

Aliimran1

Not surprised at all ---- Arabs nay --- Apni asliat ko chupa kay rakha hoa tha ----- Zahar ab hoi hai ---- Inhi kay hathon in ka anjaam ho ga ---- Abhi kuch intizar karain ??​

Diesel

I know it hurts to hear the truth but if you believe that a book written by creator of 400 billion galaxies makes basic scientific mistakes, calls the Earth is flat, institutionalizes slavery, justifies rape and torture and mentions nothing that is not already known to man, and the man delivering the message has personal benefits involved if you listen to him, such as power and access to dozens of women, then I am sorry to say you are victims of an elaborate fraud.
U r really an idiot..

Diesel

Not surprised at all ---- Arabs nay --- Apni asliat ko chupa kay rakha hoa tha ----- Zahar ab hoi hai ---- Inhi kay hathon in ka anjaam ho ga ---- Abhi kuch intizar karain ??​

saudis asal ma jewish community se belong karte ha.. inho ne islam ka libadah apne par ora ha.. israel aik din greater israel bane ga Or ye arabs pori tara se involve ha israel ko greater israel banane ma

knowledge88

No one is against the Jews or Judaism. Its the apartheid state of Israel and it's illegal military occupation of Palestine that we are against.

I know you folk have tried very very hard and somewhat succeeded to turn Israel, Jews and Judaism into one monolithic synonym so any criticism of Israel is equated to criticism of Jews and Judaism and instantly labels of anti Semitism can be thrown out and dialogue shut down. So Israel's illegal occupation can never be discussed in a proper and open manner.
Wishing you and your family a very happy Hanukkah. " Hanukkah Sameach! "

Imranpak

These Arab's are just Muslim's by name. Anyway as a Pakistani I do not care what they do in UAE or Saudi. They can do whatever they want in their country. The fate of these people was foretold centuries back of how they will be killed like dog's by their newly found brothers. We will not be sending our military to help them either.

Imranpak

We should treat Arab filth like how Iran, Turkey, USA and NATO do. Bomb the bastards to the pits of hell! This is the language these rag headed pigs understand. This is why they respect their oppressors, rapists and killers so much!.

Imranpak

As a Pakistani I say screw all rag heads. Pak has made a wise choice by standing with China, Russia, Iran and Turkey where as these filthy rag heads lick the boots of the Jews and Hindu's. Return their money then tell them to fk off, permanently. These ragheads have forgotten how the Jews were fucking their women in Abu Ghraib prison getting them all pregnant and making their men kiss each others ass! Now after befriending them Israel will do much worse to all the countries like Saudi and UAE who have recognised them.

Vitamin_C

You aren't the first one and you won't be the last one to desecrate the religion and its teachings ,but truth of the matter is, it keeps on getting flourished and enlightening those who are inquisitive and in search of guidance.

Your religion isnt the first one and wont be the last one, many have come and gone and expired once people realized that religions are just pyramid schemes designed to fool people.

You believe the creator of 400 billion galaxies would write a book to send his message when 99% of the population cannot read and write, and then he would put nothing in that message that was not known to humans before. What an insult to human intelligence. Only in 3rd world countries and Arab countries with lower IQ will people buy this bullshit.