Malik Awan Received award for making his 5 daughters Bright Women leaders

Oppostion Is Mafia

Minister (2k+ posts)
HARIPUR: Thanks to Almighty Allah I’ve not developed melancholy for not having sons and I am very much pleased with His gift of five brilliant daughters who literally catapulted me to prominence, “I am proud of them all”.

These views were expressed by Malik Mohammad Rafiq Awan, father of five Sher sisters who are in the limelight for setting a unique record of passing the Central Superior Service (CSS) exams.

Mr Awan, a retired sub-divisional officer of Iesco, is originally from Haripur’s remote Moorti Maira village, which is now under Tarbela Dam’s water.

He had moved to Rawalpindi in early 80s soon after massive displacement of thousands of families from over 100 villages.

The couple has five daughters;Laila Malik Sher, Shereen Malik Sher, Sassi Malik Sher, Marvi Malik Sher and Zuha Malik Sher, but no son.

Mr Awan said he used to become harsh towards family members and acquaintances whenever they would mention about him having no sons. “When I and my wife are satisfied, others have no reason to taunt us for us not having a son,” he said.

Sher sisters have passed CSS and serving in various departments

Talking to Dawn by phone from his Rawalpindi’s Lalazar residence, Mr Awan said he named his four daughters after the local folklore characters of Laila, Shereen, Sassi and Marvi while Zuha’s name was drawn from the Holy Quran.

“All of their names carried the suffix of their paternal grandfather’s name Malik Sher Mohammad Awan, as my father was the real force behind the privileges and prominencethe entire family enjoys now,” he said.

Mr Awan said he moved against the countryside culture of his remote semi-tribal area and ventured to invest in the best education ofhis daughters.

All of them studiedfrom nursery to grade-10in St Anne’s Presentation Convent High School, Rawalpindi, the institution thatformer premier Benazir Bhutto also attended.

Laila Malik Sher, the eldest among the five Sher sisters, passed CSS during 2008 when she was 21, the youngest CSS officer after doing BA. She later did her master’s in English literature. Laila was true inspiration for her four younger sisters. She is now serving as deputy commissionerIRA Income Tax in Karachi, he told Dawn.

Shereen Malik Sher was the second among her sisters who qualified CSS in 2010 after her BA and she also won the honour of being the youngest CSS officer at age 21. She did her master’s in International Relations during service. Shereen is serving asdirector National Highways Authority, Islamabad, he said.

The streak of successes of Sher sisters continued with Sassi Malik Sher, and Marvi Malik Sher, the third and fourth among the five siblings, respectively, and they both passed the competitive examination during 2017.

Sassi, who completed her MBBS from Gomal Medical College, was now serving as deputy chief executive officer Cantonment Board Chaklala, Rawalpindi.Marvi, who did her master’s in Sociology, had opted to join the Provincial Management Service in her home province KP, and was serving as additional assistant commissioner in Abbottabad.

According to Mr Awan, Sassi was recently engaged with an Abbottabad-based cardiologist and their marriage is scheduled for August 14, 2020 while Laila and Shereen are married.

Zoha passed the CSS examinations, 2019, recently and was going to join Pakistan Administrative Service (PAS) office management group. She did her master’s in IR.

Talking to this correspondent by phone, Zuha said when she was born and her father visited her in the hospital some of their relatives were literally crying over birth of the fifth daughter.

“After passing my CSS now all those relatives are busy tirelessly felicitating my father and he says that these are the pending congratulations of my birth that I am receiving at this stage,” she said.

Answering a question, she said daughters were always considereda burdenin the male-dominated society,but their father made all of them his strength.

Marvi Malik Sher said that whatever she and her other sisters achieved was the outcome of their parents unflinching determination.

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Pmln Gunda Bhai if your father would have worked hard on you and got you good education and feeded you halal food today you would not be lying and defending for criminals like Nawaz sharif and Zarfdari.?
Hahaha what do you expect? His father was a patwari…..whose salary was not even enough to buy cigarettes... ?

mughals

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Hahaha what do you expect? His father was a patwari…..whose salary was not even enough to buy cigarettes... ?

you guys can't look at the facts.
We know which grade brings you to BA or B.Sc.
We know what people study in BA, BSc,
We know what type of people enter CSS and what their aims are
We know the achievements of these officers
we know that 2/3rd of the women who became doctors only did to get better proposals.

It is mentioned that one of them married a "cardiologist."

Instead of answering the facts, you just want to abuse people and their families. That reflects your upbringing. I could do the same, but have no time to spare for a low level person.

mughals

Pmln Gunda Bhai if your father would have worked hard on you and got you good education and feeded you halal food today you would not be lying and defending for criminals like Nawaz sharif and Zarfdari.?
who gave you and saboo right to award such decrees of what political inclination we have. Where is this topic of nawaz shareef and zardari came in this thread? Wake up

mughals

Oh what a stupid thing to say man?…..Tum woh gandi machli ho jis nay Malik Sher sisters ki itni bari achievement ko bhi ganda kar dia…...
tum kon ho.. apni auqaat main rahoo. jab hui apni bakwaas lay aatay hain.

Saboo

we know that 2/3rd of the women who became doctors only did to get better proposals.

Instead of answering the facts, you just want to abuse people and their families. That reflects your upbringing. I could do the same, but have no time to spare for a low level person.
Tell me, how can you judge people when you have not an iota of knowledge about them?…Not every one is same my friend.

Saboo

tum kon ho.. apni auqaat main rahoo. jab hui apni bakwaas lay aatay hain.
ارے تم مجھے نہیں جانتے؟….کسی سے پوچھ لو بھائی ..
تم بھی منہ میں زبان رکھتے ہو….اب اس میں کیا ?

mughals

Tell me, how can you judge people when you have not an iota of knowledge about them?…Not every one is same my friend.
Read the article again. The whole CV of all sisters is there. I am not belittling anybody's achievement. For example, if you hire somebody, you will have to look at many factors to understand their caliber. What they did is not something unique. They were not poor and their country provided them with everything to achieve this success. They also went to convent school.
My neighbor was born in lalukhet, karachi, went to pila govt school, studied at DMC and now lives in the house formerly owned by one of the "backstreet boys". I would give him more points as compared to this family. Now, this is my own opinion.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I think the biggest achievement is letting them work in their chosen fields and develop a career. How many girls in Pakistan have completed their degrees including becoming doctors only for the sake of getting a good "rishta" and after they do, they never step into professional life. Wasting all that time, money and effort that was spent getting educated.

NeutralMafia

What a gobbar mind u have gandi nali k keeray…