Mqm - a name of true revolution..!!!

Pakistan 1st

Minister (2k+ posts)
MQM - The Name of A True Revolution..!!!

This post got removed by an error therefore it is being re-posted for a serious discussion. Please post your valid reason of liking or disliking MQM.

I am a vigilant observer of current affairs of Pakistan and try my best followup with day to day development happening in the region. As I have mentioned on this forum before, I am a proud Punjabi Pakistani born and raised in lahore so definitely like most Pakistanis live in Punjab I hated MQM on the bases of news I had read in newspaper of that time.

After coming abroad, I started looking news with a different angel and I got a chance to closely observed all political forces of Pakistan and their work including MQM. Despite of few differences, I found them patriots and Pakistan lovers (in fact their ancestors have had great struggle for this country). I appreciate MQM's strong stand against major national issues such as NRO, Corruption, Budget debate, Feudalism, Inherited politics of Pakistan, Provincial Autonomy, Terrorism, Talibanisation which makes them different from others and to be honest with you guys they have proved their popularity many times in recent years. In past few years, they have emerged as the most popular political force in Pakistan. So far they have got remarkable success in their cause and now they are spreading their ideology and challenging the corrupt political system of Pakistan. Like other parties they have right to practice anywhere they like. Let's see how they have been treated out of urban Sindh. However, after successful completion of Punjab convention scholars, analysts and historians predicting with confidence that MQM will lead the nation towards the silent revolution of Pakistan

Last edited:

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)
I think the most perception against them are made up in 90s where State sponsored campaign was initiated to remove them from politics but couldnt got success as people of Karachi kept them alive even under Army moderation of their activities and elections as they had grass root level support of people...Although that State sponsored campaign did failed but this campaign did prevent them to grow and kept them stopped in two cities of Pakistan as so much hatred was built against them in the minds of other people that they start hating their name while reality was very different....I can bet that if I ask anyone that who were the most effected people during violence of Karachi then anyone can be able to answer it with reason...

sam228

Senator (1k+ posts)
MQM won 17 of the 20 NA seats first time as Muhajir Qaumi Moment. So their popularity is just linguistic. They did not prove anything yet. By far they are the party who has been in government the longest in the history of Pakistan. Whether, dictator or democracy this party has complete control of the Karachi and to prove their progress all they have done is a few roads and that only in the recent few years. Where was MQM before these few years. The political memory of people in Pakistan is very short. I am a Sindhi, lived most of my life in Karachi and both in Pakistan and abroad I have observed MQM and I see them as the worst of all parties in Pakistan. The only party as bad as MQM is Jamait-e-Islami. Both have blood on their hands. Most of MQM leaders have Murder cases against them.

The only good option I see for Pakistan is Imran Khan. He has much better policy to offer and his ideas are practical. He talks about justice, educational reforms and removal of corruptions. He does not talk bullshit like leaving dogs behind Jagirdars and stupid staff like Telephone Hussain.

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)
MQM won 17 of the 20 NA seats first time as Muhajir Qaumi Moment. So their popularity is just linguistic. They did not prove anything yet. By far they are the party who has been in government the longest in the history of Pakistan. Whether, dictator or democracy this party has complete control of the Karachi and to prove their progress all they have done is a few roads and that only in the recent few years. Where was MQM before these few years. The political memory of people in Pakistan is very short. I am a Sindhi, lived most of my life in Karachi and both in Pakistan and abroad I have observed MQM and I see them as the worst of all parties in Pakistan. The only party as bad as MQM is Jamait-e-Islami. Both have blood on their hands. Most of MQM leaders have Murder cases against them.

The only good option I see for Pakistan is Imran Khan. He has much better policy to offer and his ideas are practical. He talks about justice, educational reforms and removal of corruptions. He does not talk bullshit like leaving dogs behind Jagirdars and stupid staff like Telephone Hussain.
Your point about 17 seats is correct but can you name any party in Karachi which is doing politics beyond linguistic as PPP is also supported by Sindhi Baloch and even before MQM PPP vote Bank in Sindh was also confined to Sindhi people while JI and jUI had vote bank of another ethnic majority so whole Karachi politics had been divided in linguistic vote bank not just MQM....as you said you are Sindhi who lived in Karachi then you should know better about PPP then me...

Now you said that after winning all those elections and staying in Govt. they only able to deliver few roads then first they were collision partners of the Govt. and they didnt had any authority over anything in Karachi as Farooq Sattar stayed Mayor of Karachi but due to provincial and federal issues he couldnt able to deliver the reults and second is that as they became collision partners after spending some time they also departed from Govt. as they were fooled by Govt. forces as 1992 despite being part of Nawaz Govt. an State operation was done against them and also in 1998 collision same thing happened as murder of Hakeem Saeed was put on their head without any investigation and military courts were setup to punish them so even being part of Govt. they were treated worse then opposition...Third almost all of 90s they kept running from police, Army and MQM haqiqi as all of them were trying to hunt them down so can you aspect someone to built something while he himself running for his life????besides if you say that all they gave is few roads then who else gave it to Karachiite before???remember Karachi had been neglected since 1960s when Ayub Khan transfer capital to Islamabad by giving this explanation that karachi is vulnerable to Indian navy attack while the real reasons were well known that Karachi was actually support base of Fatima Jinnah who stood up against Ayub Khan and due to that majority of Karachiite hate Ayub Khan...So when was Karachi developed last before Musharraf's Local bodies system???At least MQM gave development to Karachi while others always neglected this city and let it run by itself....

M

Murshad Jee

Everyone has their own opinion.
I don't like MQM not because of I am from Punjab but as an Urdu speaking Pakistani I have few questions for MQM.

1. Why Altaf Hussain burnt Pakistani Flag in front of Mizar-e-Qaid in Karachi?
2. Why Altaf Hussain said about creation of Pakistan, biggest Blunder in History? (Remember----------He said these words in India to make his Master's happy)
3. He is accused of killing too many innocent people in Karachi.
4. His party is in power from last 10 years but he doesn't want to come to Pakistan.
5. I appreciate what Mustafa Kamal has done for Karachi in his tenure but the poor population of Karachi does't need these highways or bridges in fact they need food to survive and security for their lives. What he has done for them?
6. If Altaf Hussain worried about all the poor and needy people across Pakistan then why not he come back and join them and feel the real pain, when there is no Electricity, Gas, Aata and Water, Instead of living safe and enjoying far pleasant weather than Pakistan, with all the first class facilities of the world in London but keep crying just over the phone for the poors of Pakistan?
7. Whenever MQM has any threat for their govt. in Karachi, Why always problem starts in Karachi and end up with target killings of innocent people?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakistan 1st

Minister (2k+ posts)
I don't like MQM not because of I am from Punjab but as an Urdu speaking Pakistani I have few questions for MQM.

2. Why Altaf Hussain said about creation of Pakistan, biggest Blunder in History? (Remember----------He said these words in India to make his Master's happy)
4. His party is in power from last 10 years but he doesn't want to come to Pakistan.
5. I appreciate what Mustafa Kamal has done for Karachi in his tenure but the poor population of Karachi does't need these highways or bridges in fact they need food to survive and security for their lives. What he has done for them?
6. If Altaf Hussain worried about all the poor and needy people across Pakistan then why not he come back and join them and feel the real pain, when there is no Electricity, Gas, Aata and Water, Instead of living safe and enjoying far pleasant weather than Pakistan, with all the first class facilities of the world in London but keep crying just over the phone for the poors of Pakistan?
7. Whenever MQM has any threat for their govt. in Karachi, Why always problem starts in Karachi and end up with target killings of innocent people?

Let's not judge anyone on the basis of false allegations. Let's not talk about anything happened during the army operation as Army officials have also accepted that the operation was biased and the Jinnah Pur, Bhatta Khori and Hakeem Saeed type cases were just planted and MQM Haquiqi factor was also planted by agencies to break MQM in to two portions and to weaken the power of emerging middle-class party.

Anything which has happened during past 10 years (when media was free to show reality) is debatable. As you said Mustafa Kamal's performance wa seeen and appreciated, also few other major stands which i mentioned in my above comment also the big one is 12th May and the lawyer's killing allegation. We can talk about these two allegations.

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)

Let me answer as much as I could....

1. The incident of burning Pakistani flag happened in 1978 when Muhajirs were protesting to bring back stranded Pakistanis(Beharis in Bangladesh) whom even today in 2010 consider Pakistan as their country and want to come back in Pakistan and as we know about this issue itself very sensitive and against the wishes of establishment so in order to give wrong picture of that they made up things against Altaf Hussain as he himself said he didnt do such a thing...
2. His calling for creation of Pakistan a Blunder was the reason that Pakistan couldnt able to become what it suppose to as Pakistan was made for Unitying Muslims of sub continent but instead it divided Muslims in three parts so reason for getting Pakistan wasnt achieve due to mismanagements and mistrust within us...here is a link where it is mentioned in details...
http://pakistandesk.com/?p=1484
3. He is ACCUSED not CONVICTED by law and all those accusations were made after he left the country so their is a term that are used in this case "Innocent untill proven guilty" so his accusations came under this term..
4. It is not his decision to stay but his party dont want him to come back as Benazir Bhutto also assassinated and their were many attempts also happened on Musharraf and also few attempts on current Govt. as well...Another reason is that it is widely known that our agencies have always being his enemy so even our agency's role is also questionable when it comes to Altaf hussain..
5. During Musharraf we had food, jobs security as well but today all of it is taken away from us by current PPP Govt. as MQM was not only developing Karachi but also able to end sectarian violence, target killing, gangsters, land mafia and qabza groups while street crimes were problem but they couldnt able to control that because they were not willing to impose ban on double sawari in Karachi...during Musharraf period all we heard about was 12may but after Musharraf all this happened after few months regularly so today's Govt. cant able to control anything in Karachi as their political motives are involved...And who says Karachiite dont need development???Karachi has been neglected since 1960s when Ayub Khan made Islamabad a new capital of Pakistan so after almost 50-60 years Karachiite saw development and even thats not enough if we compare it with Karachi problems as their are still alot to be done even more then it is done by MK to solve the problem...
6. I have answered about his return on question 4 but tell me more about his lavish lifestyle in London as what car he drive???How big his house is???how many of servants and cooks he have excluding MQM members and where he usually goes for fun???
7. Problems are not all the time started by MQM as few months ago gangsters from Liyari went outside Liyari in MQM constituencies and start killing and abducting people due to having PPP support behind their backs people of MQM constituencies scared but when MQM start raising their voice for their constituencies they were automatically declared instigators as popular believes...same things happening in Orangi Paharh(ask any Karachiite about this) which was instigated by land grabbers and those who were living illegally on that mountain started firing at other parts of city but when MQM raised their voices they were declared culprits only because of popular believes and nothing else while due to those believes many Karachiite are feeling that everyone has become their enemies as no one is actually listening to them or their representatives so thats the problem that their mandate are never been accepted and their voice are not heard even if they raise it for this city...

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
This post got removed by an error therefore it is being re-posted for a serious discussion. Please post your valid reason of like or dislike MQM.

My personal opinion: I am not against any of the MQM worker, i love them but i do have immense hatred for Altaf. I used to be a MQMer until I saw the video where he called Pakistan 'a blunder' , 'if mohajirs come back to India, unko ma'af kerdein' . This is nothing but ghadarana statement. I just couldnt believe when I heard it from my leader. Obviously I dumped him. He can use any excuse to squirm out of this anti-Pak statements but it has strong foothold in my heart and millions other Pakistani. MQM does have some very good officials, like the MK (but... see the video below) and the faisal or some one who spok on Tv the other night. despite the good things they MQM people have dome, question still lingers. What if we elect them and they join Pak with India because Pak was 'a blunder'

Once we elect them, we will be stuck like we are Zardari. So I wouldn't take a chance.

Despite that Mk has shown his immense amount of qabliat in Karachi, but nonetheless he is very rude, insulting, and bad tameez, Judge for yourself in this video

Added: he should have been sued by the report who was yelled at.

You shouldnt hate them because they are still our ASSETS for better or for worse. but do not vote MQM just because of ALTAF.

Last edited:

Altaf Hussain

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
My personal opinion: I am not against any of the MQM worker, i love them but i do have immense hatred for Altaf. I used to be a MQMer until I saw the video where he called Pakistan 'a blunder' , 'if mohajirs come back to India, unko ma'af kerdein' . This is nothing but ghadarana statement. I just couldnt believe when I heard it from my leader. Obviously I dumped him. He can use any excuse to squirm out of this anti-Pak statements but it has strong foothold in my heart and millions other Pakistani. MQM does have some very good officials, like the MK (but... see the video below) and the faisal or some one who spok on Tv the other night. despite the good things they MQM people have dome, question still lingers. What if we elect them and they join Pak with India because Pak was 'a blunder'

Once we elect them, we will be stuck like we are Zardari. So I wouldn't take a chance.

Despite that Mk has shown his immense amount of qabliat in Karachi, but nonetheless he is very rude, insulting, and bad tameez, Judge for yourself in this video

You shouldnt hate them because they are still our ASSETS for better or for worse. but do not vote MQM just because of MQM

Gazoo mera beta main bhot sharminda hoon jo kuch main nay india mein kaha, main kya karta baita mairi majboori thi, tumhein andar ki batoon ka nahi pata beta. Agar yeh sub kuch main na kehta to main bhooka marr jata, waisay bhi jo bhatta wasool ho raha hai woh zaida to wahin Karachi mein hi mairay juniors pay kharch ho jata hai to hamein phir resources to bharhaanay hoon gay na. Aur aaj kal apki aur hamari pyari MQM nay Punjab mein bhi to panga shuroo kar diya hai ab saaray mulk mein MQM sirf Karachi k bhattay say to nahi chal sakti na beta. Ap abhi bachay ho nadaan ho apko siasat ka kuch nahi pata. Chalo agar mujsay ghalti ho hi gayi hai to mujay apna barra bhai samajh kar buss aik baar maaf kar do main aayinda aisi koi baat nahi kahoonga. Such btaoon to main bohat parishani mein hoon beta, abhi punjab mein jo hum ney qadam rakha hai iskay liye khateer raqam ki zaroorat jo k sirf karachi k bhattay say poori nahi ho gi, hum nay doosray mimbraan say b mashawrat ki hai aur hum nay faisla kiya hai k ab hum punjab mein b bhatta laina shuroo kar dein gay, mujay umeed hai k punjabi mujay naraz nahi karen gay.....
Achha ab apnay barray ko maaf kar diya hain na Gazoo, hai na.? NAHI TO MEIN CANADA MEIN BHI ''BORI BAND......'' wala kaam karva sakta hoon. Lagta hai beta apko samaj aa gayi ho gi. Achha abhi apnay barray bhai ko ijazat do phir baat ho gi, bye bye TATATATA

gazoomartian

Gazoo mera beta main bhot sharminda hoon jo kuch main nay india mein kaha, main kya karta baita mairi majboori thi, tumhein andar ki batoon ka nahi pata beta. Agar yeh sub kuch main na kehta to main bhooka marr jata, waisay bhi jo bhatta wasool ho raha hai woh zaida to wahin Karachi mein hi mairay juniors pay kharch ho jata hai to hamein phir resources to bharhaanay hoon gay na. Aur aaj kal apki aur hamari pyari MQM nay Punjab mein bhi to panga shuroo kar diya hai ab saaray mulk mein MQM sirf Karachi k bhattay say to nahi chal sakti na beta. Ap abhi bachay ho nadaan ho apko siasat ka kuch nahi pata. Chalo agar mujsay ghalti ho hi gayi hai to mujay apna barra bhai samajh kar buss aik baar maaf kar do main aayinda aisi koi baat nahi kahoonga. Such btaoon to main bohat parishani mein hoon beta, abhi punjab mein jo hum ney qadam rakha hai iskay liye khateer raqam ki zaroorat jo k sirf karachi k bhattay say poori nahi ho gi, hum nay doosray mimbraan say b mashawrat ki hai aur hum nay faisla kiya hai k ab hum punjab mein b bhatta laina shuroo kar dein gay, mujay umeed hai k punjabi mujay naraz nahi karen gay.....
Achha ab apnay barray ko maaf kar diya hain na Gazoo, hai na.? NAHI TO MEIN CANADA MEIN BHI ''BORI BAND......'' wala kaam karva sakta hoon. Lagta hai beta apko samaj aa gayi ho gi. Achha abhi apnay barray bhai ko ijazat do phir baat ho gi, bye bye TATATATA

chaha altaf, very good that you put the threat in writing. there is a police station only 5 km from here. Will hand deliver to them

NY ghaddari ka byan that youhave given, according to the Islamic lawa, can not be forgiven because its a 'state crime'. I could onlt forgive it was only to me

it was nice to read from the honorable yourself, your Highness, i hope you dont levy bhatta in Punjab too LOL

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)

You shouldnt hate them because they are still our ASSETS for better or for worse. but do not vote MQM just because of MQM
Do you want your elected representative to talk nicely or delivering results???MK might have said all that to that journalist but did you even tried to heard what MK said in this video???He said that why are you asking me again and again as I am just answering someone else isnt it irritating for a person that other kept asking just one question again and again when a person is asking someone else???You should also consider that MK is not from those chunk of politicians in Pakistan who are brought up in such environment that they would become a political leader he is one among a common man as we know that common man get angry faster then politicians whom dont see challenges in life and also he was the man responsible for monitoring so many project that were under construction during his tenure so a person exhausted after looking after huge burden of duty on his head so his response was quite natural and in the end he said upload it on youtube as well which clearly indicate that Karachiite dont care about his words but what matters for us is his action because action speaks Lauder then words....

Altaf Hussain's words in India was not completely anti Pakistan but it was perceived like that as he said if Pakistani was made for Unifying Muslims of subcontinent then today Muslims of subcontinent are divided on 3 parts....Isnt it considerable point as it did happened that Muslims of subcontinent are divided in 3 parts now....If we cant change the borders then we should at least try to Unite them again by opening up visas for people like it happens in Lahore when Sikh yatris came to Pakistan and by growing contacts with Indian and Bangali Muslims so that all Muslims of sub continent able to get their voice together....This was the actual case for his speech here is an article which I think would explain what I am trying to say...

gazoomartian

Do you want your elected representative to talk nicely or delivering results???MK might have said all that to that journalist but did you even tried to heard what MK said in this video???

when a celeb specially a party official insults someone, makes a goof of any kind, there is n second chance. You and I could be forgiven but not a celeb.

even if the reporter had already asked before, there was absolutely no justification for MK's behavior towards him. I feel for the reporter.

Lemme aks you this. If Zardari today publicly confess that he has stolen money, would turn your face away? NOT, I am sure the entire country will be on his butt.

goo'day

YAHYA87

Senator (1k+ posts)
when a celeb specially a party official insults someone, makes a goof of any kind, there is n second chance. You and I could be forgiven but not a celeb.

even if the reporter had already asked before, there was absolutely no justification for MK's behavior towards him. I feel for the reporter.

Lemme aks you this. If Zardari today publicly confess that he has stolen money, would turn your face away? NOT, I am sure the entire country will be on his butt.

goo'day
here we are talking about representative not celeb as celeb only makes money out of their fanclub but representatives actual job is to represent people and fulfill people's demand which people have on him so here should we consider his representation or his cheap scandals???
Their is a famous quote that "Action speaks Lauder then words" so this is the standard that most people of Karachi consider...

BEN10

Voter (50+ posts)
Our memory is realy very short dont go far just think who has imposed Zoordari upon us it was Altaf Hussain who nominated him first and said that there is no more suitable candidate then Zoordari and aslo equally reponsible is nawaz sharif. Do you think they were not aware of his corruption both of them has called him mr. 10% so many times in the past. He said that because he new that there is no suitable candidate then him because they can easily be black mailed, that what america is doing supporting and kept in power all those people who they can black mail easily, think back from Zia-ul-haq till now. They dont want honest people like Imran Khan in Pakistan who can challenge them. Think back after Benazir death why Nigre pontie met Nawaz sharif in Raiwind lahoreand Altaf Hussain in London, and after that Altaf Hussain announces Mr. zoordari as the most suitable candidate. for god sake people get out of this mind set of worshiping idoles, no body is perfect, all of them are not prophits. You shoud have a right to criticise your leaders to keep them on them right track otherwise discard them, they are not true leaders if they dont take criticism as positive. These roads and other stuff like this is being built from public taxes not from their own money, it is the right of people. KESC is independent why Karachi is in the dark, MQM has been in power for so long what has they done about load shedding? Agin for God sake think and think Imran Khan is the only hope for Pakistan (by the way I am not member of Tehrik-e-Insaf) but when I compare all leaders he is the only one who stands out from the crowd and has done so much on his own that we should not forget and Ehsan Framoosh. if he was in some foreign country he would be given a true Hero status, we need people like him not who compromises on every thing.

sam228

Senator (1k+ posts)
Do you want your elected representative to talk nicely or delivering results???MK might have said all that to that journalist but did you even tried to heard what MK said in this video???He said that why are you asking me again and again as I am just answering someone else isnt it irritating for a person that other kept asking just one question again and again when a person is asking someone else???You should also consider that MK is not from those chunk of politicians in Pakistan who are brought up in such environment that they would become a political leader he is one among a common man as we know that common man get angry faster then politicians whom dont see challenges in life and also he was the man responsible for monitoring so many project that were under construction during his tenure so a person exhausted after looking after huge burden of duty on his head so his response was quite natural and in the end he said upload it on youtube as well which clearly indicate that Karachiite dont care about his words but what matters for us is his action because action speaks Lauder then words....

Altaf Hussain's words in India was not completely anti Pakistan but it was perceived like that as he said if Pakistani was made for Unifying Muslims of subcontinent then today Muslims of subcontinent are divided on 3 parts....Isnt it considerable point as it did happened that Muslims of subcontinent are divided in 3 parts now....If we cant change the borders then we should at least try to Unite them again by opening up visas for people like it happens in Lahore when Sikh yatris came to Pakistan and by growing contacts with Indian and Bangali Muslims so that all Muslims of sub continent able to get their voice together....This was the actual case for his speech here is an article which I think would explain what I am trying to say...

Mr YAHYA87 you are wearing glasses of prejudice, so all you see is good about MQM. Whenever someone places a convincing argument against MQM you refute it with unconvincing argument. I think you are or you have been trained by an MQM leader because this is what they do when confronted.

sam228

Senator (1k+ posts)
Our memory is realy very short dont go far just think who has imposed Zoordari upon us it was Altaf Hussain who nominated him first and said that there is no more suitable candidate then Zoordari and aslo equally reponsible is nawaz sharif. Do you think they were not aware of his corruption both of them has called him mr. 10% so many times in the past. He said that because he new that there is no suitable candidate then him because they can easily be black mailed, that what america is doing supporting and kept in power all those people who they can black mail easily, think back from Zia-ul-haq till now. They dont want honest people like Imran Khan in Pakistan who can challenge them. Think back after Benazir death why Nigre pontie met Nawaz sharif in Raiwind lahoreand Altaf Hussain in London, and after that Altaf Hussain announces Mr. zoordari as the most suitable candidate. for god sake people get out of this mind set of worshiping idoles, no body is perfect, all of them are not prophits. You shoud have a right to criticise your leaders to keep them on them right track otherwise discard them, they are not true leaders if they dont take criticism as positive. These roads and other stuff like this is being built from public taxes not from their own money, it is the right of people. KESC is independent why Karachi is in the dark, MQM has been in power for so long what has they done about load shedding? Agin for God sake think and think Imran Khan is the only hope for Pakistan (by the way I am not member of Tehrik-e-Insaf) but when I compare all leaders he is the only one who stands out from the crowd and has done so much on his own that we should not forget and Ehsan Framoosh. if he was in some foreign country he would be given a true Hero status, we need people like him not who compromises on every thing.

Excellent points raised. Mr. YAHYA87 I will wait for your unconvincing arguments on this one..

moadhia

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Being born and raised in Karachi, I used to hate MQM during the 90s. I was young and everyones opinion shaped what I thought about MQM. But after moving abroad and looking at Pakistan's political situation objectively, I think MQM has performed admirably in Karachi. Yes there are allegations of bhatta wasooli, murder against them but I admire the fact that MQM promotes the middle class of Pakistan within their party. I dont like how every one in MQM worships Altaf hussain but I agree with the party's core values.

As they say, the democratic evolutionary process is slow so I am sure MQM is not "the" ideal party but they are the best alternative we have. PPP and PML-N have destroyed this country , I think the last 20 years have been the darkest in the history of Pakistan. We need a change and I hope people stop suporting PPP and PML - N . Vote for PTI, JUI , MQM or whoever you feel will lead the country but not the proven corrupt leaders of PPP and PML-N. The ganjaa is planning to come back for the third time ( that would be the final nail in the coffin for Pakistan in my opinion). Just my 2 cents.

gazoomartian

Being born and raised in Karachi, I used to hate MQM during the 90s. I was young and everyones opinion shaped what I thought about MQM. But after moving abroad and looking at Pakistan's political situation objectively, I think MQM has performed admirably in Karachi. Yes there are allegations of bhatta wasooli, murder against them but I admire the fact that MQM promotes the middle class of Pakistan within their party. I dont like how every one in MQM worships Altaf hussain but I agree with the party's core values.

As they say, the democratic evolutionary process is slow so I am sure MQM is not "the" ideal party but they are the best alternative we have. PPP and PML-N have destroyed this country , I think the last 20 years have been the darkest in the history of Pakistan. We need a change and I hope people stop suporting PPP and PML - N . Vote for PTI, JUI , MQM or whoever you feel will lead the country but not the proven corrupt leaders of PPP and PML-N. The ganjaa is planning to come back for the third time ( that would be the final nail in the coffin for Pakistan in my opinion). Just my 2 cents.

I was visiting Karachi when his first jalsa in 1986 was held in Karachi. He drew crowd of 1000's but they were all campaigned by the Zia govt, as we all know Ah was installed by Zia. If Zia was alive today and remained a dictator, AH would never have been able to draw a crowd of even a 1000 people because Zia would hate to see him gain popularity. Even today I truly believe his supporters were 'imported' from Sindh to attend his 'invasion' in Punjab. And if he has trult gained ground in Punjab, its only because he is filling up the vacuum created by the incompetence of PML-N and PPP.

The development of Karachi can be contributed to Mustafa Kamal only but not the MQM. Indeed Mk is an honorable assets to Pakistan.

Unfortunately, due to 18th amendment just passed and if not struck down by the supreme court, AH is the chief of MQM for life. This is against the spirit of democracy and sooner or later some MQMer will become discontent, specially those who are at a very senior level and have been dreaming of party leadership in the future.

Based on what we know about all the current leaders, I wholeheartedly believe that Zaid Hamid is the only person in Pak who knows how to communicate, has the ishq and junoon of Pakistan, has the vision, has the determination, has the knowledge. And whats more West and Indians are scared of him. This fact alone is enough to grant him a total credit of being the perfectly suitable for the leadership of Pakistan, if he ONLY become a politician.

Zaid Hamid, the only clear alternative, zindabad

Pakistan Zindabad

Last edited:

Pakistan 1st

Minister (2k+ posts)
I was visiting Karachi when his first jalsa in 1986 was held in Karachi. He drew crowd of 1000's but they were all campaigned by the Zia govt, as we all know Ah was stalled by Zia. If Zia was alive today and remained dictator, AH would never have been able to draw a crowd of even a 1000 people because Zia would hate to see him gain popularity. Even today i truly believe his supporters were 'imported' from Sindh to attend his 'invasion' in Punjab.

The development of Karachi can be contributed to Mustafa Kamal only but not the MQM. Indeed Mk is an honorable assets to Pakistan.

Unfortunately, due to 18th amendment just passed and if not struck down by the supreme court, AH is the chief of MQM for life. This is against the spirit of democracy and sooner or later some MQMer will become discontent, specially those who are at a very senior level and have been dreaming of party leadership in the future.

Based on what we know about all the current leaders, I wholeheartedly believe that Zaid Hamid is the only person in Pak who knows how to communicate, has the ishq and junoon of Pakistan, has the vision, has the determination, has the knowledge. And whats more West and Indians are scared of him. This fact alone is enough to grant him a total credit of being the perfectly suitable for the leadership of Pakistan, if he ONLY become a politician.

Zaid Hamid, the only clear alternative, zindabad

Pakistan Zindabad

With respect to your opinion I disagree with you here. MQM is the only party which can easily gather hundred of thousands of participant in less than 24 hour notice.

Also to let you know that Altaf Hussain poisoned 3 times in his political career and the longest 9 month prison was in Zia rule. Formation of MQM was in fact reaction and anger against Zia policies which he adapted against people of Karachi and MQM leaders used to have obvious hate against him. Even today it can easily be seen....MQM leader still criticize Zia ul Haq openly.

Mustafa Kamal is the selection of Altaf Hussain and what ever he has performed was as per his leader's vision.....MK has mentioned this in several tv interviews.

Altaf Hussain has clearly mentioned that he will never contest for President, PM ship, CM ship, Governorship, Mayership or counselor. MQM has strong party structure and rabita committee is responsible for taking decisions on all national or international issues. MQM is the only democratic party which conducts regular inter party elections and even after 18th amendment Altaf Hussain has recently announced that MQM will continue to have internal party elections.

ZH used to be extremely famous in youth of Pakistan but due to recent change in his attitude and statement he tends to loos his popularity however he has potential to grab people around him but to regain popularity he needs to pass his statements carefully.

Last edited: