NAB summons Khawaja Asif in Iqama case

Insaaf4Tyrain

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
the Supreme court of pakistan has dismissed his case in iqama. PTI wants to Pull another stunt to help PDM i guess. anyway this will be very good for opposition

Insaaf4Tyrain

What was case in SC regarding KA Iqama?
On April 26, the IHC had disqualified Khawaja Asif as a member of the parliament under Article 62(1)(f) of the Constitution for not disclosing his employment in a UAE company as an occupation as well as the monthly salary he was receiving.

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader Usman Dar had moved the high court against Asif in 2017. In his petition, he had argued that Asif did not declare his job in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and his salary in the 2013 nomination papers. Asif, however, had contended before the court that he declared AED50,000 as foreign income in papers.

Addressing the argument by Asif's legal team that "since copies of the passport attached with the nomination paper also contained a copy of the 'iqama', therefore there was no misrepresentation or concealment", the IHC judgement says: "Iqama is merely a residence visa issued by the immigration officials. In the instant case, the non-disclosure was that of the employment as an occupation and the salary per month received thereunder."

The judgement also made a reference to the Panama Papers case, saying: "Supreme Court has not disqualified the former prime minister [Nawaz Sharif] merely for holding an ‘Iqama’ but rather his disqualification was due to non-disclosure of assets; holding an ‘Iqama’ cannot be made the basis for attracting Article 62(1)(f)."

Last month, Khawaja Asif had challenged the verdict in the apex court. The counsel for Asif had argued that the April 26 IHC decision was an exception taken against an elected parliamentarian.

In the petition, Asif argued that an inadvertent omission to disclose in his nomination papers, a bank account which represented less than 0.5 per cent of his total assets, particularly when the account lay dormant though it was disclosed in the annual statement of assets and liabilities filed with the Election Commission of Pakistan before the writ was instituted, could not be treated as willful and dishonest concealment.

As per Supreme Court he declared everything in his papers

Last edited:

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
On April 26, the IHC had disqualified Khawaja Asif as a member of the parliament under Article 62(1)(f) of the Constitution for not disclosing his employment in a UAE company as an occupation as well as the monthly salary he was receiving.

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) leader Usman Dar had moved the high court against Asif in 2017. In his petition, he had argued that Asif did not declare his job in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and his salary in the 2013 nomination papers. Asif, however, had contended before the court that he declared AED50,000 as foreign income in papers.

Addressing the argument by Asif's legal team that "since copies of the passport attached with the nomination paper also contained a copy of the 'iqama', therefore there was no misrepresentation or concealment", the IHC judgement says: "Iqama is merely a residence visa issued by the immigration officials. In the instant case, the non-disclosure was that of the employment as an occupation and the salary per month received thereunder."

The judgement also made a reference to the Panama Papers case, saying: "Supreme Court has not disqualified the former prime minister [Nawaz Sharif] merely for holding an ‘Iqama’ but rather his disqualification was due to non-disclosure of assets; holding an ‘Iqama’ cannot be made the basis for attracting Article 62(1)(f)."

Last month, Khawaja Asif had challenged the verdict in the apex court. The counsel for Asif had argued that the April 26 IHC decision was an exception taken against an elected parliamentarian.

In the petition, Asif argued that an inadvertent omission to disclose in his nomination papers, a bank account which represented less than 0.5 per cent of his total assets, particularly when the account lay dormant though it was disclosed in the annual statement of assets and liabilities filed with the Election Commission of Pakistan before the writ was instituted, could not be treated as willful and dishonest concealment.

As per Supreme Court he declared everything in is papers
That case was misdecleration. Now case is about Iqama which Khwaja Asif already admitted. So this case is different than before.

Insaaf4Tyrain

That case was misdecleration. Now case is about Iqama which Khwaja Asif already admitted. So this case is different than before.
so whats wrong with having a iqama? alot of PTI leaders have green cards including Ali Zaidi who is bankrupt in USA. and what does NAB have to do with Iqama thats a immigration issue. and has nothing to do with financial. even if it did Supreme court has given him green chit just like they gave imran khan

disgusted

Mr Javed Iqbal, enough is enough. We can no longer afford your perks and privileges. All we get in return is 'dramabaazi'. Perhaps you learnt the art from haramkhor showbaz.

Okara

so whats wrong with having a iqama? alot of PTI leaders have green cards including Ali Zaidi who is bankrupt in USA. and what does NAB have to do with Iqama thats a immigration issue. and has nothing to do with financial. even if it did Supreme court has given him green chit just like they gave imran khan
Keep in mind Asif Sahib was defence Minister of Pakistan while being employee of a company which was paying him for not doing any work. For u it's not a big issue?

Insaaf4Tyrain

Keep in mind Asif Sahib was defence Minister of Pakistan while being employee of a company which was paying him for not doing any work. For u it's not a big issue?
it’s not an issue just like Asim Saleem Bajwa is not an issue for PTI. Just like Imran khan is satisfied with his money trial even though he is not a judge or NAB same way MNS was satisfied when he was PM

also the National security advisor in Pakistan is a US citizen. How clever

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
He's being called to explain the 15 lakhs per month employment dear.... The investigation will go all the way to his fake employer..

Now find your choosni and suck hard on it.... This guy will be smacked like a flie soon ?

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
اس حرامُزادے کا زیادہ بھونکنا اس واسطے تھا ئہحرام زادے گشتیوں کے بچے خود فوج کے گٹر میں پیدا ہوکر ہماری فوج ہر بھونک کر ہمارے جوانوں ۔افسروں اور شہیدوں غازیوں مجاہدوں کی توہین کرنے والے حرام زادے ہماری فوج کے شہیدوں ہمارے قائید کے مزار کی توہین کرنے والے گشتیوں کے بچے ہیں

Insaaf4Tyrain

He's being called to explain the 15 lakhs per month employment dear.... The investigation will go all the way to his fake employer..

Now find your choosni and suck hard on it.... This guy will be smacked like a flie soon ?
i am sure the choosi is in imran khan's mouth as he has no power to investigate Gen Asim Bajwa and matter of fact just because of Gen Asim Bajwa PTI is changing the Laws so NAB does not go after Gen Bajwa.........PTI is sucking really hard i am sure you will tell me at what pressure you are sucking at

shapik

Senator (1k+ posts)
He wasn’t acquired in asset beyond means case

<ChOuDhArY>

Is laadle ko be billa waja nawaza gya.. hopefully kabi tu merit per insaaf hoga.. yea sab Jail ka maal hn

Okara

it’s not an issue just like Asim Saleem Bajwa is not an issue for PTI. Just like Imran khan is satisfied with his money trial even though he is not a judge or NAB same way MNS was satisfied when he was PM

also the National security advisor in Pakistan is a US citizen. How clever
Are u saying if a company is paying salary to someone without doing any job is okay for you if that person is on a key post? All we should need to know what kind of services Khawajah Asif was providing to UAE based company?
Was IK getting money from a company without giving any services?

Insaaf4Tyrain

Are u saying if a company is paying salary to someone without doing any job is okay for you if that person is on a key post? All we should need to know what kind of services Khawajah Asif was providing to UAE based company?
Was IK getting money from a company without giving any services?
I never mentioned IK I mentioned Asim Saleem Bajwa and I also mentioned A US Citizen Moeed Yousaf who is a NSA in Pakistan. And to add to your knowledge Moeed Yousaf is very close to CIA.

and said same way Imran khan was satisfied when Asim bajwa told him about his properties MNS is satisfied with Khwaja Asif. Now if you think Khawja Asif should get a case and provide his financials to court. But you think it’s ok for Gen Asim Bajwa not provide the money trial in Court ?

Okara

I never mentioned IK I mentioned Asim Saleem Bajwa and I also mentioned A US Citizen Moeed Yousaf who is a NSA in Pakistan. And to add to your knowledge Moeed Yousaf is very close to CIA.

and said same way Imran khan was satisfied when Asim bajwa told him about his properties MNS is satisfied with Khwaja Asif. Now if you think Khawja Asif should get a case and provide his financials to court. But you think it’s ok for Gen Asim Bajwa not provide the money trial in Court ?
If your party thinks Moeed Yousuf and Asim Saleem Bajwa did corruption then why not to approach court just like PTI went to court against NS?

Insaaf4Tyrain

If your party thinks Moeed Yousuf and Asim Saleem Bajwa did corruption then why not to approach court just like PTI went to court against NS?
we will but what is your opinion? And this brings me to aik nahi 2 Pakistan there are two set of laws in Pakistan for people. And in Madina ki Riyasat I think PTI should take the initiative. Unless PTI is using religious card and Madina ki Riyasat for Votes

Okara

we will but what is your opinion? And this brings me to aik nahi 2 Pakistan there are two set of laws in Pakistan for people. And in Madina ki Riyasat I think PTI should take the initiative. Unless PTI is using religious card and Madina ki Riyasat for Votes
Sir I can't say anything as not expert but lets assume both Moeed Yousuf and Gen rtd Bajwa are corrupt and are not Punished can we use this reason not to punish other criminals?
We have departments and they decided to call Asif to provide documents related to his Iqama. If he is innocent there won't be any problem and if criminal he can't be spare saying unless whole world is not prosecuted he can't be punished?