National Leadership of PTI; For People who don't Know

ealtaf

Minister (2k+ posts)
Chairman
Imran Khan
+92-51-2270744

Imran Khan was born on 25th November 1952 in Lahore, Pakistan. He grew up inZaman Park (Lahore) where cricket was a great part of his family life.

Education and Cricket Career:

Imran received his early education at the prestigious Aitchison College, Lahore. Imran Khan proved to be a fine cricketer and made his first-class test debut forLahore at the age of sixteen.

Imran was selected for the Pakistan cricket team in 1970, where he soon made a permanent place for himself. He finished his high school education at the RoyalGrammar School in Worcester, England, where he excelled in cricket. He went on to study Economics and Politics at Keble College, Oxford, in 1972, and was captain of Oxford's cricket team in 1974.

During the Seventies, Imran became a world-class 'all-rounder' and was rewarded with the captaincy of the Pakistani cricket team in 1981. He was declared international cricketer of the year in 1989-90.

Lead the Pakistan team to lift World Cup in 1992:
Imran Khan led the Pakistani team under his captaincy to victory over every other cricketing country in the world. He molded them into a great team through his skills and understanding and taught them what team spirit was and made the players give their best instead of just playing for themselves. Imran Khan led Pakistan to numerous victories all over the world, and during his capaincy Pakistan won the world cup in 1992.

Shaukat Khanum Memorial Cancer Hospital:
Imran vowed to build a Cancer Hospital after watching his mother die from the disease, which made him think about how poor people coped during such difficult times. Since retiring from Cricket in 1993 Imran has been devoting his time in the setting up and running the Cancer Hospital. To raise money he organized door-to-door collections, charity launches and a Ramadan appeal. Shaukat KhanumMemorial Hospital opened in Lahore in 1996 and the press and television covered this happiest moment in Imrans life. Today SKMT is one of the leading institutions for free cancer treatment in the world and has received international recognition.
Currently,Imran Khan is building another cancer hospital in Karachi, using his successful Lahore institution as a model.

Imran is also amongst a number of actors, artists, singers and sports figures who donate their talents to advocate for children on behalf of UNICEF as Special Representatives. He has used his international profile in cricket to support health and immunisation programmes in Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Thailand.

Chancellor of Bradford University, England and Namal College:
In December 2005 Imran was appointed as Chancellor of the University ofBradford in UK, acting as an ambassador for the University in the UK and overseas. The Chancellor awards degrees but also is important as a role model and in helping raise aspirations and awareness of educational opportunities. Imran Khan is the fifth Chancellor of the University of Bradford.

On 27 April 2008, Khan's brainchild, a technical college in the Mianwali District called Namal College, was inaugurated. Namal College was built by the Mianwali Development Trust (MDT), as chaired by Khan, and was made an associate college of the University of Bradford in December 2005.

As a philanthropist and a Member of Parliament in the district, Imran has, under the umbrella of the Mianwali Development Trust (MDT), undertaken a number of initiatives to address the multiple economic and social challenges faced by the area. These challenges include driving improvements in literacy, community organization, health, access to credit, encouragement of corporate investment, and education. Imran Khan has the experience and drive to make Namal College a success story.

Political Career:
Imran Khan was deeply shocked and realized that the only way to change things inPakistan is through an independent judiciary. To fight corruption and bring the rule of law he formed his own political party, Pakistan Tehreek-E-Insaf (PTI) or Movement for Justice. The slogan of PTI is Justice, Humanity and Self Esteem.
He represented Mianwali as a member of the National Assembly from November 2002 to October 2007.

Vice President
Yusuf Malik Gabol
+92-51-2270744
[email protected]
Mr. Yusuf Gabol comes from a well known political family of Sindh, who have been in politics for four generations since pre partition.

His Grandfather Khan Bahadhur Sardar Allah Bux Khan Gabol was an MLA Bombay legislative Assembly, which governed Sindh at the time. He was also the Deputy Speaker of Sindh, and Mayor of Karachi.

Yusuf is an MBA from London and LLB from London UK, and has been associated with PTI since 1998.
Women Wing President and Member ISC
Mrs. Fauzia Kasuri
+92--
[email protected]

Education:
Bachelor of Arts from Karachi University, St.Joseph's College,Khi.
Graduate School at University of North Carolina, NC, USA.
First Part of the MBA program at UNC, NC.
Currently completing Masters in International Relations, PunjabUniversity.

When and Why did I join PTI:
I am a founding member of PTI and have been with the party, the day it was formed.
I joined it because of my belief in the leadership of Imran Khan, his courage and determination to bring about a genuine change in our decadent political system and his vision for a prosperous and progressive Pakistan, based on justice and rule of law.

What do you want to do to improve PTI:
PTI is a party with new faces and fresh ideas. I think it has grown from a small party to the third largest party in Pakistan today. But, there is great potential for further growth and it needs to be tapped. We need to effectively spread the message to the grass root level, for our popularity to translate into votes. Our organization needs to be stronger and the party is continuously working on that.

Any interesting event which motivated you to join PTI:
I had been working as a volunteer in raising funds for ShaukatKhanumCancerHospital even before the hospital started. Living in the United States, most of my adult life, I was not a very keen fan of cricket and did not really care too much for Imran Khan's cricketing prowess. When I moved to Bahrain, I was introduced to Imran Khan by my brother, Chico Jahangir who was his long time friend fromLondon. I held a fundraiser for the hospital at my house in Bahrain and was really impressed by Imran's passion to serve needy Pakistani cancer patients through this medical facility. Since then, I remained involved and helped organize many such events. Having watched Imran closely, seeing his determination, energy and commitment to the cause, I naturally joined him day one in his resolve to change the political dynamics of Pakistan and make it a fair, livable society, for all, based on the rule of law and constitutionalism.
Central Finance Secretary and member ISC
Sardar Azhar Tariq Khan
+92-333-5162213
[email protected]
Educational Background:
- Graduate Peshawar University
- Specialized courses - 23 years experience in Investment Banking/Leasing Co.
When and Why did I join PTI?
Founding member since party's foundation days.
Joined as I believed in Party's cause i.e. "Justice"
What do I want to do to improve PTI?
To make it into a function institution/organization where we can make contribution towards making Pakistan a welfare state, equal opportunities, justice for all.
Any interesting event which motivated me to join PTI?
When party was being formed, Mr. Imran Khan visited my house with Ashiq Qureshi and had an in depth discussion on the vision and need to bring change. Since we used to work for SKMT as volunteers, we knew against all odds Imran Khan made it a reality and established his credibility as a doer. It was easy for all like minded to work for a common cause i.e. Bring change to make Pakistan in line with vision of Quaid e Azam "A welfare state - Justice for all"
Media Advisor to Chairman
Zahid Hussain Kazmi
0321-5123737, 92 51-5953301-2
[email protected]
Central Information Secretary
Omar Sarfaraz Cheema
[email protected]
Date Of Birth: 24[SUP]th[/SUP] July 1969.

Profession : Actively involved in Agriculture and livestock & Dairy Services Sector since 1991.
Joined Pakistan Tehreek-E- Insaf In May 1996.

Educational Background
Matric Garrison Boys High School, Lahore Cantt1984.
Intermediate Government College Lahore.----1986.
BSc Government College Lahore.---1988.
Law (LLb_part-1) Punjab Law College---1990.
Political / Organizational Posts Held

Current Assignment:Central Information Secretary PTI . Since 2008.
Member Organizing Committee, PTI Tehsil Wazirabad.---1996
Vice President, PTI Distt Gujranwala--- 1996-97.
President, PTI Tehsil Wazirabad.--- 2001.
Secretary Youth Affairs, PTI Punjab---1997-98
Member Executive Committee, PTI Punjab.--- 1997-2009.
Secretary Co-ordination PTI Punjab.--- 1999
Personal Staff Officer to Mr.Imran Khan Chairman PTI. 1998 - 2000.
Information Secretary PTI Punjab. 2003-2007.
Member Central Executive Committee PTI--- since 1998.
1- Party candidate for PP-77 ( Wazirabad ) in 1997 General Elections.
2- Party candidate for NA-101 and PP- 104 ( Wazirabad ) 2002 General Elections.
( Nomination papers for NA-101 were later on withdrawn )
3- Party candidate for PP-156 ( Lahore cantt ) in By-Elections.
Director Farmers Associates Of Pakistan ( FAP)
Executive Vice President Livestock Farmers And Breeders Association. (L.F.B.A)
President - Punjab Water Council.
C.E.O --- Livestock and Dairy Services Company.

Vice President & RO South Punjab
Ejaz Ahmad Chaudhary
+92-300-8429367
[email protected]
Education:
F.Sc. Cadet College Kohat
B.Sc. Civil Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore

Political Career:
In my 35 years of political career I started off as a student leader and was elected as Nazim-e-Alla of Islami Jamiat-e-Talba Pakistan. In this regard i have travelled to many countries representing youth of Pakistan. Later I joined Jamaat-e-Islami Pakistan and was nominated as Deputy Secretary General for the Party. I left Jamaat-e-Islami as i believed that the stance of religious political parties since 1999 was not the true representative of Pakistan's interests on national or international fronts.

Why I joined PTI:
The truthful stance of Chairman Imran Khan inspired me to join PTI in September 2007. I have been serving the party ever since in the capacity of Central Vice President.

What do I want to do for PTI:
My interest is to organize PTI at all levels and establish it as a front line political party of Pakistan by motivating and activating people in all walks of life especially youth and students.

I bring with me 35 years worth of experience and insight as I started my political career from the grass root level. I was elected as Councilor / Nazim of local Government three times. I have served as Deputy Mayor Lahore Metropolitan Corporation. I have also contested as MPA and MNA from my area and served a party which is known as the most organized party in Pakistan.

Social and Community Services:
I have been actively engaged with a number of charitable organizations and have helped set up and run hospitals, free clinics and ambulance services. I have also been engaged in the welfare of prisoners and have been a non official visitor (NOV) of Jails in Punjab.
Furthermore, I have constructed a multipurpose hall in the low income area of my constituency and have donated it for community services.

Representation in Trade Body:
Twice elected as the Chairman Pakistan Crop Protection Association (PCPA), the leading trade body of agro chemicals in Pakistan.

Current Assignments in PTI:
Currently I am organizing the Party in South Punjab, an area which has seen neglect from the federal and provincial governments since independence. We have nominated (Provincial Constituencies Organizations) PCOs throughout South Punjab who are fast spreading the message of the party in the area.

Postal Address:
9-C/1, Civic Center, Faisal Town, Lahore
Senior Vice President
Hamid Khan
0333 426 1244

- Member Pakistan Bar Council
- Former President Supreme Court Bar Council
- Member of the council that won the case of Chief Justice Iftakhar M Chaudhry
Vice President
Admiral Jawaid Iqbal
0333 4277808

Profession: Vice Admiral (Rtd) Pakistan Navy and Former Ambassador
Vice President
Air Marshal (rtd) Shahid Zulfiqar
0300 846 7202

Born 1945 lahore, commissioned in PAF June 1964 and retired 1998 as Air Marshal. Was MD Shaheen Foundation for 2 years. Masters in Defence studies from Karachi University and MA Strategic studies from Quaid e Azam University. Was asked to be a candidate during 2002 elections from NA 125 and secured 6500 votes. Stayed on with the party as Deputy Secretary General and then acting Secretary General.
Secretary General
Dr. Arif Alvi
0300 822 1626
arif.alvi[MENTION=10309]insaf[/MENTION].pk
Professional Dental Career
1. BDS (Dentistry) from University of Punjab 1970
2. Master of Science in Prosthodontics from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 1975
3. Master of Science in Orthodontics from University of Pacific, San Francisco 1984
4. Dean Faculty of Orthodontics (College of Physicians and Surgeons) 2000-07
5. Diplomate American Boards of Orthodontics 1995
6. Professor of Prosthodontics (Honorary) Karachi Medical and Dental College 1996-2005
Professional Achievements
1. Chairman 1st Pakistan International Dental Conference 1981
2. Founding Editor of Journal of Pakistan Dental Association 1985-88
3. Chairman 3rd Pakistan International Dental Conference 1987
4. Patron 6th Pakistan International Dental Conference 2000
5. Chairman 28th Asia Pacific Dental Congress 2006
Elected Positions in Dentistry
1. President of Pakistan Dental Association 1997-2001
2. President Pakistan Association of Orthodontists 2005
3. President of Asia Pacific Dental Federation 2006-7
4. Councilor and Trustee of the World Dental Federation 2007-13
Political Career with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf
1. Founder member of PTI 1996
2. Member CEC since first meeting 1996 to date
3. President Sindh PTI 1997-2001
4. Vice President PTI 2001-6
5. Contested Elections from Karachi as PTI candidate 1997 & 2002
6. Was arrested and jailed twice as PTI Leader
7. Secretary General PTI 2006 to date
Fellowships Awarded
1. Fellow Pierre Fauchard Academy
2. Fellow International College of Dentists
3. Fellow of the American College of Dentists
4. Fellow International College of Continuing Dental Education
Charitable Work (Trustee)
1. Chairman Managing Trustee of Safiya Azimuddin Charitable Trust
2. Trustee Shirinbai Jinnah Charitable Trust
(was made Trustee by the sister of Quaid-e-Azam in 1981)
Publications and Media
There are more than 30 research publications in National and International Dental Journals. Dr Alvi has been a frequent guests in hundreds of talk shows in Pakistan and has expounded the cause of PTI.
In my own words:
I was the President of the Students Union in Dental College in Lahore. Was active in Pro Democracy movement in 1969 and was shot and wounded by security forces. Worked for Jamaat-e-Islami for some time. Started discussions with Mr Imran Khan before party was established. The reasons for forming a new progressive party was the lack of leadership in Pakistan. What we have are leaders who are dishonest and enslaved to western powers. They sell their country and our interests for a song. I was one of the few people who helped write the party constitution. I write occasionally on a blog anchored by Dr Awab Alvi (www.TeethMaestro.com). My passion is to change Pakistan according to PTI vision into a Modern Islamic Welfare State.