no more freedom of opinion in Pakistan's digital media

Munawarkhan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
A forum where basically you can embarass any Prime Ministers, President, artist, politician, general, maulvi, judges but there is some, who you cannot speak against.
YES, you guessed it right. You cannot speak against Siasat.pk Authors.

I made a post yesterday on a siasat.pk article and felt they will remove it so took a snapshot.
The post remained active for a few hours and sneakingly in the night it was removed

YES, I know the heading was bit too dramatic but One word for the authors here. As narrated by Imran Khan.

Smoll Men

VdH9tiq.jpeg

The whole point of enforcing the idiotic blog thing on the forum, that is out of bound for discussion, is because these tiny egoistic men who don't want to see feedback of people. Because they are too scared. The biggest reason I see them trying to convert this into a news site. But cannot do the change immediately for fear that they are not actually good at delivering news and forum is the reason people visit this space.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
A forum where basically you can embarass any Prime Ministers, President, artist, politician, general, maulvi, judges but there is some, who you cannot speak against.
YES, you guessed it right. You cannot speak against Siasat.pk Authors.

I made a post yesterday on a siasat.pk article and felt they will remove it so took a snapshot.
The post remained active for a few hours and sneakingly in the night it was removed

YES, I know the heading was bit too dramatic but One word for the authors here. As narrated by Imran Khan.

Smoll Men

VdH9tiq.jpeg

The whole point of enforcing the idiotic blog thing on the forum, that is out of bound for discussion, is because these tiny egoistic men who don't want to see feedback of people. Because they are too scared. The biggest reason I see them trying to convert this into a news site. But cannot do the change immediately for fear that they are not actually good at delivering news and forum is the reason people visit this space.
Like it or not this forum or any other are not democratic, posting here is a privilege and not a right. Anyone is free to leave anytime they choose to if they don't like it here.

I myself had many of my threads and posts deleted, even banned once. But I don't take it personally and neither should you.

And why do I say this? Because I've been a moderator on many forums and it is a thankless job where you can never keep everyone happy.

So chill man and relax ?

Munawarkhan

Like it or not this forum or any other are not democratic, posting here is a privilege and not a right. Anyone is free to leave anytime they choose to if they don't like it here.

I myself had many of my threads and posts deleted, even banned once. But I don't take it personally and neither should you.

And why do I say this? Because I've been a moderator on many forums and it is a thankless job where you can never keep everyone happy.

So chill man and relax ?

I agree but the way we can criticise media articles but not Siasat.pk articles. Why?

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I agree but the way we can criticise media articles but not Siasat.pk articles. Why?
Uh because they own this forum. Maybe your criticism was a bit harsh or just worded the wrong way? I've coitized their videos many times but never had a reaction.

Also it ALL depends which moderator is moderating the forum at any particular time, all mods are given basic guidelines but pretty much its up to the mods discretion.

I remember a time almost any post of mine or anyone criticizing Iran would instantly get deleted, then we figured out that only happens if you post at a certain time of day. So I would not post anything Iran related at that time of day ?

Rio

Councller (250+ posts)
سیاست پی کے والے چند کلک حاصل کرنے کے لئے انتہائی گمراہ کن ٹائٹل لکھتے ہیں،.

یہ حالیہ دو مثالیں ہیں:

دوران میچ سیکیورٹی اہلکاروں نے بھارتی بیٹسمین کو میدان سے باہر نکال دیا

آسٹریلیا کے وزیرتعلیم نے پاکستانی طلباء کو بلاک کردیا، 3 طلباء کی خودکشی

اگر کوئی ایسی چیز کی نشاندہی کرے تو فوراً پوسٹ ڈیلیٹ ہو جاتی ہے.

hassan.te

Minister (2k+ posts)
You are right, the bloger hired by siasat.pk for content creation dont have a sense. And its a shame for siasat.pk that it couldnt hold its old content creators. The reason is bullying in comments and abusive language. Just see any siasi blog and watch comments are never deleted. Why would a sensible person will write a thing here

Munawarkhan

Better moderation.

I have reported tons of abuses, some are taken down some aren’t. Any one who gets abused, instead of replying in more abusive language instead should report.

You are right, the bloger hired by siasat.pk for content creation dont have a sense. And its a shame for siasat.pk that it couldnt hold its old content creators. The reason is bullying in comments and abusive language. Just see any siasi blog and watch comments are never deleted. Why would a sensible person will write a thing here

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Better moderation.

I have reported tons of abuses, some are taken down some aren’t. Any one who gets abused, instead of replying in more abusive language instead should report.
TBH I prefer it this way. There was a time ( dunno if you were around that time ) this place was so overtly moderated it made you choke. You couldn't even write things like pagal or ganja!

Just skip the post if that's not your cup of tea. Or if someone is going overboard with it, put him on ignore. I have many that I have blocked. Of late I've said fuck with political correctness too and its liberating. You should try it too.

Munawarkhan

I remember reporting you multiple times ?

TBH I prefer it this way. There was a time ( dunno if you were around that time ) this place was so overtly moderated it made you choke. You couldn't even write things like pagal or ganja!

Just skip the post if that's not your cup of tea. Or if someone is going overboard with it, put him on ignore. I have many that I have blocked. Of late I've said fuck with political correctness too and its liberating. You should try it too.

Mocha7

Minister (2k+ posts)
Better moderation.

You are absolutely right. This site severely needs moderation. Instead of crappy content production Adeel should focus on the language and temperament of the forum. You will not find the language used here anywhere around be it Pak forums, facebook, twitter or elsewhere.

As far as reporting is concerned it simply doesn't work, sometimes the comment is deleted and rarely the user is banned. This is not how moderation in other forums work. User Iconoclast openly challenged the moderators that I will use lousy language do whatever you want.

لو کرلو گل۔۔۔۔۔

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
You are absolutely right. This site severely needs moderation. Instead of crappy content production Adeel should focus on the language and temperament of the forum. You will not find the language used here anywhere around be it Pak forums, facebook, twitter or elsewhere.

As far as reporting is concerned it simply doesn't work, sometimes the comment is deleted and rarely the user is banned. This is not how moderation in other forums work. User Iconoclast openly challenged the moderators that I will use lousy language do whatever you want.

لو کرلو گل۔۔۔۔۔
I would rather have an honest person abuse the shit out of me rather than a dishonest backstabber be all nice and polite. And I've found in real life too, the people who pretend to be very decent and polite are the biggest bastards. With people who are a bit crude, you get what you see.

Mocha7

Minister (2k+ posts)
I would rather have an honest person abuse the shit out of me rather than a dishonest backstabber be all nice and polite. And I've found in real life too, the people who pretend to be very decent and polite are the biggest bastards. With people who are a bit crude, you get what you see.

Lol... If people start spitting what they are thinking about others, it would be a disaster. What you are suggesting only works with close friends. Imagine if wife can read what her husband, at times, think of her or employee learn what the employers are thinking about him. We display a fake composed personality all the time (remember an uninvited guest). This is how it works and I don't think there is anything wrong in it.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Lol... If people start spitting what they are thinking about others, it would be a disaster. What you are suggesting only works with close friends. Imagine if wife can read what her husband, at times, think of her or employee learn what the employers are thinking about him. We display a fake composed personality all the time (remember an uninvited guest). This is how it works and I don't think there is anything wrong in it.
What you are talking about it having no social filters. totally different thing.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
سیاست پی کے والے چند کلک حاصل کرنے کے لئے انتہائی گمراہ کن ٹائٹل لکھتے ہیں،.

یہ حالیہ دو مثالیں ہیں:

دوران میچ سیکیورٹی اہلکاروں نے بھارتی بیٹسمین کو میدان سے باہر نکال دیا

آسٹریلیا کے وزیرتعلیم نے پاکستانی طلباء کو بلاک کردیا، 3 طلباء کی خودکشی

اگر کوئی ایسی چیز کی نشاندہی کرے تو فوراً پوسٹ ڈیلیٹ ہو جاتی ہے.
وزیراعظم کا مرغی پال منصوبہ ناکام؟ کتنے فیصد لوگ اس منصوبے کے حق میں ہیں؟

Reactions: Rio

Munawarkhan

This was my thread that was deleted
https://siasat.pk/forums/threads/siasat-pk-walay-idiot-authors.796365/

Two things that you need to address on Blog articles

1. Verified news should be shared, most of your blog/khabrain articles, that are not opinions, don't carry news source. e.g.

https://blog.siasat.pk/japan-extend...d-for-maternal-and-child-healthcare-in-sindh/
https://urdu.siasat.pk/news/2021-09-03/news-116275

2. When you share opinion on unverified news, that's as good as spreading disinformation.

I'll check who deleted your thread. This thread is still here. Please point out the issues. I'm all ears.