No religion is higher than Humanity: Edhi

Kavalier

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
8th July is the death anniversary of Abdul Sittar Edhi, the great.
A person who lived for others and gave us the meaning of our lives. I share his ever greatest quote here that Humanity is above all religions and castes, sects and races. Let us join hands to promote his ideas and help the poor of the country and fight against the social and economic injustice.

Last edited:

NasNY

Just as Islam teaches Humanity above all else,
don't mistake Islam with those who try to mold Islam in their own limited thinking.

Kavalier

don't mistake Islam with those who try to mold Islam in their own limited thinking.

Yes fully agreed, Islam means peace and in my humble opinion one who does not serve humanity and bring peace or joy to others, is not a muslim.

Vitamin_C

Not until we get rid of death penalty for blasphemy and apostasy. You have to decide whether ideas are more important or human lives are more important. Cant have it both ways.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Not until we get rid of death penalty for blasphemy and apostasy
There is no such thing in Islam, this is just made up by dhongi moulvis with false interpetations and then implemented as law by deranged individuals like Zis, and unfortunately majority of the nation is totally clueless about the deen nor very educated its very easy to get them all wriled up in the name of religion.

Look at Salman Taseer he just spoke of about it, and was killed by an idiot and then turned into a hero by even bigger idiots. No one dares now to mess around with these jahal laws or reign in the power of these jahal moulvis including this govt. Its become a hornets nest which no one wants to poke and let the hornets swarm them so they all give it a wide berth.

Imranpak

I respect Eidhi saheb however humanity is not a religion. You see believing in any religion is a choice where we being human is not

Kavalier

I respect Eidhi saheb however humanity is not a religion. You see believing in any religion is a choice where we being human is not
Humanity is not a religion, that is why it is said that humanity is above all religions. Do you think any religion can be complete without being a part of humanity? Religion is just a subset of humanity because we are all humans first and then Sunni, Shia, Hindu, Mirzai, Christian, sikh etc.

Imranpak

Humanity is not a religion, that is why it is said that humanity is above all religions. Do you think any religion can be complete without being a part of humanity? Religion is just a subset of humanity because we are all humans first and then Sunni, Shia, Hindu, Mirzai, Christian, sikh etc.

Then Eidhi should stop calling himself a Muslim because Islam is not pacifist like he was. If your idea of humanity is pacifism then I want none of this ridiculous philosophy. I can convert to any religion but can not do so to any living thing even if I wanted too.

Kavalier

Then Eidhi should stop calling himself a Muslim because Islam is not pacifist like he was. If your idea of humanity is pacifism then I want none of this ridiculous philosophy. I can convert to any religion but can not do so to any living thing even if I wanted too.
WOW, I wonder if these are teachings of our religion??? For one, the Islam I know will never doubt anyone's belief, that is between Allah and that person. Secondly, Islam says, whoever saves a human life (not a muslim life), saves whole humanity (not the whole muslims). This is one of several examples, where in Islam, it is stressed that humanity be served and obviously when humanity is categorically mentioned, it means everyone without any distinguition of their religions.
As I said before, you can not be a muslim if you are not a human first. Can you name a table or an animal as muslim??
Pacifism is second name of Islam, the word itself contains the meaning of peace, rest I leave for your understanding.

Imranpak

WOW, I wonder if these are teachings of our religion??? For one, the Islam I know will never doubt anyone's belief, that is between Allah and that person. Secondly, Islam says, whoever saves a human life (not a muslim life), saves whole humanity (not the whole muslims). This is one of several examples, where in Islam, it is stressed that humanity be served and obviously when humanity is categorically mentioned, it means everyone without any distinguition of their religions.
As I said before, you can not be a muslim if you are not a human first. Can you name a table or an animal as muslim??
Pacifism is second name of Islam, the word itself contains the meaning of peace, rest I leave for your understanding.

There is no such religion as humanity so get it through your head. If Islam is the truth then any other religion is false. Islam is like the soil on which all flowers may grow. Try to understand what I am saying that we are human by default where as converting to any religion is a choice. Had Islam been pacifist then the SAW would not have fought so many wars in the name off it. You sure need guidance boy!

Kavalier

There is no such religion as humanity so get it through your head. If Islam is the truth then any other religion is false. Islam is like the soil on which all flowers may grow. Try to understand what I am saying that we are human by default where as converting to any religion is a choice. Had Islam been pacifist then the SAW would not have fought so many wars in the name off it. You sure need guidance boy!

Being human and humanity are two different things and I am not taking humanity in terms of being born as a human. With your definition, every wadera, corrupt, killer, molester, thief etc etc are all humans and are having humanity.

Secondly, fighting for your defence is a must obviously but not to make others your slave or loot their valueables, let alone kill someone. This is what out Prophet (PBUH) had done and this is what he preached. He would have never been called as Rehamtul-lil-Aalmeen if he had, God forbid, fought wars for being an oppressor or for winning other's lands and valueables. All wars were either in self defence or to defend fellow muslims.

One can never spread a religion with sword, one has to be a Role model, the society has to be a role model to inflict an influence on other humans and societies.

Imranpak

Being human and humanity are two different things and I am not taking humanity in terms of being born as a human. With your definition, every wadera, corrupt, killer, molester, thief etc etc are all humans and are having humanity.

Secondly, fighting for your defence is a must obviously but not to make others your slave or loot their valueables, let alone kill someone. This is what out Prophet (PBUH) had done and this is what he preached. He would have never been called as Rehamtul-lil-Aalmeen if he had, God forbid, fought wars for being an oppressor or for winning other's lands and valueables. All wars were either in self defence or to defend fellow muslims.

One can never spread a religion with sword, one has to be a Role model, the society has to be a role model to inflict an influence on other humans and societies.

Neither can humanity be spread by force. There is no such religion called humanity or humanism at all, simple. Yes every killer and rapist is indeed a human even if they have no humanity. The point here is that humanity is not a practise in the sense that no prayer or fasting is required to please the creator. To be a Muslim one has to profess the kalimah where as to show humanity no such thing is required because humanity is not a religious belief system.

The point is that Islam is not pacifist and never was unlike many Muslim's believe. It does believe in fighting for a just cause, it is another matter that after the Prophet(SAW) many have used Jihad to conquer lands as well which we must accept. You see pacifism is believing that war never sorts a problem hence it is not compatible with Islam like Imran Khan seems to think when Kashmiris are being butchered. I am not saying that Islam was spread by the sword.

Kavalier

Neither can humanity be spread by force. There is no such religion called humanity or humanism at all, simple. Yes every killer and rapist is indeed a human even if they have no humanity. The point here is that humanity is not a practise in the sense that no prayer or fasting is required to please the creator. To be a Muslim one has to profess the kalimah where as to show humanity no such thing is required because humanity is not a religious belief system.

The point is that Islam is not pacifist and never was unlike many Muslim's believe. It does believe in fighting for a just cause, it is another matter that after the Prophet(SAW) many have used Jihad to conquer lands as well which we must accept. You see pacifism is believing that war never sorts a problem hence it is not compatible with Islam like Imran Khan seems to think when Kashmiris are being butchered. I am not saying that Islam was spread by the sword.

In case of Kashmir, I fully agree that they are being oppressed and must be helped by all means. And this is my point as well, the religion allows us to defend and retaliate when being oppressed but it never says that we go out fighting with others for the sake of spreading ideology.

Coming to humanity or humanism, I already said that it is no religion but the basis of every religion. So what is important and should be the priority? Obviously the base comes first and then everything else. If one fasts, prays and recites kalima every morning and evening, but he has no humanity at all, will he be a good muslim? No Sir, he wont be, because he is missing he base of all religions and that is humanity.
In my personal views, Allah, the Creator, loves more to a humble human than a brutal, unkind and unhuman practising muslim. I hope you see my point here, that humanity is base, no religion is complete without humanity, simple words, humanity comes first and then everything else.

Imranpak

In case of Kashmir, I fully agree that they are being oppressed and must be helped by all means. And this is my point as well, the religion allows us to defend and retaliate when being oppressed but it never says that we go out fighting with others for the sake of spreading ideology.

Coming to humanity or humanism, I already said that it is no religion but the basis of every religion. So what is important and should be the priority? Obviously the base comes first and then everything else. If one fasts, prays and recites kalima every morning and evening, but he has no humanity at all, will he be a good muslim? No Sir, he wont be, because he is missing he base of all religions and that is humanity.
In my personal views, Allah, the Creator, loves more to a humble human than a brutal, unkind and unhuman practising muslim. I hope you see my point here, that humanity is base, no religion is complete without humanity, simple words, humanity comes first and then everything else.

See once again you need to understand what humanity it and what religion is. Humanity is not a belief system at all where as religion is. Both humanity and religion call for defending people and all forms of life.

Back to the original point that Mr Eidhi made that "my religion is humanity" makes no sense to me coming from a practising Muslim like him. If that was so there would be no point in him making prayers and fasting as well. One would be a bad human being and Muslim if they were cruel as you suggest so we need to get in to perspective here. Religion is a belief system that comes with a code of practises where as humanity is just being nice to all creation.

We can convert to and leave any religion, this does not apply to our humanity. We just have to agree to disagree wit seems.