Orange Line Train - It'll cost 12 Billion Rupees in subsidies per year

ARSHAD2011

Minister (2k+ posts)
do not compare us with dubai? dont you see the condition of our public schools, hospitals and public transport in all other cities of punjab? smh

every thing important, not only School , road net work or hospital.
Yes, some how govt should gave importance to other cities also, but Lahore is big city, as KPK govt build metro only in Pershaver not in other small cites.
Once I travelled Faisalabad to Multan motor way and spend less time about one hour 30 minutes, means save time and petrol also. These kind of mega project for life time not one specific time period. These kind of facilities used by low income people specially.
I hope people of Karachi have also same metro.

Okara

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
These kind of project always in public interest and can run with govt subsidies, there is lot of examples in all over the world. even these kind of project should also start in karachi long time before.In Dubai, there is metro where 90% foreigner used such facilities. in 2009 when Dubai metro started the ticket price was Dhs1.8 to Dhs 8.00.Now after 5ye the increased price.
In 1990 when Lahore Islamabad motorway started, many peoples opposed this project, now this proved that these kind of projects are back bon for any economy.
Why in Pakistan other privately owned transport services running without subsidy but government owned services required subsidy?
Can u provided example from India where Indian governments are providing subsidy?

ARSHAD2011

Minister (2k+ posts)
Why in Pakistan other privately owned transport services running without subsidy but government owned services required subsidy?
Can u provided example from India where Indian governments are providing subsidy?

I am not from India, I can give example from Dubai and even in here in Toronto. even some time there is few passenger and without passenger but they have to run the transport.

Okara

I am not from India, I can give example from Dubai and even in here in Toronto. even some time there is few passenger and without passenger but they have to run the transport.
Please share example from Toronto like metro bus service? Also please enlighten us which country's company is operating this service like a Turkish company in Lahore?

Okara

One more question who is paying subsidy for TTC? Federal government, provincial government or local government?

ARSHAD2011

Minister (2k+ posts)
Please share example from Toronto like metro bus service? Also please enlighten us which country's company is operating this service like a Turkish company in Lahore?

Here is Public transport ( Bus ) service some time they run this service with only 2 or three passengers. any where private sector cannot run such project.
if this is not public interest then Pti never start Peshawar metro.Even in China they build road network in small cities, because they understand the importance of such projects.

Okara

Provincial Govt.
Please re-check. Toronto Transit Company is operated by local government through crown corporation and if any Subsidy that is from local government taxes.
It doesn't make sense that people of Okara should pay luxury of Lahore?

Last edited:

Okara

Here is Public transport ( Bus ) service some time they run this service with only 2 or three passengers. any where private sector cannot run such project.
if this is not public interest then Pti never start Peshawar metro.Even in China they build road network in small cities, because they understand the importance of such projects.
Arshad Sahib,
The TTC kind of services are managed and operated by Public Corporations whose budget is approved by local governments. Money to run local transport services are generated through Fare, advertisement and subsidy by local government.
Please provide me one example from whole word where a public funded service is operated by a private company of another country and on top subsidy is given.
I am PTI supporter and is not proud on Peshawar Jangla Bus service. Yet if this service is subsidized by Provincial government its injustice to people not living in Peshawar. Finally if the Peshawar Jangla Bus is operated by a private company of non-Pakistani origin then its a criminal activity.

Okara

Very good idea ? ? ? ?

Then KPK govt can build 24 new hospital and hundreds of school with 100 billion RS spend on Peshawar metro project. even as Khan sahib is the Jangla bus.
U are absolutely right Arshad Sahib. Being PTI supporter I condemn KPK government building Jangla Bus kind of projects instead first upgrading education and health system. In case we want Public transport service why can't we use existing infrastructure like TTC HOV Lanes.

Raja Farooq

Senator (1k+ posts)
Arshad Sahib,
The TTC kind of services are managed and operated by Public Corporations whose budget is approved by local governments. Money to run local transport services are generated through Fare, advertisement and subsidy by local government.
Please provide me one example from whole word where a public funded service is operated by a private company of another country and on top subsidy is given.
I am PTI supporter and is not proud on Peshawar Jangla Bus service. Yet if this service is subsidized by Provincial government its injustice to people not living in Peshawar. Finally if the Peshawar Jangla Bus is operated by a private company of non-Pakistani origin then its a criminal activity.
Oo bhai aap kyon apna time waste krr rhy hoo joo banda toronto myy reh krr yee nyy samj ska ky hamary mulk iss haal my kis ny poonchaya and justifying certified criminals

ARSHAD2011

Minister (2k+ posts)
Arshad Sahib,

Some where I agree with you,
Bhai Jaan ; Federal govt distribute funds to province on the basis of population and same as provincial govt to local govt, and same Provincial govt funding and start project only where there needs, if they need a project in Toronto, the start there, same kind of project cannot have other small cities. same is with universities and hospital.
Mega project only can start in big cities with big population.

Sorry if any of my words hurts you ? ? ?

Allah Hafiz

Okara

Some where I agree with you,
Bhai Jaan ; Federal govt distribute funds to province on the basis of population and same as provincial govt to local govt, and same Provincial govt funding and start project only where there needs, if they need a project in Toronto, the start there, same kind of project cannot have other small cities. same is with universities and hospital.
Mega project only can start in big cities with big population.

Sorry if any of my words hurts you ? ? ?

Allah Hafiz
Arshad Sahib,
If u are in Canada then please do some study? BTW when was last time you submitted ur Tax returns?
In Canada, annual Tax returns have some Fed and Provincial Tax portion. The local government budget is based on portion of Property Tax collected.

Sonya Khan

Minister (2k+ posts)
and send a bill for the rest of the amount to Sharif bros and Maryam…Confiscate all their properties if they don't pay…..Ab is mien kia
And start new projects having plaques having plaques displaying ‘This project was made possible from the recovered money from Sharifs and Zardaris’ .......

Saboo

And start new projects having plaques having plaques displaying This project was made possible from the recovered money from Sharifs and Zardaris’ .......
Please also add:
as promised by Prime Minister of Pakistan, Imran Khan.
Another one of his promises fulfilled…... ?