Pakistan Made Imported Food Products

Hate_Nooras

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Sounds good but we need entrepreneurs with passion, brains, capital and a good business environment. We have very few of these criteria and this is just talk. I have been hearing about olives since i was i child and all i hear is more talk. Lets see some real results

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Sounds good but we need entrepreneurs with passion, brains, capital and a good business environment. We have very few of these criteria and this is just talk. I have been hearing about olives since i was i child and all i hear is more talk. Lets see some real results
Results take time need to be patient.
One example is Olive trees, which will take some 5-7 years before we could start exporting olive oils.

Hate_Nooras

Results take time need to be patient.
One example is Olive trees, which will take some 5-7 years before we could start exporting olive oils.
Fair enough but we talked about olives nearly 20 years ago. These things take proper planning and coordination and let's face it, we can't organise a piss up in a brewery. I am as desperate as anyone for these to be true but after a years of hearing the same, I am sceptical.

Wake up Pak

Fair enough but we talked about olives nearly 20 years ago. These things take proper planning and coordination and let's face it, we can't organise a piss up in a brewery. I am as desperate as anyone for these to be true but after a years of hearing the same, I am sceptical.
You can be skeptical all you want. The problem you don't realize is that true leadership is working day and night to revive the old and rotten system which the previous governments had destroyed.
Let me give you another example. After corona pandemics, this government took initiatives, and now we are in a state to export ventilators and PPE.
Just yesterday PTI government has introduced an EV policy and inaugurated the made in Pakistan Electric cycles/motorcycles which also be exported to different parts of the world.

miafridi

Sounds really great that so much is being done behind the scenes in Imran Khan's government. All these initiatives will surely put Pakistan on the path of progressed Nations.

Wake up Pak

Sounds really great that so much is being done behind the scenes in Imran Khan's government. All these initiatives will surely put Pakistan on the path of progressed Nations.
Unfortunately, some so-called Insafian wants to see stuff like the metro bus and orange line train. They don't realize that this government is working on 10 Dams of which three are the big ones which no previous government in the last 50 years thought about the disaster we can face if we did not have the Dams.

miafridi

Unfortunately, some so-called Insafian wants to see stuff like the metro bus and orange line train. They don't realize that this government is working on 10 Dams of which three are the big ones which no previous government in the last 50 years thought about the disaster we can face if we did not have the Dams.

This is unfortunate, all the things which PTI is doing are vital for our existence let alone for growth. Just for example without the dams our water reserves will no longer be able to sustain our current crops level, Trees, and we won't even have drinking water, despite the growing population each year.

Imran khan is thinking not only about the present but also about the future of the country with projects like dams, 10 billion Tree Tsunamic, Made in Pakistan, Health cards, Ehsaas etc.

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
بہت بڑے اور تاریخی ایونٹ کو اس کتے کے بچے عدیل راجے اور ارشد بد معاش نے اپنی حرام زدگی سے سبوتاژ کرنے کی کوشش کی اور اس حرام زادوں نے ایونٹ کوریج کی جگہ چار حرامی کتوں کا بھونکنا کاٹنا ہی میڈیا کی کوریج میں رہا یہ ایک سوچی سمجھی سازش تھی ان حرام زادوں کی جس میں یہ نطفہ حرام کافی حد تک کامیاب ہو گئے

Shan ALi AK 27

We have plenty of talent passion and brains. All you see here is childish talk because that is what we are here for. You need to be at the right place for what you are looking for.

Eyeaan

Cheema is a well educated experts who understands his craft of agri-business and our local environment.
Most of our agri-experts are moved by foreign models who push for disasterous policies like water-pricing, global free-markets, excessive mechanization and gmo etc.

The plans for local storage facilities and local farmer-led market will change the rural economy bottom-up and open new avenues. This infra-structure would help towards self-sufficiency , crop-field innovation and local capital generation. Its results will not be realized within a few years but when the farmers fully adopts to new mode of market..

Great works were done in Ayub/ZA Bhutto era for rural economy. IMO, later, Dr. Amir Mohammad Khan, VC agriculture university in Zia era, was the last minister who brought policies for rural development. Afterwards free-marketers new-liberals took over this country and political government worked only for Urban areas/city-based industrialists and for their own pockets and farmers were forgotten. He, if succeeds, can be a star like Dr. Nishter in this government.

iltaf

Sir results have already started coming in esp in Potohar region and in Hazara division, people have been producing olive oil. In KP alone, in many districts olive cultivation is in full swing. It takes a few years esp in Olive case to produce its edible oil.

Hate_Nooras

Sir results have already started coming in esp in Potohar region and in Hazara division, people have been producing olive oil. In KP alone, in many districts olive cultivation is in full swing. It takes a few years esp in Olive case to produce its edible oil.
As i said nothing would give me greater satisfaction than seeing these ideas to come to fruition. But for them to make a difference to our Imports there has to be massive investment from govt and Entrepreneurs in processing and logistics. Producing the olives is only one part, getting it to the value added stage and to the consumer is a whole different ball game.