Pakistan needs to reevaluate its air defence missile systems

The landing and crashing of an Indian missile on 9th March 2022 at mian chunnoo is a matter of grave concern for pakistan. It has invited series of unanswered questions and has ensued worries. In the wake of current volatile international scenario a missile being dropped mistakenly as admitted by India is an eye wash.

India has intentionally fired the projectile to check our air defence system. Almost all the missile systems has an arrangement under the control of the operator to self destruct if inadvertently fired. Why then indian forces fail to enact such a provision to get it destroyed in the flight before hitting the ground. Therefore this analogy proves that indian designs are hegemonic and weird in nature.

Once again Pakistan Air defence system fails to intercept this projectile in the retrospective view of abbottabad incident. Why tactical action was found missing from PAF and army air defence .

Even if anti missile batteries not in position to intercept at least the interceptors must have been scrambled well in advance to divert this piece of threat through electronic counter measures or to destroy it in air.

It seems a gross intelligence failure on part of our defence forces. A continuous threat assessment is need of the hour on both sides of border in general and indian side on particular.

Next is the deployment of anti missile systems based on the threat assessment. At least during the ongoing conflict between Ukraine and Russia these weapon system must remain deployed to counter any threat from indian side.

Indian envoy in pakistan must be reminded of our rights to retaliate if such an action is repeated in future. Merely protesting in simply words could not provide any effect of deterrence.

ISPR should present a documentary on the anti missile systems available to pakistan to raise deterrence level for our enemies without any apprehension.
I invite my fellow readers to share their comments on this topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tit4Tat

Minister (2k+ posts)
The landing and crashing of an Indian missile on 9th March 2022 at mian chunnoo is a matter of grave concern for pakistan. It has invited series of unanswered questions and has ensued worries. In the wake of current volatile international scenario a missile being dropped mistakenly as admitted by India is an eye wash. India has intentionally fired the projectile to check our air defence system. Almost all the missile systems has an arrangement under the control of the operator to self destruct if inadvertently fired. Why then indian forces fail to enact such a provision to get it destroyed in the flight before hitting the ground. Therefore this analogy proves that indian designs are hegemonic and weird in nature.
Once again Pakistan Air defence system fails to intercept this projectile in the retrospective view of abbottabad incident. Why tactical action was found missing from PAF and army air defence .
Even if anti missile batteries not in position to intercept at least the interceptors must have been scrambled well in advance to divert this piece of threat through electronic counter measures or to destroy it in air.
It seems a gross intelligence failure on part of our defence forces. A continuous threat assessment is need of the hour on both sides of border in general and indian side on particular.
Next is the deployment of anti missile systems based on the threat assessment. At least during the ongoing conflict between Ukraine and Russia these weapon system must remain deployed to counter any threat from indian side.
Indian envoy in pakistan must be reminded of our rights to retaliate if such an action is repeated in future. Merely protesting in simply words could not provide any effect of deterrence.
ISPR should present a documentary on the anti missile systems available to pakistan to raise deterrence level for our enemies without any apprehension.

Pak air defence system worked really well where the object got picked up soon as it was launched, but its not easy to bring down a cruise missile

A.jokhio

Minister (2k+ posts)
The landing and crashing of an Indian missile on 9th March 2022 at mian chunnoo is a matter of grave concern for pakistan. It has invited series of unanswered questions and has ensued worries. In the wake of current volatile international scenario a missile being dropped mistakenly as admitted by India is an eye wash.

India has intentionally fired the projectile to check our air defence system. Almost all the missile systems has an arrangement under the control of the operator to self destruct if inadvertently fired. Why then indian forces fail to enact such a provision to get it destroyed in the flight before hitting the ground. Therefore this analogy proves that indian designs are hegemonic and weird in nature.

I am not any expert on defense field....but i completely agree that we filed to intercept and our Foreign diplomatic response is also very inappropriate...we have not protested or reported in manner that we should have...we do nothing when their submarine get detected in our waters, we dont intercept their misile...is this a war strategy or Pak has decided that we wont fight war with India bcz we wont won...

Tit4Tat

Minister (2k+ posts)
I am not any expert on defense field....but i completely agree that we filed to intercept and our Foreign diplomatic response is also very inappropriate...we have not protested or reported in manner that we should have...we do nothing when their submarine get detected in our waters, we dont intercept their misile...is this a war strategy or Pak has decided that we wont fight war with India bcz we wont won...

and it seems that Pak has already forgiven India for this, it is a major major blunder by india, we must gain something out of it. Even the international media was full of this news yesterday, mistakes like this can effect the whole world but just as we were really quick in handing back Abhinandan, we have been nice again to India for this blunder

A.jokhio

Minister (2k+ posts)
and it seems that Pak has already forgiven India for this, it is a major major blunder by india, we must gain something out of it. Even the international media was full of this news yesterday, mistakes like this can effect the whole world but just as we were really quick in handing back Abhinandan, we have been nice again to India for this blunder
agree with rest...but i dont think it was a blunder...it was deliberate attempt to measure Pakistan air defense capability...neither our media nor our Govt or Forces responded thy way we should be...i dont understand why we are so lenient always, when it comes to our most hostile enemy India....Indians were celebrating this "Mistake"...their social media was full with trends enjoying this adventure of Indian Army...their politicians were taking advantage mocking Pakistan, over this "accident"...

Last edited:

Tit4Tat

Minister (2k+ posts)
agree with rest...but i dont think it was a bluder...it was deliberate attempt to measure Pakistan air defense capability...neither our media nor our Govt or Forces responded they way we should be...i dont understand why we are so lenient always, when it comes to our most hostile enemy India....Indians were celebrating this "Mistake"...their social media was full with trends enjoying this adventure of Indian Army...their politicians were taking advantage mocking Pakistan, over this "accident"...

oh yea definitely, india did that on purpose

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
It was a deliberate attempt. I am sure of this considering Hindutva mindset.
But its not necessary to shoot everything down. Missile was not a threat to our strategic locations. Also air defense was in peace time deployment.
Secondly our air defense is capable enough to defend our strategic locations. Its technically not possible to stop such missiles flying at Mach 3 for any air defense in the world.
We have a lot of lessons to learn from it.

That is why I always think to rebuild our defense and deterrence infrastructure west of River indus.
It is always easy to loose battle but to loose war is not an option for us. We should be ready.

The Oasis

MPA (400+ posts)
This is a supersonic missile, Pakistan has no capability to shoot down mach 3 missile. Even the Russian S400 has a kill probability of 1:3.5 against such missiles.

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
بھارت انتہا پسند اکثریت پر مشتمل ایک غیر ذمہ دار ریاست ہے. سفید انتہا پسند ریاستوں کے ایما پر وہ پاکستان کے خلاف کچھ بھی کرنے پر آمادہ ہو سکتی ہے

Last edited:

MianJi

MPA (400+ posts)
Agreed that we could not shoot down the missile, but our response was too subdued on the diplomatic front. This was a time to remind the world of the harsh reality of consequences if we had not restrained ourselves and responded to India in kind.