Peak of Mismanagement at F9 MVC Islamabad - Kudos to PTI Govt/Asad Omer

Res1Pect

Minister (2k+ posts)
Having arrived in Pakistan last month, I tried my best to get some information about the vaccination center where I could get my (and my wife's) second dose of COVID Pfizer vaccine as we had our first dose in Saudi Arabia.

To my utter disappointment, I found out that :

1. The PTCL (051) numbers given by the government of Pakistan for the information/guidance about COVID Vaccine are not even listed with PTCL. I confirmed it from the PTCL that the numbers are not even listed with them. (horrible)

2. The phone number for F9 Mass Vaccination Center keeps dialing as no one ever picks up the phone. (shocking)

3. Finding no other way out, I along with my family went through a long hectic and painful road travel to get to the F9 Mass Vaccination Center Islamabad.

4. The mismanagement at the F9 MVC was appalling. Thousands were standing (and sweating) in long queues with no hope of being attended by someone.

5. Someone at the desk (an official) told me that there was only one lady to vaccinate the female visitors but that ONLY lady escaped to nowhere leaving her desk unattended.

6. It was complete mayhem. After spending some time in a situation of hope against hope I decided to return to my home without taking vaccine.

To me, it seems PTI government is proving to be much ado about nothing. Most public dealing areas that I have gone through so far on my recent visit to Pakistan are as pathetically managed as they were during the great eras of Nawaz and Zardari. To my sheer disappointment, Imran is proving to be no exception.

As for Asad Omer, he definitely needs a pat on his back for even failing to ensure that the correct and updated information about the availability of vaccine reaches people on time. Phones are dead, numbers are not listed, people are being kept in long queues and IK along with his marvelous team is busy in building NAYA PAKISTAN.

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
You took your first dose in Saudi, and came to Pakistan for the second? That is the smartest thing ive heard all day.

Rest, its a mass vaccination drive, and there are thousands of people lining up daily. Yes there are bound to be hiccups, but happy to report that more people are satisfied than otherwise.

You should have gotten both your doses done from the same place, instead of splitting them between Saudi and Pak. there may be a legitimate reason for that, but doesnt add up.

umer

Minister (2k+ posts)
Just to throw some more light on it . My parents got their vaccine done in a very nice manner. They only spent like 30mins there and it was all done. Now when my brother went, he had to wait 5 6 hours on the queue.
I dnt understand why ppl forget we are on pakistan. The population is 22 crore. Already 3 crore have gotten it. Its not going to be as smooth as saudia or eu. But still it's not so bad. At least they are doing it. Had it been ns or zardari things would have been far worst. Remember that.

waqarwah81

Senator (1k+ posts)
Vaccination centers are too little too few in number as compared to the population to cater but i still believe that PTI is managing it much better than PPP and if Noon league was in power it would have been not much different than PPP while I was in Pakistan I got my mother vaccinated and it was easy with no queues but recently other family members got vaccinated and they reported me that there were long queues as more and more people are getting vaccinated

umer

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes the points about phone numbers and other mismanagement are valid . Shouldn't happen but look around you. The people you see everyday are also the same ppl working there as well. We are as a nation very badly behaved. We don't take responsibility at all, in govt dept, nobody works. They just sit there, drink tea and that's it. There would be few really great ppl but I am talking about most of us.
We need to get better as a nation.

sab_tamasha_hai

Minister (2k+ posts)
Just to throw some more light on it . My parents got their vaccine done in a very nice manner. They only spent like 30mins there and it was all done. Now when my brother went, he had to wait 5 6 hours on the queue.
I dnt understand why ppl forget we are on pakistan. The population is 22 crore. Already 3 crore have gotten it. Its not going to be as smooth as saudia or eu. But still it's not so bad. At least they are doing it. Had it been ns or zardari things would have been far worst. Remember that.
My entire family got vaccination without any issues. He wants to get Pfizer, which is already in a very short supply. My family were in and out within 15 minutes but they didnt wanted preferential vaccine.

miafridi

It would have been nice if you had some visual proof of what you are saying, we are in 2021 not in the 90s.

And we have seen people even from the opposition talking good about the govt's excellent vaccination drive. You are labelling the situation as pathetic probably because you expected Pakistan to be providing everything as smoothly as the ultra rich nation you came from which is around 8 times smaller than Pakistan in terms of population size as well.

As for the phone numbers, I think there is also an SMS service which lets you know the time/date/center to get your vaccination done.

Siberite

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Yes the points about phone numbers and other mismanagement are valid . Shouldn't happen but look around you. The people you see everyday are also the same ppl working there as well. We are as a nation very badly behaved. We don't take responsibility at all, in govt dept, nobody works. They just sit there, drink tea and that's it. There would be few really great ppl but I am talking about most of us.
We need to get better as a nation.
Yeah, slap incompetence of current regime to the collective lazyness of the nation and get Scot free ride to PTI. Had it been the opposition in governance, you would not leave any stone unturned blaming them for the mismanagement.
Just reading all the comments from PTI supporters, it shows their ignorance and accepting of the facts. The guy posting his horrible experience, and the fan club bashing him to come to Pakistan to get his 2nd shot. Now that shows that don't bother coming to Pakistan, the Naya Pakistan is in progress.

sab_tamasha_hai

Minister (2k+ posts)
It would have been nice if you had some visual proof of what you are saying, we are in 2021 not in the 90s.

And we have seen people even from the opposition talking good about the govt's excellent vaccination drive. You are labelling the situation as pathetic probably because you expected Pakistan to be providing everything as smoothly as the ultra rich nation you came from which is around 8 times smaller than Pakistan in terms of population size as well.

As for the phone numbers, I think there is also an SMS service which lets you know the time/date/center to get your vaccination done.
My friends in UK waited half an hour in rain to get vaccine. Somehow, everyone wants VIP status in Pakistan without realising the current resources our government has. I have never heard of any issues from any of my friend or family about vaccination.

Keep the trust

Minister (2k+ posts)
To me you should not be vaccinated in Pak. You got your first in KSA and wants second in Pak wow smart move.. Here in KSA and in UK they are give mix match so if u can’t find Pfizer go for astra.

arifkarim

Yeah, slap incompetence of current regime to the collective lazyness of the nation and get Scot free ride to PTI. Had it been the opposition in governance, you would not leave any stone unturned blaming them for the mismanagement.
Just reading all the comments from PTI supporters, it shows their ignorance and accepting of the facts. The guy posting his horrible experience, and the fan club bashing him to come to Pakistan to get his 2nd shot. Now that shows that don't bother coming to Pakistan, the Naya Pakistan is in progress.
Don't like Pakistan? Get out asap.

sab_tamasha_hai

Minister (2k+ posts)
Yes, it is an idiotic move since he had administered Pfizer. Pakistan has very limited supply of Pfizer and Astrazinica. He should have done some research before coming back and expecting that government will be able to provide that. Nothing to do with Naya aur Porana Pakisatan. Most developing countries have only access to chineese or russian vaccines due to price and availability. Most people i know had a very smooth experience getting Chineese vaccine. So either he is bullshitting or just frusturated because he couldnt his preferred vaccine.

Will_Bite

A major reason why Pakistan has seen hoards of people is because these people were too complacent to get vaccinated in the beginning, when the vaccination centers were practically empty.

Keep the trust

Minister (2k+ posts)
No where in the world countries giving vaccinations to ppl coming on vocations. It’s a stupid move on his side that’s why everyone is bashing him but as usual you are ignorant. Can you please share your experience from your family living and vaccinated in Pak?

FahadBhatti

Situation is much better in sialkot , took me 5 minutes for my first dose and under 15 for the second. Good thing is that people are serious about getting vaccinated.

Siberite

No where in the world countries giving vaccinations to ppl coming on vocations. It’s a stupid move on his side that’s why everyone is bashing him but as usual you are ignorant. Can you please share your experience from your family living and vaccinated in Pak?
Don't make foolish excuses. He is not a visitor to Pakistan. He is a citizen. He has every right to get vaccine as any other citizen of the country. It's your appauling attitude which needs to be changed.

Tit4Tat

Minister (2k+ posts)

don't read too much into what this foreign variant of youthia states, they don't matter, they don't live in Pakistan, they don't suffer what we suffer hence their opinion on local matters is irrelevant

to my guests to this country, i would request not to make any opinion about Pakistan or our state of affairs based on foreign variant of youthia.

there are definitely millions of excellent overseas Pakistanis who may or may not support PTI, but on this website, mostly its the foreign variant. Best way to tell the difference is language, they will defend each and every move of khan sb even if its the biggest u turn.

Tit4Tat

Minister (2k+ posts)
Having arrived in Pakistan last month, I tried my best to get some information about the vaccination center where I could get my (and my wife's) second dose of COVID Pfizer vaccine as we had our first dose in Saudi Arabia.

To my utter disappointment, I found out that :

1. The PTCL (051) numbers given by the government of Pakistan for the information/guidance about COVID Vaccine are not even listed with PTCL. I confirmed it from the PTCL that the numbers are not even listed with them. (horrible)

2. The phone number for F9 Mass Vaccination Center keeps dialing as no one ever picks up the phone. (shocking)

3. Finding no other way out, I along with my family went through a long hectic and painful road travel to get to the F9 Mass Vaccination Center Islamabad.

4. The mismanagement at the F9 MVC was appalling. Thousands were standing (and sweating) in long queues with no hope of being attended by someone.

5. Someone at the desk (an official) told me that there was only one lady to vaccinate the female visitors but that ONLY lady escaped to nowhere leaving her desk unattended.

6. It was complete mayhem. After spending some time in a situation of hope against hope I decided to return to my home without taking vaccine.

To me, it seems PTI government is proving to be much ado about nothing. Most public dealing areas that I have gone through so far on my recent visit to Pakistan are as pathetically managed as they were during the great eras of Nawaz and Zardari. To my sheer disappointment, Imran is proving to be no exception.

As for Asad Omer, he definitely needs a pat on his back for even failing to ensure that the correct and updated information about the availability of vaccine reaches people on time. Phones are dead, numbers are not listed, people are being kept in long queues and IK along with his marvelous team is busy in building NAYA PAKISTAN.

to be honest, it started very smoothly in the beginning, all pre registrations were done using an sms and vaccine was administered efficiently.

but soon as they entered mass drive, i guess all mismanagement started happening.

Siberite

Yes, it is an idiotic move since he had administered Pfizer. Pakistan has very limited supply of Pfizer and Astrazinica. He should have done some research before coming back and expecting that government will be able to provide that. Nothing to do with Naya aur Porana Pakisatan. Most developing countries have only access to chineese or russian vaccines due to price and availability. Most people i know had a very smooth experience getting Chineese vaccine. So either he is bullshitting or just frusturated because he couldnt his preferred vaccine.
Why don't you announce that no one should come to Pakistan and expect to be vaccinated. They should stay abroad since the pathetic admin in Pakistan is too busy fabricating feel good stories. People go everywhere and get vaccinated, for those Pakistani nationals who are returning don't want to be given this bull poo that don't expect Pakistan to give you vaccine. Yes we have these centres but they are got international image building and propaganda. There is only one lady administrating the vaccine and yeah she needs her breaks too. Very pathetic behaviour.