Please replace cricket coaches, Waqar Younis & Younis Khan.

saqibmkhan

MPA (400+ posts)
I have always said that a lot of Pakistani batsmen lack good skills and techniques in any order you put them. Because of lacking techniques, they give away their wickets playing poor and stupid shots. Often, they chase balls offside off stump that should be left alone, and sometimes their footwork is so poor that they get out LBW or caught behind the wicket or in the slips.

A lot of our present fast bowlers have poor control of line and length and just want to bowl 150 KMH and in doing so bowl at least 3-4 short-pitched balls that are easily hit to the ropes. They do not use intelligence on how to dominate and impose their will on the batsman standing on the crease and to get him out. Take for instance Rauf Haris, he wants to bowl every ball at 150 MPH and often misses his length and is hit for more boundaries than other fast bowlers. His semi-circular bowling action at the point of delivery needs attention and our lazy bowling coach, Waqar Younis needs to get up from his big backside to work hard on him to straighten his arm action at the point of delivery. I honestly believe that Rauf has great potential to be a world-class pace bowler with better bowling action.

Then there is Hassanain who runs like a stallion to the wicket with his legs crossing each other and as a result, he loses control of his line and length. Waqar Younis must tell him to keep his leg straight on the ground in his run-up. Our pace and spin bowlers must improve their control of the ball and should plan in advance where to land the bowl and trap the batman facing them. The fact of the matter is that our batting coach, Younis Khan was not a brilliant choice for the job because his batting skills and techniques were never graceful and reliable.

We need pace and spin bowlers who bowl at least three wicket-taking balls in an over and use intelligence in dominating the batsmen. And, our batsmen need to improve their footwork and improve upon their confidence when under stress and pressure. Often, our middle order collapses under pressure, and our batsmen start to wet their pants and start farting. Our fielding and particularly dropping catches need to improve if we want to become the no-1 team in the world.

Last edited:

shafali

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I have always said that a lot of Pakistani batsmen lack good skills and techniques in any order you put them. Because of lacking techniques, they give away their wickets playing poor and stupid shots. Often, they chase balls offside off stump that should be left alone, and sometimes their footwork is so poor that they get out LBW or caught behind the wicket or in the slips.

A lot of our present fast bowlers have poor control of line and length and just want to bowl 150 KMH and in doing so bowl at least 3-4 short-pitched balls that are easily hit to the ropes. They do not use intelligence on how to dominate and impose their will on the batsman standing on the crease and to get him out. Take for instance Rauf Haris, he wants to bowl every ball at 150 MPH and often misses his length and is hit for more boundaries than other fast bowlers. His semi-circular bowling action at the point of delivery needs attention and our lazy bowling coach, Waqar Younis needs to get up from his big backside to work hard on him to straighten his arm action at the point of delivery. I honestly believe that Rauf has great potential to be a world-class pace bowler with better bowling action.

Then there is Hassanain who runs like a stallion to the wicket with his legs crossing each other and as a result, he loses control of his line and length. Waqar Younis must tell him to keep his leg straight on the ground in his run-up. Our pace and spin bowlers must improve their control of the ball and should plan in advance where to land the bowl and trap the batman facing them. The fact of the matter is that our batting coach, Younis Khan was not a brilliant choice for the job because his batting skills and techniques were never graceful and reliable.

We need pace and spin bowlers who bowl at least three wicket-taking balls in an over and use intelligence in dominating the batsmen. And, our batsmen need to improve their footwork and improve upon their confidence when under stress and pressure. Often, our middle order collapses under pressure, and our batsmen start to wet their pants and start farting. Our fielding and particularly dropping catches need to improve if we want to become the no-1 team in the world.

Spot on, couldn't agree more.

mskhan

Minister (2k+ posts)

Why, they are winning series after series, there are no weak teams in t20 cricket, and the team has been climbing up the ranking.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

And you knee jerker lot, please stop bitching about cricket all the time. We just whitewashed south africa, Pakistani batsman became the best in the world, but for you emotional butt hurt knee jerkers that doesn't count for anything, next match they lose one match and you start your bitching and crying.

It's a game, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Sometimes the shittiest teams beat the best and sometimes the best lose to the shittiest.

Learn something about sportsmanship and stop crying like little girls all the time. ? ? ? ? ? ?

I already predicting your rundi rona here in this thread

socrates khan

Councller (250+ posts)
وقار یونس کو جاب ملنے کی بڑی وجہ اسکی عمران خان کی ڈیجیٹل مدح سرائی ہے۔۔ اور مصباح کی تعیناتی میں نیازی قبیلے کا جنیٹک فیبرک شامل ہے۔۔ ورنہ اگر غیر جانبداری سے ان دونوں کو ریکروٹ کیا جائے تو مصباح کو نیازی اڈے پر کلرک ہونا چاہئے اوروقار یونس کو کسی پرنوگرافیک فرم کا سیلزمین۔۔۔

Omar.

MPA (400+ posts)
I wonder how many advisors to the PCB on this thread have experience playing international cricket. Btw watching it on TV doesn’t count.

saqibmkhan

MPA (400+ posts)
And you knee jerker lot, please stop bitching about cricket all the time. We just whitewashed south africa, Pakistani batsman became the best in the world, but for you emotional butt hurt knee jerkers that doesn't count for anything, next match they lose one match and you start your bitching and crying.

It's a game, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Sometimes the shittiest teams beat the best and sometimes the best lose to the shittiest.

Learn something about sportsmanship and stop crying like little girls all the time. ? ? ? ? ? ?

You appear to very uncivil, unethical, and highly emotional who has not got the stomach to digest constructive criticism. I am a very loyal fan of our team for many decades and can not bear seeing them losing any match though I know it is just a game, " Some you win and some you lose," but I want them to win every time. I just pointed out some of the flaws that I find inherent in our bowlers and batsmen and there is no harm in pointing them out to management to attend. I love cricket and have played at club level and can read the scientific and technical aspects of the game, and was not knee-jerking when addressing the basic technical flaws of some of the players for their good and of our team.

Please in the future, try to be civil when replying to my post or do not bother.

Tit4Tat

Minister (2k+ posts)

Pakistan has some major holes in her armour, SA team was at half strength and performance against Zim showed our weaknesses. Apart from top 3, we do not have much firepower and in T20, you need depth. Even in bowling, other than shaheen and hasan, we are lacking strength.

Waqar younis and misbah should have been replaced but not wc is just around the corner, i don't know how will they build middle order.

RealPeople

Minister (2k+ posts)

Totally agree!

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
You appear to highly emotional
Looks whos talking

and can not bear seeing them losing any match
Then stop watching and following cricket

I want them to win every time.
Only children and snowflakes have such unrealistic expectations

have played at club level and can read the scientific and technical aspects of the game
Nobody gives a shit, there are a million times better minds, players and athletes for them to consult.

there is no harm in pointing them out to management to attend
Believe they have better things to do than to read some butt hurt fanbois ranting on a political forum.

was not knee-jerking
Errr... yes you were.

was not knee-jerking when addressing the basic technical flaws of some of the players for their good and of our team.
Once again, they have better things to do and a million times better minds, players, athletes and managers for them to consult.

Your post is what is called a rant, and its getting lame.

Please in the future, try to be civil when replying to my post or do not bother.
I'll do whatever I please to do i.e call a spade a spade. Crying like a little butt hurt girl, crying like a little butt hurt girl

Waqar_H

Senator (1k+ posts)
They just won in south africa lol
Can it be due to the absence of star players in South African team, who left for ipl at the beginning of the series?

Winning against a South African B-team and Zimbabwe aren’t necessarily indicative of how great our team is. These flaws highlighted by the op do need to get addressed, otherwise we will again get humiliated against any half decent team.

Spartacus

Spartacus lives in your future !!!!

After Misbah-ul-Haq appointed as Head coach and Waqar Younis appointed bowling coach of Pakistan Cricket Team .
I do not find any other first thoughts in my mind about the future of Pakistani Cricket Team other than " Pakistan Cricket Team --- RIP "
Dear Imran Khan , your such stupid actions would destroy CRICKET of Pakistan completely.

https://twitter.com/x/status/1170777787982131200

Shahid Abassi

فاسٹ بالرز بارے آپ کا تجزیہ اور وقار یونس کے رول بارے آپ کی بات میں ایک بنیادی خامی ہے۔
میرے خیال میں حسنین، حارث رؤف، قادر، شاہین شاہ آفریدی میں سے صرف ایک باؤلر ہی کی ٹیم میں جگہ بنتی ہے سب کی نہی۔ آپ دنیا کی ساری قومی ٹیمیں دیکھ لیں آپ کو صرف ایک یا پھر زیادہ سے زیادہ دو باؤلر ملیں گے جنہیں بیٹنگ نہی آتی۔ آپ چار ایسے باؤلرز کو کھلا ہی نہی سکتے جو دو دو گیندوں کی مار ہوں۔ سب لوگ آصف علی اور حیدر علی پر تنقید کر رہے ہیں، جو بلکل صحیح بھی ہے لیکن اصل مسئلہ یہ دو کھلاڑی ہی نہی تھے بلکہ فہیم اشرف، محمد نواز، قادر، حارث رؤف، شاہین شاہ اور حسنین پر مشتمل ایک لمبی ٹیل سب سے بڑا مسئلہ بنی ہوئی ہے یہ چھ کھلاڑی مل ملا کر بیس پچیس رنز بناتے ہیں۔ ایسی ٹیم جس کی ٹیل اتنی لمبی ہو وہ کبھی بھی نہی جیت سکتی۔
چلیں آپ دو سپیشلسٹ بالر کھلا لیں لیکن باقی چار بالر عمد بٹ، وہاب، حسن علی، شاداب، عماد وسیم، نعمان علی اور محمد وسیم جونئیر میں سے چننا ہونگےجو کہ بوقت ضرورت بیس پچیس رنز بنا سکتے ہوں۔ یا یہ کہیں کہ تین ان میں سے اور ایک ایسا بیٹسمین جو دو اوور کروا سکے جیسے شعیب ملک وغیرہ۔
ورلڈ کپ انڈٰیا میں ہوگا تو آپ کو تین فاسٹ باؤلر اور تین سپنر کھلانے پڑیں گے۔ اس کے لئے بھی آپ کو شاداب اور عماد کے علاوہ ایک اچھا سپنر بیٹسمین چاہئیے۔ انہیں چاہیئے تھا ساجد خان اور نعمان علی کو ٹرائی کرتے کہ دونوں ہی کسی حد تک بیٹنگ کر لیتے ہیں اور دونوں وکٹ ٹیکنگ باؤلر ہیں۔ نعمان نے تو ساؤتھ افریقہ کے خلاف ٹیسٹ میں پینتالیس بھی کئے تھے جس میں دو اچھے چھکے بھی لگائے اس کے علاوہ ان دو ٹیسٹس میں اس کے دس چوکے بھی ہیں۔ لیکن لگتا ہے کرکٹ میں بھی شوگر مافیا کی طرح ایک مافیا کام کر رہا ہے۔ جہاں ایسے پلئیرز کو بار بار کھلایا جا رہا ہے جو نہ تو کبھی فرسٹ کلاس کھیلے ہیں اور نہ ان کی اچھی پرفارمنسز ہیں۔
بحرحال میرے خیال میں عمد بٹ پر کام کیا جانا چاہئیے تھا کہ وہ حسن علی کی طرح ایک ہی اوور میں دو چار چھکے لگانے کی اہلیت رکھتا ہے۔ اور ورلڈ کپ کو سامنے رکھتے ہوئے نعمان علی کو چانس دیا جانا چاہیئے تھا۔

Young_Blood

Minister (2k+ posts)
You are right brother, k coaches change honey chahiay, but aaj ka sab se bara sawaal hai k kya aap k paas aik b middle order batsman hai jo aap ko mtach jitwa sakey? answer is no..
Haider ali is hard hitter wo apni natural game khailta hai, asif ali is hard hitter wo b apni natural game khailta hai, magar in dono players mein cricketing sense he nahi, bus mind bnaa lia k next ball ko ab boudry k paar pohanchana hai ab wo ball jesi b hai inho ne bus apne mind k mutabiq he ussey shot lagani hai, jis ke waja se yr totally fail ho rahe hein,
jab aap ko maloom hai k aap k paas middle order nahi to aap sharjeel aur fakhar se opening kerwaein, babar one down, rizwan 2 down, m-hafeez 3 down,, no 6 per aap ko aik hard hitter chahiay jo k pakistan k paas nahi, ya to azam khan per kaam karein, ya Hassan Ali per..
na shadab khan batting ker sakta hai, na mohamamd nawaz aur na faheem ashraf,, mein inhein all rounder maanta he nahi.. in se Imad waseem bohat behtar batsman hai..
Ammad But ko aap ne select keeya magar chance nahi dia, ya phir Umar Akmal ko wapis le k aaein, wo jesa b hai magar middle order mein in sab se acha khailta hai,, bus wo insan bun jaey,,,

Hussain1967

niazi connection
100% correct. This man was give three jobs ( Head Coach, Batting Coach, and Chief Selector) because of that connection. But, when he made mess during first year, PCB finally sought permission from PM to remove him from two posts. Aap iss thread starter ki party baazi check karo keh Waqar aur Younis ki chhutti karwa raha hai lekin Misbah ko bhool gia hai. Agar chutti karwaani hai to teenon ki karwao.

My prediction is that Misbah Niazi will remain coach of Pakistani team till the end of PTI government.