Powered by nothing but air, Tata unleashes the Airpod

biomat

Minister (2k+ posts)
[h=2]Powered by nothing but air, Tata unleashes the Airpod[/h]

Fossil fuels are quickly losing favor amongst users with the world slowly though surely turning towards cleaner energy sources. Indian car manufacturer Tata, known for successfully developing and mass-producing the worlds cheapest car is now working on a revolutionary propulsion system that uses nothing but air to power up! Called the AirPod, this three-seat car uses compressed air and is capable of drawing in air from the surroundings to keep it going! Sporting a tank with compressed air stored for use, the AirPod also features a secondary electric motor to suck in air from outside and is capable of touching speeds of 43 miles per hour, using regenerative breaking to its advantage. Also, this one might not score a lot on looks, but the very fact that it powers up with nothing but air could turn it into a huge success!

Rommel

Senator (1k+ posts)
پہلے نینو

nanoflames.jpg

اب ایک اور نیا تماشا

oscar

Minister (2k+ posts)
یہ بھی آغا وقار ٹائپ بکواس ہے۔
کمپریسڈ ایئر سے گاڑی چلانا ایک صدی سے ذیادہ پرانا آئیڈیا ہے۔ اور اس میں بھی پانی، یا بیٹری کی طرح اصل طاقت کوئلے، تیل یا ھائڈل بجلی کی استعمال ہو گی، جو کہ کمپریسر کو چلانے کے لئے چاہئے۔ اس عمل میں پٹرول انجن سے 2 سے 3 گنا ذیادہ توانائی استعمال ہو گی۔

انڈیا نے ثابت کر دیا ہے، کہ وہ بھی آغا وقاروں میں خود کفیل ہے۔

mrk123

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It was developed by a father and son team in Nice, France. It may have been picked up by the Tata group based on its potential.

Here is a piece on it from CNN.

Ali raza babar

کمپریسڈ ایئر سے گاڑی چلانا ایک صدی سے ذیادہ پرانا آئیڈیا ہے۔ اور اس میں بھی پانی، یا بیٹری کی طرح اصل طاقت کوئلے، تیل یا ھائڈل بجلی کی استعمال ہو گی، جو کہ کمپریسر کو چلانے کے لئے چاہئے۔ اس عمل میں پٹرول انجن سے 2 سے 3 گنا ذیادہ توانائی استعمال ہو گی۔

And whats your Degree in motor Mechanics Please ? Would you bother to tell ?

Karwa_Karela

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
And whats your Degree in motor Mechanics Please ? Would you bother to tell ?

yaar aap nay Agha Waqar say us ki qualification poochi thi kay aik masoom member [MENTION=7922]oscar[/MENTION] say us ki degree maang rahay ho, My view is that he may have done at least matric in common sense, which is enough for the evaluation of such inventions, [hilar]

Ali raza babar

yaar aap nay Agha Waqar say us ki qualification poochi thi kay aik masoom member @oscar say us ki degree maang rahay ho, My view is that he may have done at least matric in common sense, which is enough for the evaluation of such inventions, [hilar]

Look ! I dont Defend any Agha Waqar or something . I only Defend a Free brain . I hope you understand . Each and every Person without a single hint of Knowledge was criticizing Agha waqar and they always do criticize without any thing in their mind . Air Run car is a reality now . And its designed by Ex Formula 1 Car Designer . So my advice is that please dont Stick your nose in to something that you dont have any idea of .

awan4ever

Producing electricity from hydel sources is very cheap and from wind turbines is even cheaper. Europe is converting to renewable energy at a fast pace and Germany is planning to convert fully by 2050. They are already the largest producers of solar energy.

Compressed air in a tank is used to run the car and there is nothing flawed about the theory or the practical application of the system. It just has its limitations and this guy has worked out a sufficiently efficient car that can run on compressed air.

There is no parallel between this and Agha Waqar and the only reason people are making fun of this is because of the TATA india link.

In reality this is French Technology bought out by TATA.

Karwa_Karela

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Look ! I dont Defend any Agha Waqar or something . I only Defend a Free brain . I hope you understand . Each and every Person without a single hint of Knowledge was criticizing Agha waqar and they always do criticize without any thing in their mind . Air Run car is a reality now . And its designed by Ex Formula 1 Car Designer . So my advice is that please dont Stick your nose in to something that you dont have any idea of .

i am sick and tired of my hybrid prius when it comes to tackling the roads of Pakistan, especially when its all dug up in the name of development, and look at this thing??? it may be very good as prtotypes, and in experimental drives, but let me sit in it and see how far it takes me on Paksiatni roads,

P.S. we were not wrong in rediculing Agha G, and let me assure you, we wont be wronbg this time, its not the experiment, its when i sit in it and hit the road.

ryzvonusef

MPA (400+ posts)
Different from Agha Waqar

This is different from the Agha Waqar drama, but it's not the complete story also.

You see, you take an air tank, and fill with air with VERY high pressure, at a station (just like CNG, but CNG pressure is not *that* high). Now when you release that air, the pressure will rotate the relevant engine parts, and make the car go. They are using the air for *pressure*, not as fuel, like agha waqar is scamming us, pretending to use water as fuel.

Till there the science is okay, no fake science, just like water pressure can make electricity in a dam. (not exact analogy, but you get the idea)

The problem is, the tank. The air needs to be at VERY high pressure, and that's dangerous. Even a small leakage problem could blow up the car. We are already pushing it with CNG, but still, at least tanks for CNG are mostly okay, and as long as we keep pressure at the regulated ~200bar, and used approved tanks, there are no problems

(I have only heard of one incident with CNG tank in Pakistan, and that was early on. Thankfully people have learnt their lesson and not trying to mess this up)

Other problems include running the station, (How do you fill the main tank of the station) in a safe (bigger tank blows, Station could flatten) and economical way (it's costly to get that HIGH pressure, this not your small cycle tube filling station, what if it costs more electricity to fill the damn tank, then to just use petrol in the car)? And transferring the high pressure air from station to tank, from station to car in a safe way (which will take more time than filling CNG tank).

Also, I have heard the range is not good, (either you have to increase the pressure *even* more, or you have to use much bigger tanks; also, the weight makes it heavy) but if you have a lot of Air stations, and your daily commute is not that big, I guess it could work.

The problems with the tanks is also why Hydrogen cars fail to come to market, you need high pressure tanks like ~700 bars. Now not only is the high pressure alone sufficient to blow up the car if it fails, but it can also burn and make the explosion worse. Also, unlike air, which you can just get on the spot, Hydrogen must be made and transported, which is another headache.

If they can figure out how to make tanks *safe*, then things will improve, but people in the west don't like 700 bar tanks in the cars, infact they don't even like 200 bar CNG tanks, which why CNG is not *that* popular there, they are afraid of tanks blowing up!

This a simple story, and there are a lot of other aspects of course (energy density of fuel, and what not), but tanks are an issue to. If TATA can fix that, (not sure though, see the burning nano pic above) then they can succeed in dense cities with small commutes.

Last edited:

oscar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Producing electricity from hydel sources is very cheap and from wind turbines is even cheaper. Europe is converting to renewable energy at a fast pace and Germany is planning to convert fully by 2050. They are already the largest producers of solar energy.

Compressed air in a tank is used to run the car and there is nothing flawed about the theory or the practical application of the system. It just has its limitations and this guy has worked out a sufficiently efficient car that can run on compressed air.

There is no parallel between this and Agha Waqar and the only reason people are making fun of this is because of the TATA india link.

In reality this is French Technology bought out by TATA.

Agha waqar's design was several times better than this. cuz Hydrogen's energy density and power output is much much better than compressed air.

and yes, he can use hydel or wind energy to produce hydrogen too.

Last edited:

awan4ever

Agha waqar's design was several times better than this. cuz Hydrogen's energy density and power output is much much better than compressed air.

and yes, he can use hydel or wind energy to produce hydrogen too.

Agha Waqars design was a hoax which has been going around for a long time.

I believe in the sanctity of the laws of physics which have helped put man on Mars as opposed to crap science of an unemployed mechanic who cant understand how the law of conservation of energy works yet is adamant that his theory is abiding by that law.