Powered by nothing but air, Tata unleashes the Airpod

oscar

Minister (2k+ posts)
Agha Waqars design was a hoax which has been going around for a long time.

I believe in the sanctity of the laws of physics which have helped put man on Mars as opposed to crap science of an unemployed mechanic who cant understand how the law of conservation of energy works yet is adamant that his theory is abiding by that law.

yeah it was a scam, but had better efficiency, performance and endurance than Tata's compressed air car.

Unicorn

Banned
Re: Different from Agha Waqar

This is different from the Agha Waqar drama, but it's not the complete story also.

You see, you take an air tank, and fill with air with VERY high pressure, at a station (just like CNG, but CNG pressure is not *that* high). Now when you release that air, the pressure will rotate the relevant engine parts, and make the car go. They are using the air for *pressure*, not as fuel, like agha waqar is scamming us, pretending to use water as fuel.

Till there the science is okay, no fake science, just like water pressure can make electricity in a dam. (not exact analogy, but you get the idea)

The problem is, the tank. The air needs to be at VERY high pressure, and that's dangerous. Even a small leakage problem could blow up the car. We are already pushing it with CNG, but still, at least tanks for CNG are mostly okay, and as long as we keep pressure at the regulated ~200bar, and used approved tanks, there are no problems

(I have only heard of one incident with CNG tank in Pakistan, and that was early on. Thankfully people have learnt their lesson and not trying to mess this up)

Other problems include running the station, (How do you fill the main tank of the station) in a safe (bigger tank blows, Station could flatten) and economical way (it's costly to get that HIGH pressure, this not your small cycle tube filling station, what if it costs more electricity to fill the damn tank, then to just use petrol in the car)? And transferring the high pressure air from station to tank, from station to car in a safe way (which will take more time than filling CNG tank).

Also, I have heard the range is not good, (either you have to increase the pressure *even* more, or you have to use much bigger tanks; also, the weight makes it heavy) but if you have a lot of Air stations, and your daily commute is not that big, I guess it could work.

The problems with the tanks is also why Hydrogen cars fail to come to market, you need high pressure tanks like ~700 bars. Now not only is the high pressure alone sufficient to blow up the car if it fails, but it can also burn and make the explosion worse. Also, unlike air, which you can just get on the spot, Hydrogen must be made and transported, which is another headache.

If they can figure out how to make tanks *safe*, then things will improve, but people in the west don't like 700 bar tanks in the cars, infact they don't even like 200 bar CNG tanks, which why CNG is not *that* popular there, they are afraid of tanks blowing up!

This a simple story, and there are a lot of other aspects of course (energy density of fuel, and what not), but tanks are an issue to. If TATA can fix that, (not sure though, see the burning nano pic above) then they can succeed in dense cities with small commutes.

You are absolutely correct. Also the weight of the tank is a big overhead. It is good to experiment but I don't think that fossil fuel will be replaced anytime sooner.

oscar

Minister (2k+ posts)
You do know you are contradicting yourself right?

A scam means claims are 'untrue'.

his claim of lack of need of exernal power was untrue.
similarly claim of "powered by nothing but air" is untrue.

but water as a carrier of energy is better than air.

Last edited:

awan4ever

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Agha Waqar did not 'discover' the use of Hydrogen as fuel neither did he discover spearating hydrogen from water. He just presented crap science. He shouldnt even be discussed!

This car is run by compressed air alone. How the compressed air is compressed is a different debate.

zeshaan

Agar DRONE kee bombari bardasht kar saktay hoo too AGHA waqar kee iss koshish koo bhee bardashat karo.

Kia mojuda car kee shakal shuroo main aisee hee thee jaisay aaj hay,Mojudaa shakal main car koo aanay main kitnay saal lagay?
Aghaa waqar nay aik masalay kaa hall bataya hay,Bajaay iskay keh uskee hosela afzaaiee kee jaay usko puri dunya main mazaq banwaa kar rakh dia hay aap logoon nain.
Tumm logg tarqee yafta qoomoonmain shamil naheen hoo balkeh tarqeepazeer mulkoon main bhee shamil naheen hoo,
AGAR TARAQEE KEE HAY TOO SIRF RISHWAT KHORI MAIN<AQARBAA PARWAREE MAIN<HAKOOMATEE ASASAY BAICHANAY MAIN<QARZAY LAY KAR MUAAF KARWANAY MAIN TOO ISS MULK KEE KOI MISAAL HEE NAHEEN JISS MULK KAA SADAR RISHWAT KHORI<QARZAA KHORI ASASAY BAICHANAY MAIN<AOOR DOONOON HATHOON SAY MULKI DOOLAT LUTANAY MAIN MASROOF HOO,.AIK SAY AIK BARAA RISHWAT KHOR MILLAY GAA AAPKOO ISS MULK MAIN,

Logoon koo chahiay thaa keh kisi ijad kee agar apnay mulk main REFURBISHING hoo raheehay too uss insaan kee uss mehnat koo Appriciate karnaa chahiay thaa naa keh uskee dill shikani.
Yeh baray baray joo mufakkar baithay hain iss mulk main,zara unkoo iss dunyaa main apni aamid koo yaad rakhnaa chahiay keh woh kiaa thay?

jee_nee_us

All the energy will be used in sucking the air in and then running the compressor , it is a hybrid car yaar.

awan4ever

Agar DRONE kee bombari bardasht kar saktay hoo too AGHA waqar kee iss koshish koo bhee bardashat karo.

Kia mojuda car kee shakal shuroo main aisee hee thee jaisay aaj hay,Mojudaa shakal main car koo aanay main kitnay saal lagay?
Aghaa waqar nay aik masalay kaa hall bataya hay,Bajaay iskay keh uskee hosela afzaaiee kee jaay usko puri dunya main mazaq banwaa kar rakh dia hay aap logoon nain.
Tumm logg tarqee yafta qoomoonmain shamil naheen hoo balkeh tarqeepazeer mulkoon main bhee shamil naheen hoo,
AGAR TARAQEE KEE HAY TOO SIRF RISHWAT KHORI MAIN<AQARBAA PARWAREE MAIN<HAKOOMATEE ASASAY BAICHANAY MAIN<QARZAY LAY KAR MUAAF KARWANAY MAIN TOO ISS MULK KEE KOI MISAAL HEE NAHEEN JISS MULK KAA SADAR RISHWAT KHORI<QARZAA KHORI ASASAY BAICHANAY MAIN<AOOR DOONOON HATHOON SAY MULKI DOOLAT LUTANAY MAIN MASROOF HOO,.AIK SAY AIK BARAA RISHWAT KHOR MILLAY GAA AAPKOO ISS MULK MAIN,

Logoon koo chahiay thaa keh kisi ijad kee agar apnay mulk main REFURBISHING hoo raheehay too uss insaan kee uss mehnat koo Appriciate karnaa chahiay thaa naa keh uskee dill shikani.
Yeh baray baray joo mufakkar baithay hain iss mulk main,zara unkoo iss dunyaa main apni aamid koo yaad rakhnaa chahiay keh woh kiaa thay?

Wah wah. kia khoob amreeka kay drone hamlon aur agha waqar kay science aur aqal per hamlon mein mumasilat nikaali hay!

Boht umda!

Ager kal mein khotay say khenchnay wali rehri ko ye keh ker market kerna shuru ker doon keh ye fuel-free car hay tu kia usko bhe qabool ker lena chaheyae as a legitimate break thorough in science?

What Agha Waqar is claiming is false and fraudulent. Not only does it not obey the laws of physics, but he has failed to get his work technically and officially vetted by a proper technical body. He is a show man going around the TV and social media circuit and making a fool out of the gullible Pakistani public.

modern.fakir

[hilar][hilar] ...atleast agha waqar used water [MENTION=13871]Unicorn[/MENTION] ...whats it with you guys ..if its not Urine, **** then its a FART CAR technology ....hahahahahahahahah[hilar][hilar]

Mnk25

Siasat.pk - Blogger
Jo log Tata company ka mazaaq ura rahay hain unko shayad Tata company ka pata nai. Tata company ki worth $76.76 billion hai, Pakistani rupees mai jisko convert kia jayay tou yeh 7144000000000 Pakistani rupees banta hai. Mjhe nai pata k Tata company ki official statement aayi hai ya nai, laikan agar unki official statement aayi hai tou kuch sooch kar hi aayi hogi.

Jo log Agha waqar fraudiyay ko Tata motors se compare kar rahay hain woh nadaan hain. Tata company nay yeh nai kehna k humay sponsor karo aur hum yeh gari nikalay ge. Unkay paas apna itna paisa hai k woh khud manufacture kare is gari ko. Aur agar woh na karsake, tou unki company ko bahut nuqsaan hoga isliyay woh kabhi aisi statement nai de ge jiski wajahse unki company ka naam kharaab ho.

mrk123

i am sick and tired of my hybrid prius when it comes to tackling the roads of Pakistan, especially when its all dug up in the name of development, and look at this thing??? it may be very good as prtotypes, and in experimental drives, but let me sit in it and see how far it takes me on Paksiatni roads,

P.S. we were not wrong in rediculing Agha G, and let me assure you, we wont be wronbg this time, its not the experiment, its when i sit in it and hit the road.

People made fun of Agha waqar since his experiment didnt stand up to scrutiny and his assertion that "he doesnt care much about theory"

This is also an experiment which is being scrutinized and if it stands up to tests for technical and economic feasibiliy and viability then it will be cosidered successful.

It may not look very splashy but if it meets the disired goal of very little to zero emission then it will be considered a success. It may not look glamorous andwould not be suitable for pakistani market but it surely wud be an attractive for some in small towns of europe where streets are narrow but easily pliable.

mrk123

yeah it was a scam, but had better efficiency, performance and endurance than Tata's compressed air car.

Really? I thought that the leading and eminent scientists shot down his claims of at least efficiency and feasibility and economics.

mrk123

Agha waqar's design was several times better than this. cuz Hydrogen's energy density and power output is much much better than compressed air.

and yes, he can use hydel or wind energy to produce hydrogen too.

If his design was better than I am sure that pretty soon Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Kia, Hyundai or some Chinese manufacturers are lined up outside his home to buy the rights to his amazing technology.

mrk123

I don't think that they claimed that they are only powered by air. I think the difference between this and Agha Waqar''s contraption was that he claimed (contrary to the laws of physics and thermodynamics) that he has solved our energy problems by 'just using hydrogen as a power source'

On the other hand these guys iterated their goal was to build a car with minimum to zero emission. Thats their goal - I am not sure that they claimed that they have built a fuel efficient car. The goals or the claims are completely different.

oscar

Minister (2k+ posts)
I don't think that they claimed that they are only powered by air. I think the difference between this and Agha Waqar''s contraption was that he claimed (contrary to the laws of physics and thermodynamics) that he has solved our energy problems by 'just using hydrogen as a power source'

On the other hand these guys iterated their goal was to build a car with minimum to zero emission. Thats their goal - I am not sure that they claimed that they have built a fuel efficient car. The goals or the claims are completely different.

News title of this Car is equally misleading.
"Powered by nothing but Air"