Powered by nothing but air, Tata unleashes the Airpod

Unicorn

Banned
[hilar][hilar] ...atleast agha waqar used water @Unicorn ...whats it with you guys ..if its not Urine, **** then its a FART CAR technology ....hahahahahahahahah[hilar][hilar]

I am so sad, :(this car is irreverent now scientist Aqua Waqaar has already beat us with his dream water kit[hilar][hilar].

Another high school Pakistani kid beat us with his discovery of " Tea bag water cleaning kit" that will remove VIRUSES from the water[hilar][hilar]. He got a scholarship of $250,000 for research from stunned US university[hilar][hilar].

I am investing all my money in Tea stocks and saving my used Tea bags I am going to be RICH[hilar][hilar][hilar].

modern.fakir

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
This FART car will be truly revolutionary for flushing technology ....Maybe you can make an underwear with this technology pre-installed, so blow away the "s.h.i.t." But joghini @Unicorn ...you can have this installed on your "throne" .after you have it "SHOPLIFTED"..hahahahaha [hilar][hilar]
I am so sad, :(this car is irreverent now scientist Aqua Waqaar has already beat us with his dream water kit[hilar][hilar].

Another high school Pakistani kid beat us with his discovery of " Tea bag water cleaning kit" that will remove VIRUSES from the water[hilar][hilar]. He got a scholarship of $250,000 for research from stunned US university[hilar][hilar].

I am investing all my money in Tea stocks and saving my used Tea bags I am going to be RICH[hilar][hilar][hilar].

Last edited:

modern.fakir

I would although rename this to the "Airpotty" ...hahahahahahaha [hilar][hilar][hilar]

Tata's new "Airpotty : When s.h.i.t HITS the Fan" ![hilar][hilar][hilar][hilar]

Karwa_Karela

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
People made fun of Agha waqar since his experiment didnt stand up to scrutiny and his assertion that "he doesnt care much about theory"

This is also an experiment which is being scrutinized and if it stands up to tests for technical and economic feasibiliy and viability then it will be cosidered successful.

It may not look very splashy but if it meets the disired goal of very little to zero emission then it will be considered a success. It may not look glamorous andwould not be suitable for pakistani market but it surely wud be an attractive for some in small towns of europe where streets are narrow but easily pliable.

you summed it up pretty nicely, :)

Karwa_Karela

"beat us" ?? i hope you are not claiming that you ppl made that car??? last thing i checked it was made by french?? or is it inspiration???

Unicorn

Banned
This FART car will be truly revolutionary for flushing technology ....Maybe you can make an underwear with this technology pre-installed, so blow away the "s.h.i.t." But joghini @Unicorn ...you can have this installed on your "throne" .after you have it "SHOPLIFTED"..hahahahaha [hilar][hilar]

There we go after all you found it useful for 33 percent of your populations only needs your expertise in math[hilar][hilar][hilar]

Karwa_Karela

We bough the technology and wasted it got beat by the Water kit

and what a master piece you have bought. we are so jealous. Kindly keep it somewhere safe, last time we sent a SMS it caused major evacuation in several cities. This time we gona send a MMS, and when the whole country evacuates, we gona get this car.

Unicorn

Banned
and what a master piece you have bought. we are so jealous. Kindly keep it somewhere safe, last time we sent a SMS it caused major evacuation in several cities. This time we gona send a MMS, and when the whole country evacuates, we gona get this car.

I have already conceded defeat to Aqua Waqaar water fueled dream kit what more do you want?

GeoG

Re: Different from Agha Waqar

This is different from the Agha Waqar drama, but it's not the complete story also.

You see, you take an air tank, and fill with air with VERY high pressure, at a station (just like CNG, but CNG pressure is not *that* high). Now when you release that air, the pressure will rotate the relevant engine parts, and make the car go. They are using the air for *pressure*, not as fuel, like agha waqar is scamming us, pretending to use water as fuel.

Till there the science is okay, no fake science, just like water pressure can make electricity in a dam. (not exact analogy, but you get the idea)

The problem is, the tank. The air needs to be at VERY high pressure, and that's dangerous. Even a small leakage problem could blow up the car. We are already pushing it with CNG, but still, at least tanks for CNG are mostly okay, and as long as we keep pressure at the regulated ~200bar, and used approved tanks, there are no problems

(I have only heard of one incident with CNG tank in Pakistan, and that was early on. Thankfully people have learnt their lesson and not trying to mess this up)

Other problems include running the station, (How do you fill the main tank of the station) in a safe (bigger tank blows, Station could flatten) and economical way (it's costly to get that HIGH pressure, this not your small cycle tube filling station, what if it costs more electricity to fill the damn tank, then to just use petrol in the car)? And transferring the high pressure air from station to tank, from station to car in a safe way (which will take more time than filling CNG tank).

Also, I have heard the range is not good, (either you have to increase the pressure *even* more, or you have to use much bigger tanks; also, the weight makes it heavy) but if you have a lot of Air stations, and your daily commute is not that big, I guess it could work.

The problems with the tanks is also why Hydrogen cars fail to come to market, you need high pressure tanks like ~700 bars. Now not only is the high pressure alone sufficient to blow up the car if it fails, but it can also burn and make the explosion worse. Also, unlike air, which you can just get on the spot, Hydrogen must be made and transported, which is another headache.

If they can figure out how to make tanks *safe*, then things will improve, but people in the west don't like 700 bar tanks in the cars, infact they don't even like 200 bar CNG tanks, which why CNG is not *that* popular there, they are afraid of tanks blowing up!

This a simple story, and there are a lot of other aspects of course (energy density of fuel, and what not), but tanks are an issue to. If TATA can fix that, (not sure though, see the burning nano pic above) then they can succeed in dense cities with small commutes.

Great Post, but if I may point out that..

Bosch is producing 800 bars common rail injection systems now and Delphi has plans for upto 1200 bars for Mercedes Trucks.
conclusion: they have resources to couple the generation to exaust using common rail and Bosch would not bring anything in the market which is dangeous.

Why can't they copy from Bosch module, even 30 percent more weight allowance for heavy compressed air will still keep it under weight limit to achieve a favorable cost benefit ratio.

ryzvonusef

MPA (400+ posts)
Re: Different from Agha Waqar

Great Post, but if I may point out that..

Bosch is producing 800 bars common rail injection systems now and Delphi has plans for upto 1200 bars for Mercedes Trucks.
conclusion: they have resources to couple the generation to exaust using common rail and Bosch would not bring anything in the market which is dangeous.

Why can't they copy from Bosch module, even 30 percent more weight allowance for heavy compressed air will still keep it under weight limit to achieve a favorable cost benefit ratio.

Good point. But as I have said, perception is a big matter. People in the west are afraid of big tanks, I some time visit forums and people are surprised when they hear I run around in CNG car and am not afraid of the tank blowing up!

I don't know why the west is so afraid of gas tanks...

But thank you for pointing out the advances in technology. Germany is a frontrunner on this scene.

----

On a second note, I have found this website: http://www.aircars.tk/

They claim the air is filled at 250-300 bar which is not that bad, compared to CNG tanks.

As for the additional fuel, it is because of Charles law (air heats up when compressed, and cools down when decompressed) This why CNG stations advertise "COLD CNG" (so as to assure that the hot compressed CNG has cooled down to normal temp) and why this engine needs the extra fuel: because when the air is released from the tank, it cools down so much it can freeze the engine!

Please visit the link they have a lot of detail, of how the engine works etc. If it is as the website claims, then I am hopeful for this technology, because we are not afraid of gas tanks :P

*EDIT*: Another website I found: http://www.cyber-media.com/aircar/index.shtml

Ali raza babar

i am sick and tired of my hybrid prius when it comes to tackling the roads of Pakistan, especially when its all dug up in the name of development, and look at this thing??? it may be very good as prtotypes, and in experimental drives, but let me sit in it and see how far it takes me on Paksiatni roads,

P.S. we were not wrong in rediculing Agha G, and let me assure you, we wont be wronbg this time, its not the experiment, its when i sit in it and hit the road.
Then rather than commenting on a forum you should go and ride it .

Unicorn

Banned
Bullshit.
This car and its prortotype were developed by a french company and not tata.

It is bought by TATA from the French(yapping)(yapping)

Like I have applied a dealership license for Aqua Waqaar water powered dream kit.[hilar][hilar]

Pk_Qatar

MPA (400+ posts)
Car running on Air - Technology seems real

Recently, Electric cars have caught the eye of manufacturers and investors who have started working towards this technology more aggressively. The drawback, currently, is that electric cars are too costly. But now comes a technology that might just change all that. A little car known as Airpod is the first commercial project of this technology; technology that runs the car on compressed air! Which means there will be zero percent emission level. And yes, it is cheap.

Read more: http://realitypod.com/2012/09/the-tiny-car-that-runs-on-air/#ixzz25hjmp49F

barca

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Re: Car running on Air - Technology seems real

549552_523352817681201_1965615764_n.jpg