PSX in last years returns are -48%, where as Argentina has 20% improvement.

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)

https://twitter.com/x/status/1424989202555547666
https://twitter.com/x/status/1425084918850363396

I am saying again and again devaluation will not only lead to inflation but also it will lead to foreign investor pulling out their money like PSX is witnessing.

Why Devaluation is happening?

It is because we have BOP crisis and we do not have dollar to pour in to control CAD ,therefore, the demand is high for dollars and food prices, services prices are also rising.

Therefore, it will not help the country to spend more dollar to counter CAD and let currency gets more week and even local investor also sells PKR to buy dollar.

I always say growth is not a option for Pakistan for at least 4 years because currency is not state to deliver the goods and even export has not raised but devaluation to control CAD ,where the purpose devaluation will be gone country get another 8 billion dollar CAD in this FY 2022.

Where we will get this 8 billion from if we do not want agree to IMF and where we will get 14.5 billion dollar debt to pay if we want to go in our own way?

I am telling you PTI is in a panic and they should have not have given guarantee to IMF for increasing the electricity price ,which has the sign of PM and FM. We do not honor our PM sign than who will trust us?

My suggesition. Stop imports.

1) Only import food items, Energy, export good support, machinery support, LSM support. All this make only 4 billion import. It means that we are wasting 1.5 billion to 2 billion a month. Stop it and save dollars. It will help in long run

We cannot go for growth until our Reserve reaches to 50 billion dollar, which will make it a more than a 12 month import. That is the hard truth and you will find out what mistake PTI is making when PM Khan will fire Shaukat Tarin in Late September.

Last edited:

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
You should call a meeting with Imran khan ASAP.

I am sure you will convince him that halting economic growth for at least 4 years is piece of cake.

Will_Bite

It always amuses me when people pick one figure from a broad range of factors and indicators, and start yapping on the efficacy of that singular factor.
It doesnt work like that people.

Plus, on one hand, people harp about how low our FDI in the stock market is...and then go on to gauge the growth of the market using USD as a benchmark. Make up your mind people!

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

I am saying again and again devaluation will not only lead to inflation but also it will lead to foreign investor pulling out their money like PSX is witnessing.

It is because we have BOP crisis and we do not have dollar to pour in to control CAD ,therefore, the demand is high for dollars and food prices, services prices are also rising.

Therefore, it will not help the country to spend more dollar to counter CAD and let currency gets more week and even local investor also sells PKR to buy dollar.

I always say growth is not a option for Pakistan for at least 4 years because currency is not state to deliver the goods and even export has not raised but devaluation to control CAD ,where the purpose devaluation will be gone country get another 8 billion dollar CAD in this FY 2022.

Where we will get this 8 billion from if we do not want agree to IMF and where we will get 14.5 billion dollar debt to pay if we want to go in our own way?

I am telling you PTI is in a panic and they should have not have given guarantee to IMF for increasing the electricity price ,which has the sign of PM and FM. We do not honor our PM sign than who will trust us?

1) Only import food items, Energy, export good support, machinery support, LSM support. All this make only 4 billion import. It means that we are wasting 1.5 billion to 2 billion a month. Stop it and save dollars. It will help in long run

We cannot go for growth until our Reserve reaches to 50 billion dollar, which will make it a more than a 12 month import. That is the hard truth and you will find out what mistake PTI is making when PM Khan will fire Shaukat Tarin in Late September.
Itna mut roh, halkaan ho jaye gi

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

How can I invest in Argentina stock exchange? I can’t wait to be rich! ?

arifkarim

I am saying again and again devaluation
Khotay Patwari, answer first why devaluation happens in the first place? When you import too much more than export, devaluation will happen.
In 2018 Pakistan had 40 billion dollar trade deficit and 20 billion dollar current account deficit

arifkarim

I don’t know what this guy is talking about, and don’t have the time to read, but PSX return last year was +17.24%, so don’t know where you got the -48% from
It always amuses me when people pick one figure from a broad range of factors and indicators, and start yapping on the efficacy of that singular factor.
It doesnt work like that people.

Plus, on one hand, people harp about how low our FDI in the stock market is...and then go on to gauge the growth of the market using USD as a benchmark. Make up your mind people!
Desprado inner Patwari comes out from time to time

Sohail Shuja

The imports are inevitable to be be allowed this season, because we need to import machinery for CPEC projects and vaccine. Moreover, much of our trade relies on imports and adds to the value chain, so if the Government needs to get some increase in its revenue, it has to rely on levies on imports.

However, by the end of October, it is envisaged that 80 to 85% of imports of the CPEC machinery will be over and this will start easing out the pressure on PKR.

Secondly, we also know the dirty games of the international investors, when it comes to politics. Remorsefully, much of our big investors either belong to PMLN or PPP. When they see the noose getting tight around them, they try these tactics of flight of capital from the markets.

In the medium and long term, Pakistan needs growth badly. Therefore, allowing a short term pressure on PKR seems to make sense if the projects are completed on time and start reflecting money back into the economy. You already know the numbers of unemployment and population growth.

Sohail Shuja

Growth in return for more debt, more inflation and more BOP. It is a cancer.
It depends on what type of projects you invest in. If you smoke up the borrowed money on white elephants like Orange line and Metro BRT systems, you surely are working up on a recipe of a disaster, however, if you are spending this borrowed money on projects like Dasu Dam, the likely outcomes are that when these projects get operational, they will start reflecting back more money into your economy than what was originally borrowed for them.

So, a careful analysis of the portfolio in necessary before embarking on a debate on where and how to spend the borrowed money and what results they will yield?

Gladly, Pakistan's portfolio is balancing itself. Moreover, the Eurobonds and WAPDA Green Bonds have been a success. Let this wave of import of project machinery and vaccine pass and you will see a rebound in the PKR value. Just wait two more months.