PTI chances in Karachi?

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
Arif Alvi is very confident of a minimum of 7 seats from Karachi

Now people living in Gulshan Iqbal, Nazimabad, PECHS, Clifton, DHA, etc would ideally not be under the influence of MQM nor would they be voting at gun point as it is claimed in other areas of Karachi

Karachiites have highest literacy rate as well, but very few people in these areas actually even vote in Karachi.

So what is the feel in the city towards the elections on May 11th? Same gangs running the show or people going to vote for the right party for first time?

TONIC

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
PTI can win something like 4-5 seats.....provided MQM is not using weapons and force which is extremely unlikely.

Young_Blood

Minister (2k+ posts)
Karachi ke had tak agar ,,PTI+JI+Sunni Tehreek+Mahajir Qoumi Movement+Ahle Tasheeh, ka agar alliance ho jata,,, to i bet Karachi ke 10 se ziada seats ya ALLAIANCE jeet jata easily. magar ab thora mushkil hai, kiun k ab sab parties k candidates contest ker rahay hein, aur vote aik doosrey main batein gay, Faida MQM ko ho ga, aur wo jeetney ke position main aa jaaey ge,,, Imran Khan ko aur Munawar Hassan ko iss per sochna chahiay,,,
doosri taraf, PML N ne deegar 9 parties se ilhaaq keeya hai, without PTI,,,and ANP,, i think,, lets c k karachi ke baazi kon jeet-ta hai,,, kuch areas main to MQM ka hold hai,, aur yaqeenan MQM he waha se jeetay ge,, magar kuch aisi seats hein 4 se 5 jaha se MQM wo seats loose ker sakti hai,,,

iftikharalam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Believe me, PTI can win more than 10 seat agae her polling station per army hoo!! Urdu speaking community iss bar baazi palatnai keh liyai tayyar hai!! Mujhai pata hai keh PTI neh ziada concentrate KPK and Punjab main kia hai, laikin ba khuda, jo loag kehtai hain keh PTI neh ANP, PPP aur PML N keh vote bank main dent dala hai!! 12 May ko pata chalai gaa keh sab sai ziada dent PTI nah MQM keh vote bank per dala hai!! Mark my words!!

iftikharalam

Minister (2k+ posts)
NA 256 is 50/50 but a tough fight!! NA 257 jis main Malir Cantt aur Model colony aata hai, iss main bohat acha chance hai but agar Model main MQM ki rigging per qabbo ho tuu!!

rtabasum2

Believe me, PTI can win more than 10 seat agae her polling station per army hoo!! Urdu speaking community iss bar baazi palatnai keh liyai tayyar hai!! Mujhai pata hai keh PTI neh ziada concentrate KPK and Punjab main kia hai, laikin ba khuda, jo loag kehtai hain keh PTI neh ANP, PPP aur PML N keh vote bank main dent dala hai!! 12 May ko pata chalai gaa keh sab sai ziada dent PTI nah MQM keh vote bank per dala hai!! Mark my words!!

MQM has won in past because they do too much rigging, in the morning same voters go to one constituency and in the evening same people cast votes in another, lets see what happens this time but they are bound to lose a few seats

farooqak

Minister (2k+ posts)
all i can say for mqm is that for 5 years they kept saying there is a conspiracy against them

they do extortion, kidnapping and are a gangster party but their voice farooq sattar speaks urdu like poetry. it looks like its ghalib with a gun

as overseas minister, all he did was come to dubai and have coffee in starbucks. half of overseas pakistani may not be even aware he was the minister to represent them

if you argue with mqm supporter, that they killed people, they argue back saying that joosre log ne bhi humein maara. so even mqm supporters agreee their party are into killing and violence

TONIC

If we will take a look at constituencies I would place PTI somewhere like this.

KPK----22-30
Punjab----95-110
Sindh----9-14
Balochistan---4-8

FATA is separate............put all this will depend on transparency of elections, turnout as if turnout increases and will become something like 55%-60% biggest gainer will be PTI and if turnout will remain like 35%
then hardly any change....

Lil'Genius

Minister (2k+ posts)
I will be realistic (as always), two scenarios:

1. If MQM use their old tactics. Hardly one seat of PTI.
2. If MQM gives free hand, Two seats of PTI.

romeojuliet

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
PTI chances from Karachi are Nil repeat Nil. We know only MQM despite all allegations against it, whether true or false, can best defend interests of Karachi. No one else can be trusted and People of Karachi have enough sense to understand that. In past Karachi wrongly voted for JI for a long time but never got anything except for Jamiat Talaba Terrorism from Karachi University to ordinary Mahallah streets. However, MQM may in its own wisdom have an alliance with the PTI and we would see the sincerity and effectiveness of PTI if and when they govern. As it is said " we will see when moon rises ". NO to a direct vote to PTI but YES for an alliance of MQM with the PTI.

kakamuna420

PTI compaign strategy in Karachi is surprise attack at the last moment. You can't conduct election process for a long haul as British sponsored MQM errorists will start killing them.

concern_paki

As far as I know PTI can win NA 250 seat, in other areas where ever there is a mix population PTI can give a tough fight to MQM, special areas like Gulshan_E_Iqbal, Saddar, PECHS, but Karachiites are different, they can change everything all of a sudden, like before MQM ..JI is the key winner from Karachi but all of a sudden, MQM started to sweep the city....this may also happen for PTI as Karachiites are really fed up of MQM.....provided the elections held to be fair and free......

Pinnacle

MPA (400+ posts)
If we will take a look at constituencies I would place PTI somewhere like this.

KPK----22-30
Punjab----95-110
Sindh----9-14
Balochistan---4-8

FATA is separate............put all this will depend on transparency of elections, turnout as if turnout increases and will become something like 55%-60% biggest gainer will be PTI and if turnout will remain like 35%
then hardly any change....

I guess it will be like this:

KPK- 15
Punjab- 30
Sindh- 0
Balchstan- 0

Pinnacle

MPA (400+ posts)
If Arif Alvi belives to get about 7 seats from Karachi than trust me guys this man has no sense of predictions! If he says Clean Sweep from Punjab now I can undersatad level of his understanding about constitunecy politics of Pakistan.

Karachi runs in my blood and no one knows it better than me.

MQM will take 16 Seats as Confimred even if they ask any Dog to contest from these seats.
Only Clifton Seat will see a contest but this will be between JI, PMLN and MQM, there is no PTI.
Liyari Seat will fall fro PPP.
Malir Seat will be either of PPP or MQM (it has vast majority of Villages like Memon Goth and Steel Mill area connected with Urdu Speaking Malir Belt).

Last edited:

TONIC

If Arif Alvi belives to get about 7 seats from Karachi than trust me guys this man has no sense of predictions! If he says Clean Sweep from Punjab now I can undersatad level of his understanding about constitunecy politics of Pakistan.

Karachi runs in my blood and no one knows it better than me.

MQM will take 16 Seats as Confimred even if they ask any Dog to contest from these seats.
Only Clifton Seat will see a contest but this will be between JI, PMLN and MQM, there is no PTI.
Liyari Seat will fall fro PPP.
Malir Seat will be either of PPP or MQM (it has vast majority of Villages like Memon Goth and Steel Mill area connected with Urdu Speaking Malir Belt).

Seems like you missed two valuable points TURNOUT & LAW AND ORDER situation.......If turnout is around 50%-60% and If law & Order situation is good then PTI will never loose....I am sure you won't agree so lets see after 20 days....

Imran Khan will for next government......

Ye Bazi Ishq Ki Bazi Hai Jo Chaho Laga Do Dar Kiasa
Gar Jeet Gye To Kia Kehna Haare Bhi To Bazi Maat Nahin

Pinnacle

MPA (400+ posts)
Seems like you missed two valuable points TURNOUT & LAW AND ORDER situation.......If turnout is around 50%-60% and If law & Order situation is good then PTI will never loose....I am sure you won't agree so lets see after 20 days....

Imran Khan will for next government......

Ye Bazi Ishq Ki Bazi Hai Jo Chaho Laga Do Dar Kiasa
Gar Jeet Gye To Kia Kehna Haare Bhi To Bazi Maat Nahin

he he heh he... more trun out in Karachi more votes for MQM!