rain water harvesting in pakistan

the latest research and news on acute water shortage in Pakistan suggest that we must explore some old and new methods to build up water reservoirs as means to curtail water shortage. The subject topic "rain water harvesting" is being actively pursued and the methodologies implemented in sub continent particularly India is making remarkable strides in this field. i therefore thought to start an awareness program through the forum on the subject. in the beginning i am posting some links, mentioned below for the interested readers to share their opinion on the subject and attract general public to study and implement these experiments and methods.
Pakistan is making efforts to implement these methods however we are far behind India and other nations in this field. i only find individuals using these techniques, however government and electronic media are totally oblivious from it. Only Dunya tv has presented some documentaries on this subject in their famous program "dunya kamran khan ke saath".
i therefore request my honorable readers and writers to contribute in this forum for further projection on electronic and social media.

Aslan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Many scientists have been talking about climate change and water shortages for nearly 30 years.Unfortunately the governments in Pakistan didn’t take this seriously.I remember when PTI started tree planting in KPK the idiots in the media, PPP and Goon League were issuing statements against PTI.They were calling it a fraud.Pakistan needs hundreds of water reservoirs to collect rain water.During monsoon season lot of water runs off into dry river beds or rivers.This water can be stored in reservoirs.These reservoirs can used for drip irrigation and help increase the level of water table too.

Thar desert in Sindh and cholistan in punjab can be benefitted by the techniques adopted in Indian thar region.open above mentioned link.