REPORT: KARACHI among top cheapest Cities in the World

Australian

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Paris has been pushed out of the number one spot as the world's most expensive city, with Israel's Tel Aviv officially on top for 2021.

A report released by the Economist Intelligence Unit revealed the most (and least) expensive cities to live in worldwide.

According to the Worldwide Cost of Living (WCOL) index, increases in grocery and transport prices and the strength of the Israeli shekel against the US dollar are the reasons behind the Israeli's city jump from fifth to first place.

Cost of living expected to rise​

According to the report, supply-chain problems — as well as exchange-rate shifts and changing consumer demand — have led to rising prices for commodities and other goods.

WCOL looked at 173 global cities — 40 more than last year — and looked at 400 prices for more than 200 everyday products and services.

Data is gathered by EIU's global team of researchers every March and September and all cities are compared with a base city, New York City, which has an index score of 100 and the price data converted into US dollars.

The report found that on average, the prices of prices for goods and services have risen by 3.5 per cent year on year in local-currency terms in 2021, compared with an increase of just 1.9 per cent at the same time last year.

The most rapid increases in the WCOL index were for transport, with the price of a litre of petrol up by 21 per cent on average

"Over the coming year, we expect to see the cost of living rise further in many cities," the report reads.

"Inflationary expectations are also likely to feed into wage rises, further fuelling price rises.

"If supply-chain disruptions die down and lockdowns ease as expected, then the situation should improve towards the end of 2022, stabilising the cost of living in most major cities."

Ten most expensive cities in the world​

1. Tel Aviv, Israel
  2. Paris, France (tie)
  3. Singapore, Singapore (tie)
  4. Zurich, Switzerland
  5. Hong Kong* China ,
  6. New York, USA
  7. Geneva, Switzerland
  8. Copenhagen, Denmark
  9. Los Angeles, USA
  10. Osaka, Japan

Ten cheapest cities in the world​

1. Damascus, Syria
  2. Tripoli, Libya
  3. Tashkent, Uzbekistan
  4. Tunis, Tunisia
  5. Almaty, Kazakhstan
  6. Karachi Pakistan
  7. Ahmedabad, India
  8. Algiers, Algeria
  9. Buenos Aires, Argentina
  10. Lusaka, Zambia

The ten most expensive cities for petrol​

1. Hong Kong, China
  2. Amsterdam, Netherlands
  3. Oslo, Norway
  4. Tel Aviv, Israel
  5. Hamburg, Germany
  6. Athens, Greece
  7. Rome, Italy
  8. Stockholm, Sweden
  9. Reykjavik, Iceland
  10. Finland, Helsinki
BBC

Last edited by a moderator:

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
But I hate to say it, top kachara cities also. And believe me everything I have in Pakistan is in Karachi, most time I've spent in Pakistan is in Karachi and my family has been settled in Karachi since the 70s

SO I'm not saying this out of any racist notion or to show anybody as inferior, but what has been done to Karachi in the past 40 years is a tragedy and a great crime.

akinternational

Minister (2k+ posts)
totally stupid... firstly define "CHEAP" and "Expensive"....
its a question of "buying power"........... Pakistani have lost buying power and what they buy is not sure if they buy "PURE" stuff....
these bastards don't know what is going on in Pakistan.... they with false numbers and do not consider that people have less than a dollar a day income. If there is NO charity, people will die beacuse of hunger.

LAKH LAANAT ON THIS TYPE OF PROPAGNADA

ZS_Devil

Minister (2k+ posts)
But I hate to say it, top kachara cities also. And believe me everything I have in Pakistan is in Karachi, most time I've spent in Pakistan is in Karachi and my family has been settled in Karachi since the 70s

SO I'm not saying this out of any racist notion or to show anybody as inferior, but what has been done to Karachi in the past 40 years is a tragedy and a great crime.
Power politics destroyed Karachi since mqm established that doesn't mean that mqm is solely responsible of destruction every political party and even Islamic scholar also involved wo kehte hai na behti hoi ganga thi to sbh ne us m hath dhoo liye hai to ab asy hi chalta rahega