Rishi Sunak and Sajid Javid resign from the Cabinet

Melanthus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
sunak%20javid.jpg

Rishi Sunak has quit as Chancellor(finance minister) and Sajid Javid has resigned as health secretary(health minister)as Boris Johnson's leadership faced a fresh crisis following the Chris Pincher scandal.

Mr Sunak said "the public rightly expect government to be conducted properly, competently and seriously", adding "I believe these standards are worth fighting for and that is why I am resigning."

In an incendiary letter, Mr Javid said the British people "expect integrity from their government" but voters now believed Mr Johnson's administration was neither competent nor "acting in the national interest".

Mr Johnson had tonight admitted "it was a mistake" to give Mr Pincher his job as deputy chief whip and said: "I apologise for it".

Mr Sunak and Mr Javid's resignations come after Downing Street was accused of lying over the Chris Pincher scandal this morning, as Lord McDonald said Mr Johnson was briefed "in person" about concerns relating to the then Foreign Office minister.

The publication of the letter appeared to wrong foot Dominic Raab as he conducted interviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

disgusted

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Why blame Ganjas ? The proud people of Punjab elected him? Khata bhi hey lagata bhi hey aur awam per takleef aajaya tau awam ki G### sharif bhi marta hey.