Samsung to establish TV line-up plant in Pakistan: Razak Dawood

miafridi

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
371865_9777707_updates.jpg

KARACHI: Samsung is all set to establish its TV line-up plant in Pakistan as the South Korean firm has entered into a joint venture with a local company for the production of television sets.

Sharing the news, Adviser to Prime Minister on Commerce and Investment Abdul Razak Dawood wrote on Twitter: “I have been informed that Samsung Electronics is in the process of establishing their TV line-up plant in collaboration with the R&R Industries at Karachi.”

“It [plant] will become functional in Q4 of 2021 and is expected to produce 50,000 units annually,” he added.

The adviser was of the view that the joint venture is a vindication of the Ministry of Commerce’s “Make-in-Pakistan policy for industrialisation via rationalisation of input costs and other incentives.”

https://twitter.com/x/status/1440558092609937417
Economically, this joint venture is a step in the right direction for the electronic industry as it will help enhance competitiveness and the main beneficiary will be the consumer because local manufacturing will reduce the cost of the television.

In July, the tech giant had signed an agreement with Lucky Motor Corporation to begin manufacturing its phones in Pakistan.

Samsung’s decision to assemble phones in Pakistan was an indication of the success of the Mobile Device Manufacturing Policy (MDMP) launched by the government in June 2020.

The vision of the policy was clear that by 2022, 80% of all mobile phones sold in Pakistan should be locally manufactured.

Last year in August, Prime Minister Imran Khan had declared that the government was vigorously pursuing a Make-in-Pakistan policy to promote export-oriented industrialisation in the country.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/371865-samsung-to-establish-tv-line-up-plant-in-pakistan-razak-dawood

aka DURRANI

MPA (400+ posts)
In simple words its assembly line. Nothing more. Creating just few dozen employments.
But at the other end they save alot of taxes. Win win for the corporation and loose loose for pakistan.

Wake up Pak

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
a line of machines and workers in a factory that a product moves along while it is being built or produced. Each machine or worker performs a particular job that must be finished before the product moves to the next position in the line.
It is called an assembly line.

• Haha
Reactions: Zeb

iltaf

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
In simple words its assembly line. Nothing more. Creating just few dozen employments.
But at the other end they save alot of taxes. Win win for the corporation and loose loose for pakistan.
Not sure but may be the next step would be complete manufacturing locally due to potential higher profit margins.

ahameed

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
It’s totally wrong analysis, Pakistan will save dollars to import them, can expand it to export in future and also manufacturing will come to Pakistan in future
Which taxes will they save?

aka DURRANI

MPA (400+ posts)
Not sure but may be the next step would be complete manufacturing locally due to potential higher profit margins.

It’s totally wrong analysis, Pakistan will save dollars to import them, can expand it to export in future and also manufacturing will come to Pakistan in future
Which taxes will they save?
I pray to be wrong dear... i will be for the good of the country, like u.
But sadly i know about such agreements relating assembling high tech equipment.
Yes they save taxes as the unfinished goods are imported which have very low tax rates than the finished product.
Back in 2002 my friends used to work in ZTE assembly lines. Which were regarded as high tech investment in those days. Eqiupment was for u-fone project. But it all consisted of few large tables in a house in islamabad.
I also worked in CTI islamabad in those days. Which was kinda similar arrangement between PTCL and Siemens germany. But we had very nominal manufacturing as well.
Regards.