Self Help Can Only Help!

scyrus

Citizen
The elections are finally over and the Obam-ination of America continues for another four years. The promise of change in 2008 was fulfilled resulting in this historic victory. Even though the change was only in the definition of the word change, but who am I to question if the sheeple of America are happy (I am neither Democrat nor Republican and in fact I am against western democracy but we can talk about that some other time).
Just like many Americans, Middle East & the Muslim world is happy and relieved. Obamas middle name just give them some sense of security, which Romneys middle name just cant do. I am also unable to understand this philosophy, but it is true. They were really scared of Romney and the republicans but now they can breath. Pakistanis were worried about boots on ground and the middle east was concerned about more American support for Israel in case of republican victory. I even saw someone in my Facebook news feed saying Obama wins!!! Now let us see what he does for (to would have been more appropriate) Syria!!!. What all these people (& nations) fail to understand is that Obama or Romney, Democrats or Republicans, Black or White, Pink or Purple will never do anything for anyone. That is not how nations think or work. Nations only keep their national interest in mind. They dont & should not care about Syria, Pakistan or any other nation and why should they?
If Saddam is useful, he will be used (helped) to take care of the Iranian revolution and flushed like a toilet paper when both nations (Iran & Iraq) are weakened because of the 10 year war. And after a job well done, they pull him (Saddam) from a sewage pipe like a clogged toilet paper and put him for a display. Afghans were Mujahedeen until Russian disintegration and then magically turned into terrorists. Pakistan stays an ally as long as they keep killing their own people. Saudis will always be friends as long as they are compliment. Gaddafi becomes a friend as soon as he gives up his nuclear ambitions, and discarded by his own 24 caret gold gun, when he has served his purpose. Hence, nations only work for and protect their own interests!!!. It is funny to expect something from someone when you are not doing it yourself. It is not Americas fault that Pakistan is weak and cannot protect its borders and air space. Nations are like people, some are weak and some are strong. Consider the following scenario:
I was bullied in school and that is when I learned that you should shut up and accept everything as long as you are weak and cannot retaliate. Your good behavior, being nice, paying lunch money as tax, accepting orders,doing homework etc. will not change the behavior of the bully towards you. You have to take care of matters yourself. God help those who help themselves. Finally, I acted upon the proverb and helped myself by beating the **** out of the bully.
Yet again, nations only work for and protect their own interests!!!. Pakistan will be droned till death if it is in American national interest. Sad but True!!! Moral of the story: Instead of asking the bully to stop or help you with your affairs, you will have to help yourself. All I can pray for myself and my people is:

Azaim Ko Seenon Mein Baidar Kar Dey
Nigah-e-Musalman Ko Talwar Kar Dey (Iqbal)
Awaken in them an iron will,
And make their sight a sharpened sword

ScyruS

For More: https://scyrus.wordpress.com