Senators should be directly elected

HIDDEN

Minister (2k+ posts)
How many elections are needed?

Senators should be selected by the parties on the basis of their seats in provincial assemblies.

Oppostion Is Mafia

Minister (2k+ posts)
Senators in Pakistan should be directly elected.

in order to get rid of this horse trading menace, senators must be directly elected.
That is correct but corrupt mafia is very powerful and they sitting in Parliament and senate. Also they have all friends and relatives in institutions like Election commission, Nab, Police, Bureaucrats, Media, Judiciary, military long hard struggle needs to continue.

Last edited:

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Senators in Pakistan should be directly elected.

in order to get rid of this horse trading menace, senators must be directly elected.
I think Union Counsel administrators should be directly elected instead of Senators.
No more polarization in the society.
Also party based general elections shall be held instead of nominee based in each constituency. After party shall have the right to appoint its nominee after clearance from state agencies.

Hate_Nooras

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Scrap the Senate. What do they do? It's a not a body of the legislature that has any expertise to review legislation and make thoughtful amendments.

mskhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
How many elections are needed?

Senators should be selected by the parties on the basis of their seats in provincial assemblies.
That’s whats not happening right now, instead they are being bought like chickens and criminals use them for their own interest.
The elections still take place, but instead of ordinary people, whose lives these assholes manage, they are being elected by a bunch of pricks who are bought out like prostitues by pimps.

if they are to decide my fate, I be the one electing them, not some fucking idiot who makes money out of making a choice for me.

mskhan

Minister (2k+ posts)
Scrap the Senate. What do they do? It's a not a body of the legislature that has any expertise to review legislation and make thoughtful amendments.
It is a body of legislator, they ratify legislation, a legislation passed by the lower house doesn’t become a law unless it is passed by senate.
Is it good to have a two tier system, well in a mature democracy yes, it’s very important.

in a democracy hijacked by crooks, it become a problem.

stargazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Senators should be elected DIRECTLY as are MNAs & MPAs. Union councils should also be elected directly.
I agree with the ideas and maybe there should be a referendum on these issues.
Crooks are getting SELECTED as senators.