Shahbaz Sharif is in Jail on purpose?

Dr.Ahsan

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
This is getting very clear now that Shahbaz Sharif deliberately decided not to get bail and got himself in jail to stay away from this so-called agitation movement based on current anti-establishment "vote ko izzat do" stance. Otherwise, it was not that difficult for him to get bail from LHC. He was really in awkward position after Nawaz Sharif's speech in APC. I hope people of Pakistan and more importantly "they" should understand that this Shahbaz Sharif is a cunning character and equally worse as this Nawaz/Maryam duo. With this he is trying to stay "clean".
I hope we don't see Shahbaz as an alternatively option in future. This will only be prevented if current government pays more attention to their performance rather than spending time and energy on responding to Maryam's pressers. Shahbaz will never become an option if current government is on top of their affairs.
P.S. This is my personal opinion.

Last edited:

Ratan

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Shahbaz will never become an option if current government is on top of their affairs.
Even if the PTI govt fails, Shahbaz or anybody from Sharif family & Zardari family should not be a part of new govt, agreed ...Shahbaz & Nawaz are same, playing only Good Cop & Bad Cop.
By now establishment should understand that what grave mistake they did by selecting Nawaz, Benazir & Zardari time & again.
As all three had proved not only they were dishonest & corrupt but equally traitors (list of Khalistan activists, memo gate, dawn leak, meeting with Modi & Jindal etc..)

Logically if a crook like Zardari & Nawaz can have 5 years tenure time then why not Kaptaan?...
PTI is doing to the best of their abilities...current inflation is a side effect of IMF programme...

We should not be confused by propaganda...PTI will & should complete 5 years tenure.

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
The JAIL system should mandatory Chop off his hands for corruption charges at all costs !!!!!!!
And ANY other crimes he committed, the SYSTEM should cut off that other body part off as well !

HimSar

Minister (2k+ posts)
It was clear already that he wasn't going to hop on this train of events. Not with mayhem as a clear successor. And noonies were rightly angry on the day he didn't extend his bail and 'got arrested'. They were angry at him.

crankthskunk

This is getting very clear now that Shahbaz Sharif deliberately decided not to get bail and got himself in jail to stay away from this so-called agitation movement based on current anti-establishment "vote ko izzat do" stance. Otherwise, it was not that difficult for him to get bail from LHC. He was really in awkward position after Nawaz Sharif's speech in APC. I hope people of Pakistan and more importantly "they" should understand that this Shahbaz Sharif is a cunning character and equally worse as this Nawaz/Maryam duo. With this he is trying to stay "clean".
I hope we don't see Shahbaz as an alternatively option in future. This will only be possible if current government pays more attention to their performance rather than spending time and energy on responding to Maryam's pressers. Shahbaz will never become an option if current government is on top of their affairs.

well more than two years ago, when PTI wasn't in the government, two decisions were made on the same day by Pakistani courts. One against Imran Khan and the other in favour of Shahbaz, though both cases were unrelated to each other. Nonetheless, the reprieve Shahbaz got from the court was clear sign that he had been saved for the future as PM of Pakistan. In any other country, his political career would have been finished there and then on that case alone. But after that he was elected to NA and became Opp leader.

Pakistani establishment plays dirty games with Pakistani public all the times. Shahbaz is there pet , probably they have asked him to go to the jail, so they can keep him away from harm's way and pave way for his return.

Otherwise, how after billions in money laundering and TT's this man still gets bails from the courts and keep repeating "aik dheele ki corrution sabit nahi hoi"!!

Salazar67

Jail? Watch Imran Khan's youtube today's show.. it is a 5 star hotel for this khanzeer king of corruption and muttah marriages.

Time To hang this vile gutter born Shareef clowns.

JAVED IQBAL NEEDS TO GET FIRED.WTF IS HE DOING?
TWO KICKS ON HIS BUND ARE NEEDED. IT IS A MOCKERY OF JUSTICE IN WHORE RULED PUNJAB.

Dr.Ahsan

Even if the PTI govt fails, Shahbaz or anybody from Sharif family & Zardari family should not be a part of new govt, agreed ...Shahbaz & Nawaz are same, playing only Good Cop & Bad Cop.
By now establishment should understand that what grave mistake they did by selecting Nawaz, Benazir & Zardari time & again.
As all three had proved not only they were dishonest & corrupt but equally traitors (list of Khalistan activists, memo gate, dawn leak, meeting with Modi & Jindal etc..)

Logically if a crook like Zardari & Nawaz can have 5 years tenure time then why not Kaptaan?...
PTI is doing to the best of their abilities...current inflation is a side effect of IMF programme...

We should not be confused by propaganda...PTI will & should complete 5 years tenure.
I am not confused, I am sure PTI will complete its tenure InshaAllah. I was rather talking about 2023 elections and Shahbaz coming out in that elections as a "clean" option.
That is why I am convinced that PTI ministers should only spend time and energy in engaging with people to convey what have they done so far and what's in progress. Explain to the naïve common man of Pakistan in lay terms the reasons for current inflation and efforts current government is taking to curb it.

Nightcrawl

I hope we don't see Shahbaz as an alternatively option in future. This will only be possible if current government pays more attention to their performance rather than spending time and energy on responding to Maryam's pressers. Shahbaz will never become an option if current government is on top of their affairs.
Very right

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
I hope we don't see Shahbaz as an alternatively option in future. This will only be prevented if current government pays more attention to their performance rather than spending time and energy on responding to Maryam's pressers. Shahbaz will never become an option if current government is on top of their affairs.
If you would have followed his case, you would not be saying this, he tried his level best, tried every delaying tactic in the book and even some more outrageous ones not in the book to avoid going to jail, including faking corona infection and his lawyers taking a unprecedented 3 days to complete their arguments in a bail hearing case, while the prosecution only required 30 mins!

When everything was exhausted to the bone and a verdict vacating is bail and court ordering his arrest was imminent in the next few minutes, to save face he withdrew his bail petition, but at that stage it really didn't matter if he did or did not.

It's like saying I quit 30 seconds before your boss was going to fire you anyways.

I know we being Pakistanis love nothing more than juicy conspiracy theories and it also doesn't help that the media promotes such kind of nonsense but once in a while we should let the facts speak for themselves.

Dr.Ahsan

If you would have followed his case, you would not be saying this, he tried his level best, tried every delaying tactic in the book and even some more outrageous ones not in the book to avoid going to jail, including faking corona infection and his lawyers taking a unprecedented 3 days to complete their arguments in a bail hearing case, while the prosecution only required 30 mins!

When everything was exhausted to the bone and a verdict vacating is bail and court ordering his arrest was imminent in the next few minutes, to save face he withdrew his bail petition, but at that stage it really didn't matter if he did or did not.

It's like saying I quit 30 seconds before your boss was going to fire you anyways.

I know we being Pakistanis love nothing more than juicy conspiracy theories and it also doesn't help that the media promotes such kind of nonsense but once in a while we should let the facts speak for themselves.
I know cases against Shahbaz are very strong so were the ones against Nawaz/Maryam. But its unfortunate to have LHC/IHC facilitating these crooks. Both Nawaz & Maryam are convicted but got bails. As much as I wish that it is just a conspiracy theory but I hate the say that anything is possible in Pakistan. Allah Pakistani Judges aur "un" ko hidayad de jo Shahbaz jeso ko facilitate krte hain aur finally Allah Imran khan ki madad kre. Ameen

Eyeaan

I know cases against Shahbaz are very strong so were the ones against Nawaz/Maryam. But its unfortunate to have LHC/IHC facilitating these crooks. Both Nawaz & Maryam are convicted but got bails. As much as I wish that it is just a conspiracy theory but I hate the say that anything is possible in Pakistan. Allah Pakistani Judges aur "un" ko hidayad de jo Shahbaz jeso ko facilitate krte hain aur finally Allah Imran khan ki madad kre. Ameen
Shehbaz will be "na ahl " by the next election - he would be behind bars or free outside like maryam won't matter much- there is no other possibility.
Those, in the media telling otherwise, or speculating about his bail are hoping or playing with the people. Volumes of TT investigation are too heavy to ignore. Although much of the courts are with noon family but they have limited powers and they are divided within as well.
However there is one and only one chance for SS (even for fazloo etc) - that is ML and subsequent an end/suspension of NAB law-- Opposition has aimed for ML for the last three year but without any success. Current protest is also aimed to pull military in for some longer period. That has not worked in the past and practically there is no possibility now. Some calamity similar to aps can change the scenario and force reconciliation.
Zardaari has much chance to survive but not that army or courts favor him but due of his age and health. Like for nawaz,, army and government both will not like to be burdened by his death behind bars. A better option would be to, somehow, get rid of him.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
This has nothing to do with the subject at hand, which is if Shabaz is in jail because he wants to be in jail, as you proposed.

Kavalier

Corruption and theft is okay but dawn leaks and memo gate etc are purely politically motivated things, cheapest possible affairs, blown out of proportion by establishment.

Kavalier

Army ka naam letay howay thora problem hota hoga, issi liye sara malba IHC/LHC/SC pay dal dena chayey...

Eyeaan

Corruption and theft is okay but dawn leaks and memo gate etc are purely politically motivated things, cheapest possible affairs, blown out of proportion by establishment.
You are right about dawn leaks but Memo Gate was was a categorically different matter. It was a conspiracy with secret correspondence, offers and agreement directly with a foreign military and agency. Pentagon. US generals and even US congress have confirmed the facts. It was illegal ultra constitutional and a breach of state laws and rules - there no second opinion possible. Further this happened when state was under immense pressure due to Osama incident.
Whether president was involved, there is no evidence for it - personally I think his office was misused by renegade individuals.
Because of its nature and the involvement of presidential office officials. ISI chief had personally involved him in the investigation. It was his prime constitutional duty to act and stop it.
I wont politicize and blame PPP or president for some official's actions but yet it is a blot in pak history which will stay for long.