Shaykh Hamza Yusuf on Islam & Muslims in Rare 1996 Interview

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Shaykh Hamza Yusuf believes Ahmadi's should not be declared as non-Muslims in Pakistan. He thinks it is unIslamic and more political. See this video.

After watching this video, I don't think any Muslims would want to watch any more video of him

TheRealKing

MPA (400+ posts)
Shaykh Hamza Yusuf believes Ahmadi's should not be declared as non-Muslims in Pakistan. He thinks it is unIslamic and more political. See this video.

After watching this video, I don't think any Muslims would want to watch any more video of him

1. Make a separate thread about it. Keep discussions limited to the subject of the thread.

2. Re-listen to what he said he's absolutely correct in his statement. That we ignored a bigger faction of people who claim to be Muslim yet are not.

knowledge88

1. Make a separate thread about it. Keep discussions limited to the subject of the thread.

2. Re-listen to what he said he's absolutely correct in his statement. That we ignored a bigger faction of people who claim to be Muslim yet are not.
No, Ismailee do not believe on any prophet after Prophet Muhammad PBUH, If they do , then tell me their prophet's name. Also I don't need to make a new thread of someone who believes Qadyani are Muslims. I don't respect such people. I need to add this video here so people could see the reality of Hamza Yusuf.
Lastly one question.
Do you agree with him that it is wrong to declare Ahmadis as non Muslim? Your answer should be either YES or NO.

TheRealKing

MPA (400+ posts)
No, Ismailee do not believe on any prophet after Prophet Muhammad PBUH, If they do , then tell me their prophet's name. Also I don't need to make a new thread of someone who believes Qadyani are Muslims. I don't respect such people. I need to add this video here so people could see the reality of Hamza Yusuf.
Lastly one question.
Do you agree with him that it is wrong to declare Ahmadis as non Muslim? Your answer should be either YES or NO.

If you don't offer prayers you are essentially committing kufr. The Quran is very clear about it.
Listen to what he said and use your intellect wisely.

This was Hamza Yusuf's statement about it. After people who couldn't comprehend or understand his point

"Al-Azhar has ruled that both sects are outside of Islam, and I accept the ruling of the former rector and mufti, Shaykh Al-Azhar, Gad al-Haqq, may God have mercy on him. I am very cautious of takfir, but if a body as meticulous as Al-Azhar issues an official position about a group, we are obliged to concede to them. I have great respect for the balance and moderate tradition that Al-Azhar represents and know that they do not take takfirlightly. Hence, I defer such judgment to them and retract my previous statement. As the saying goes, “The people of Mecca are more familiar with their mountain trails.”"

https://sandala.org/sticks-and-drones-may-break-our-bones-but-fitna-really-hurts-us/

His point is absolutely 100% truth with regards to it being used as a political point-scoring tool.

We don't have to go way back in time to establish proof for that statement.

I agree with whatever the more learned scholars have agreed upon. i.e they are out of the fold of Islam.

Don't throw your ignorance and lack of understanding at me.

knowledge88

If you don't offer prayers you are essentially committing kufr. The Quran is very clear about it.
Listen to what he said and use your intellect wisely.

This was Hamza Yusuf's statement about it. After people who couldn't comprehend or understand his point

"Al-Azhar has ruled that both sects are outside of Islam, and I accept the ruling of the former rector and mufti, Shaykh Al-Azhar, Gad al-Haqq, may God have mercy on him. I am very cautious of takfir, but if a body as meticulous as Al-Azhar issues an official position about a group, we are obliged to concede to them. I have great respect for the balance and moderate tradition that Al-Azhar represents and know that they do not take takfirlightly. Hence, I defer such judgment to them and retract my previous statement. As the saying goes, “The people of Mecca are more familiar with their mountain trails.”"

https://sandala.org/sticks-and-drones-may-break-our-bones-but-fitna-really-hurts-us/

His point is absolutely 100% truth with regards to it being used as a political point-scoring tool.

We don't have to go way back in time to establish proof for that statement.

I agree with whatever the more learned scholars have agreed upon. i.e they are out of the fold of Islam.

Don't throw your ignorance and lack of understanding at me.
You are not sure what you are saying yourself.

Hamza Yusuf said that it is wrong to label Ahmadis as non Muslims,.
Here is what you wrote in your first response
" he said he's absolutely correct in his statement. " Means you agree with him that Pakistani government is wrong in declaring Ahmadis as Kafir.

then in your second mail you wrote
""Al-Azhar has ruled that both sects are outside of Islam, and I accept the ruling of the former rector and mufti, Shaykh Al-Azhar, Gad al-Haqq, " here you agree that Ahmadis are rightly declared non-Muslims.

I don't know which your response is right, Is Hamza Yusuf is right in saying Ahmadis can not be declarer non-Muslims by the government of Pakistan, or Is Shaykh Al-Azhar, Gad al-Haqq, right in saying that Ahmadis are outside Islam.

TheRealKing

MPA (400+ posts)
Stop twisting my words to suit your own narrative. My words are clear about them being used as a political point-scoring scapegoat as Hamza states in the video.

If you don't understand. Please stop reading what I write. JazakAllah Khair

knowledge88

Stop twisting my words to suit your own narrative. My words are clear about them being used as a political point-scoring scapegoat as Hamza states in the video.

If you don't understand. Please stop reading what I write. JazakAllah Khair
Twisting your words ? I copied and pasted your words.