Software quality assurance(qa) needed help

Wireless

Councller (250+ posts)
Friends, I need advise from Software QA Professionals in order to have a proper guidance to excel in Software QA career. I am located in Canada.

Having 2 years of Testing experience(Mostly Manual) + Selenium WebDriver Automation course + being in Montreal(with Montreal phone number and address) and finding work in Ontario is a big challenge. Although I use fongo and have an Ottawa number, I don’t know if I can have 2 numbers with fongo or if there is any other app I can use to have another Canadian number ??????? I usually use CL or kijiji to find a local address.

Recently found that learning Frameworks in Selenium Webdriver(Keyword/DataDriven or hybrid) can open opportunities for me in Ontario or elsewhere. However, I wanted to get to know more on this plus some advise on excelling in software qa people who are experienced and have been in Software QA for some time.

Also that would be great if you guys provide some best online resources to learn and practice software qa material including Selenium automation frameworks.

OR If you know some person who teaches software qa online (E.g From India or Pak), that would be great as well.
Please advise.

P.S: Most of us try to find Government Jobs in Software QA(less stress, great benefits, job security etc etc) and infact I am as well. Does anybody knows of Government Organizations/Companies(Anywhere in Canada) which I can target for Software QA.

Thankyou,

Last edited by a moderator:

mhdazym

MPA (400+ posts)
Hi,

I am not an expert in Canadian Job Market but as far as I know, there is a website called "Job Bank" where you can register your self and find a job. In terms of learning Selenium or any QA skills you can try "TutorialsPoint.com". I don't think so you need any tutor because there are too many you tube tutorials online where you can search for automated testing. I would suggest that you should learn it from youtube and learn automated testing techniques especially learn shell or batch scripting along Unit Testing. Install Hudson CI tool on your machine and look for the tutorial.

Thanks

Wireless

Councller (250+ posts)
Software quality assurance(software qa)help needed

Friends, I need advise from Software QA Professionals in order to have a proper guidance to excel in Software QA career. I am located in Canada.

Having 2 years of Testing experience(Mostly Manual) + Selenium WebDriver Automation course + being in Montreal(with Montreal phone number and address) and finding work in Ontario is a big challenge. Although I use fongo and have an Ottawa number, I don’t know if I can have 2 numbers with fongo or if there is any other app I can use to have another Canadian number ??????? I usually use CL or kijiji to find a local address.

Recently found that learning Frameworks in Selenium Webdriver(Keyword/DataDriven or hybrid) can open opportunities for me in Ontario or elsewhere. However, I wanted to get to know more on this plus some advise on excelling in software qa people who are experienced and have been in Software QA for some time.

Also that would be great if you guys provide some best online resources to learn and practice software qa material including Selenium automation frameworks.

OR If you know some person who teaches software qa online (E.g From India or Pak), that would be great as well.
Please advise.

P.S: Most of us try to find Government Jobs in Software QA(less stress, great benefits, job security etc etc) and infact I am as well. Does anybody knows of Government Organizations/Companies(Anywhere in Canada) which I can target for Software QA.

Thankyou,