Suggestions for Judicial Reforms in Pakistan.

stargazer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
With hopes that someone from PTI, which is going to form the next government with a 2/3 majority IA, and then will be in a position to make constitutional changes, I am going to put some thoughts as bullet points only.

1--Make Constitutional Reforms and changes within 60 days of coming into power No matter what anyone suggests please don't listen to them.
2--Judicial Reforms are going to be The Most Important Tool for the nation.
3--Eliminate the Summer Holidays for the courts.
4--Judges of the lower judiciary who have more than 5% of their decisions overruled by higher courts should be dismissed from service.
5--High court Judges should be appointed by debate in the provincial Assembly.
6--Supreme court Judges should be appointed through a debate in the National Assembly and Senate.
7--Civil cases in Lower courts should be heard on day to day basis.
8-- Heinous crimes should be heard on at least 3 times weekly basis.
9--FIR registration should be via E-mail.
10-- A Separate department for Investigation within the police to be set up.
11--Financial Courts to be set up for financial crimes.
12--Adjournments of no more than 2 days should be allowed by law.
13--No plots by govt or any other allowed to judges they get paid enough.
14--Eliminate Contempt of Court act.
15--Stay orders should be eliminated.
16--No Sc or HC judge should be allowed to acquire ANY other citizenship.
17--No Armed forces General to acquire any other citizenship.
18--No plots for Armed forces officers, no plots for beaurocrats or journalists or lawyers.
19--DHA management should be taken away from the Armed forces.
20-- No beaurocrat of above grade 19 is allowed to acquire any other citizenship.
21-- Misconduct of Judges to be investigated by an independent authority AND National/Senate and Provincial assembly for SC or HC respectively.

I pray to Allah to give us all hadaya and courage to make the necessary changes.

Husaink

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
With hopes that someone from PTI, which is going to form the next government with a 2/3 majority IA, and then will be in a position to make constitutional changes, I am going to put some thoughts as bullet points only.

1--Make Constitutional Reforms and changes within 60 days of coming into power No matter what anyone suggests please don't listen to them.
4--Judges of the lower judiciary who have more than 5% of their decisions overruled by higher courts should be dismissed from service.
6--Supreme court Judges should be appointed through a debate in the National Assembly and Senate.
18--No plots for Armed forces officers, no plots for beaurocrats or journalists or lawyers.
20-- No beaurocrat of above grade 19 is allowed to acquire any other citizenship.
21-- Misconduct of Judges to be investigated by an independent authority AND National/Senate and Provincial assembly for SC or HC respectively.

I pray to Allah to give us all hadaya and courage to make the necessary changes.
ایک بائیس گریڈ کا جرنیل آکر ساری عدلیہ کو بھیڑوں کی طرح اپنے آگے لگا لیتا ہے ، پہلے اسٹبلشمنٹ کا رول فکس کرو پھر عدلیہ کی طرف جاؤ

cheetah

All the present and future cases should be decided within 30days and there should be only one court above and that too have to decide the case within 15days.
No more lawyers, pleading the case by involved parties only.
All those who have left the country all the perks will be confiscated if they are not going to opt motherland.
Regarding appointment there should be examination system.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

I came up with this a long time ago

Because I think regardless of whatever reforms you cannot polish a piece of turd and the judges in the current pool are dinosaurs of this old rotten system. I have yet to see a good and decent judge, specially in the high courts and supreme court.

Lohar court is rundi of the sharifs. IHC is rundi of the establishment, Sindh High Court is rundi of the Zardakus. Balouchistan and KPK we don't here much about so hard to say. But can't be much different.

Altruist

Minister (2k+ posts)

There has to be a timeline in which cases should be decided, say 30 days for an inquiry and 30 days for a resolution.

Parliament should be able to dictate to the SC to take up certain cases of importance on a priority basis and stipulate a time to decide the case.

Also, parliament should be able to ask SJC to take up certain matters, again with a timeline to complete the task.

Qazi Isa's case is a classical case. It is being dragged on forever. It is an open/shut case. Either this man provides proof of his earnings or is fired without any future benefits.

And lastly, no judge of any court should think of himself above the law.

انقلاب

we need Army reforms prior to anything else.

AbbuJee

انکی تنخواہ، مراعات اور سب کے اثاثے انٹر نیٹ پر ڈال دو۔

باقی سوشل میڈیا خود ان کو دیکھ لے گا۔

thinking

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Judiciary ko theek karna bohat lambi game ha.Ap ko kam z kam 10 saal chahay Magistrate se le kar SC ke Judges tak honest,competent, unbias logo lanay ke lia.Judges ki aik pori generation ap ko change karni paray gi.Session judges jab honest ho gein tu kal inho ne hi upar ana ha.Hamara Judiciary ka pora nizam hi gala sara ha.Aik do banday achay anay se bhi ye theek nahi ho sakta.Ap log Ayen mein amendments kar ke iss mein kuch behtari la saktay ho.lekan aik dam change nahi kar saktay..

stargazer

I came up with this a long time ago

Because I think regardless of whatever reforms you cannot polish a piece of turd and the judges in the current pool are dinosaurs of this old rotten system. I have yet to see a good and decent judge, specially in the high courts and supreme court.

Lohar court is rundi of the sharifs. IHC is rundi of the establishment, Sindh High Court is rundi of the Zardakus. Balouchistan and KPK we don't here much about so hard to say. But can't be much different.
I am glad you think like I and many more do. All good ideas are usually generated by many people at the same time. I am sure many besides you and me have had these ideas but we are all waiting for the right time to come until then all good people will continue to propagate and write about them and educate people.
Kudos to you.

stargazer

Judiciary ko theek karna bohat lambi game ha.Ap ko kam z kam 10 saal chahay Magistrate se le kar SC ke Judges tak honest,competent, unbias logo lanay ke lia.Judges ki aik pori generation ap ko change karni paray gi.Session judges jab honest ho gein tu kal inho ne hi upar ana ha.Hamara Judiciary ka pora nizam hi gala sara ha.Aik do banday achay anay se bhi ye theek nahi ho sakta.Ap log Ayen mein amendments kar ke iss mein kuch behtari la saktay ho.lekan aik dam change nahi kar saktay..
One law revealing their assets Like Abbuji said is all that it will take.
Badmashoon ko theek kernay kay leeyay thoree see badmashi kernee partee hai.