Taliban Explained by Stanford Historian - What do you think?

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Talk about being absolutely vague and obscure. I left knowing less about the T'ban after watching the video, than I did coming in.

As one of the YouTube comment says : Taliban "not" explained by Stanford historian

A.jokhio

Minister (2k+ posts)
Now i understand why America loose every war...if this what how they get understanding about unknown....so...they know nothing about any thing...the guest: only he can understand what exactly he wants to say...secondly instead of judging other i think western countries should correct themselve...as far as i know they are the most inhumane, barbaric and unethical people who needlessly kill people, create chaos, cant compete fairly, so they destroy others....they only believe in destruction as power...this is evil...

Last edited:

atensari

(50k+ posts) بابائے فورم
اس ویڈیو میں طالبان کی جو صفات گنوائی گئی ہیں کم بیش سب نارتھ اٹلانٹک ٹررسٹ آرگنائزیشن میں پائی جاتی ہیں. مختلف اقوام، نسلوں، لسانی گروہوں کا مجموعہ جو دنیا بھر میں عیسائیوں کی بالا دستی کے لئے جنگیں کرتی پھرتی ہے

Last edited:

shujauddin

Minister (2k+ posts)
Poor analysis I would give 1/10. Poor understanding of local culture, traditions, history and Geography. No wonder USA lost. You cannot win against something you don't understand !

NasNY

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
In terms Americans would understand a loose explanation without too much thinking is.

Taliban are like the American Bible Belt area , supplied weapons and training for 300 years by foreign powers to meet their needs.

They have always won and will continue to win in the future, because they don’t think battle or war as a result oriented struggle, they consider TIME as the ultimate weapon.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
In terms Americans would understand a loose explanation without too much thinking is.

Taliban are like the American Bible Belt area , supplied weapons and training for 300 years by foreign powers to meet their needs.

They have always won and will continue to win in the future, because they don’t think battle or war as a result oriented struggle, they consider TIME as the ultimate weapon.
You give too much credence to a bunch of sheep shagging mountain hill billys

NasNY

You give too much credence to a bunch of sheep shagging mountain hill billys
Taliban that fought the Russians are no longer alive, the Taliban that fought the American 20 years ago are no longer in power, The Taliban today in their mid 40s and 30s. Were teens 20 years ago.

It is not the Taliban, it’s a ethnic mindset of retreat waiting out the enemy. Simple minded people like the Klingons. The tribal ethnic population known as the Taliban need another 100 years to be a productive members of countries.

Last edited:

Spartacus

“Talbans” are those who were Afghan students , studying in Madarsas of Pakistan/Afghanistan border area.
Once one of the student taken hostage by one of Afghan local commander.
One of the teacher named Mullah Umer , who also fought against Russia , managed to organize a LUSHKER ( Group of fighter ) and got freedom for that kid .
This was the first win of TALBAN .
Rest is the history. !!!!!!
American intellectuals if they really want to learn about Talban and Afghanistan and Arabs , must read several books of a German writer named “ Peter Scholl Latour” .
If the don’t have , I can borrow them ;) !!!!

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
it’s a ethnic mindset of retreat waiting out the enemy.
Like I said you give them too credence. There was no or has been any strategic waiting, they have been at it continuously day in and day out, it was how capable they were doing what they do.

They are like pitbulls, all they know and want to do is fight all the time.

NasNY

Like I said you give them too credence. There was no or has been any strategic waiting, they have been at it continuously day in and day out, it was how capable they were doing what they do.

They are like pitbulls, all they know and want to do is fight all the time.
Like Biden said I don’t want to commit another generation to war.

gengis khan armies lost because of time.

Patience is a simple art which they have learned over centuries. I will always give them credit for that

Mughal1

zillato ruswayee aise insaanu ka muqaddar hai aur rahe gi jinhune asal deene islam se khud ko anjaan rakha huwa hai. For better understanding of what knowledge is and where it comes from see HERE. For better understanding of deen of islam from the quran see HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE and HERE.