Terrorism vs Self Defence...

desan

President (40k+ posts)
The construction material goes there from Israel. Egypt has completely sealed the border from their side since Fatah left the Gaza Strip.

That's a boon for their economy then, as doubt they will pay for the reconstruction...
If anything, they may eke out some land to build ultra right wing outposts there!!!

They have completely cut off the territories, their movements are restricted, their water and electricity are rationed, their houses are demolished on a daily basis for concocted reasons, and they use their bodies for target practicing!!!

Still don't understand "why they hate us"!!!

desan

President (40k+ posts)
I support Israel in general because I believe both Jews and Palestinians have a right to Israel. But what I dont like is why does one group have a country and the other doesn't if both agree in principle that both have a right to the land?

Palestinians live under Israeli occupation in West Bank, either give them the rights that Israeli citizens get with voting rights healthcare, water and other things. Or give them their country. Cant have it both ways. Thats what bothers me about this. I dont care about Zionism or Palestinian nationalism, I care more about the human rights on both side of the border.

There is a simple reason...
Greed for land.

Will not be surprised if they have mapped out some land in Jordan and Syria as well.

desan

President (40k+ posts)
They have given away more than half of the territory they captured since 1967 in exchange for peace. You have to give credit where due.

There maybe several reasons, but doubt very much if it was for peace...

This is a land hungry and blood thirsty Rogue State.

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
There maybe several reasons, but doubt very much if it was for peace...

This is a land hungry and blood thirsty Rogue State.

Camp David was for peace. I always thought Arabs won Yom Kippur war but after studying it more closely, Arabs performed much better than 1967 wars but by the end of it Israel had Egypt by the balls and was stone throw away from Cairo and Damascus. They did not have to return Sinai but they did. The Israeli lead ship of that time showed great humility by doing that.

Later they even left South Lebonan, Gaza and parts of West Bank.

I don’t think Israel is great territorial ambitions, they just want to keep their main territory save and has occupied territories as buffers. But they have ambitions over Jerusalem and Judea/West bank because those are historical Jewish territories.

When UN divided Israel and Palestine, they have historic Palestinian Territories to Israel, and historic Jewish territories to Palestine.

desan

President (40k+ posts)
Camp David was for peace. I always thought Arabs won Yom Kippur war but after studying it more closely, Arabs performed much better than 1967 wars but by the end of it Israel had Egypt by the balls and was stone throw away from Cairo and Damascus. They did not have to return Sinai but they did.

As mentioned before, could be some tactical or other reasons but highly doubt if it was for peace...

Vitamin_C

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
As mentioned before, could be some tactical or other reasons but highly doubt if it was for peace...

There is no other tactical reason to give away half of the territory you occupy. It’s Israel’s official policy to occupy land and return it for peace.