The case of wrong candidate - NA122 some hindsights

MHAMZA

Minister (2k+ posts)
I would like to share with you all my take on the recent elections in NA122

Abdul Aleem Khan lost out to Sardar Ayaz Sadiq with a narrow margin of 2500 odd votes. What is being said now is that there was some mismanagement and not all of the votes in the constituency were harvested due to late arrival of women polling agents or change in polling lists etc etc.

To me the reason for the defeat is simple, the candidate was wrong not because he lacked the skills or was unaware of the electioneering process or that he lacked funds to run an effective campaign but rather he is notorious of being part of the land mafia of Lahore and has the history of getting acquitted from NAB after returning billions of rupees to EOBI.

I am not saying that there is tangible and undeniable proof of his corruption but simply that he has a bad reputation and it would have been in the best tradition of PTI not to have fielded a candidate with a bad reputation.

I would like to give weight to my argument by bring to your attention the results of by-elections in Peshawar NA-1 and Mianwali NA-71 both had been won by Imran Khan but later due to bad candidates both seats were lost.
Here in NA122 the margin was less just because it became a PML-N versus PTI match were the candidates individual merits or demerits became a secondary contributor to the heat of the competition.

Only the edge could have been achieved not by spending more money but by fielding a candidate with good reputation having the full support of local PTI members and able to draw out the voters who apparently did not come out to vote for either of the two contestants.

Lastly spending so much money did not win Abdul Aleem Khan the election since it was an urban seat where he has been an MPA before. Almost everyone knows both the candidates by face and the over exposure through banners, buntings and hoardings gave the impression that Abdul Aleem Khan has millions of ill gotten money since it is being so wastefully and thoughtlessly spent !!!

This I believe was counterproductive, it would have been far more effective had he gifted one new 70cc bike to every PTI razakar of his constituency and promised financial support to PTI students and women workers etc.

Just as a hindsight the results would have been more favorable had Shoaib Siddiqui contested the NA122 and PP147 would have been contested by our dear Abdul Aleem Khan incase there was no clean soul available in all of PTI.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeoG

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Helloooooo
margin of victory is not 2500 votes but 55,500 votes
53000 Jaali + 2500 Asli, or you tell us there was no Dhanli in 2013 ...

farooq22

Minister (2k+ posts)
Can not comment on him. He is choice of Pappu Niazi, who contributed huge from his HARAM income to SKMH and Pasha Party.

Rest can be discussed as one thinking, but this quote has proved well true "HARAM KI INCOME HARAM MEIN JATI H"

Baki raha victory margin, Pakistan 1992 World Cup Javed Miandad, Aqib Javed, Amir Suhail or Rameez Raja ki mehnat sy 22 runs sy jeeta, 10 Wickets ya 100+ runs sy nahi

Okara mein to Sohana ki Zamanat zabat hui

abdullah.drs

Senator (1k+ posts)
O bhai muft main sarian mat maaro...Shoaib Saddiqui ko bhi vote Aleem Khan ka he para hai...Voter lists were rigged as accepted by Ayaz Sadiq today..Baqee govt kay against itna close jana ,its aleem khan's efforts

PIND-WALA

I would like to add that PTI forum members must come to terms and accept it as a defeat instead of coming up with new threads here n there making a case for another rigging. Offcourse they did their best to get result in their own favour. But PTI had full oppertunity to use their mind and employ best strategy. There were 2 factors for the loss. Aleem was an outsider not local and had a bad reputation.
Another thing that PTI leadrship needs to change is the perception in the minds of people. It does not change from bad to good just because IK said so and there is no active NAB case on someone. In Pakistan there is hardly any real justice , there is never really a closure on important issues so the perception in people' s minds is reality.

remykhan

Selection of candidate should be scrutinised more effectively and take a general survey before awarding ticket. Member from Okara was a blunder made by Shah mehmood. Next time round this task should not be given to him, there should be a member selection committee which can look into constituencies and assess for a right person.

eye-eye-PTI

Aleem Khan was the right choice for this seat, He ran his campaign very well, he fought with the state machinery, faced the gullus of PML N bravely, all he needed was a small push from voters.

Had Imran Khan been there on election day we would have easily defeated them despite the distribution of wrong voter lists. Imran Khan sahab ko pata nahee kya takleef thee jo uss din Lahore main nahee tikkay ... na he polling stations pe gaye, agar logon ko pata chalta k he is visiting the polling stations log sirf dekhnay k liye he douray chalay atay aor sath votes b cost ker jatay.

Khan sahab ka masla he yehee hai ke poora match zabardast khailtay hain leiken fattah se pehlay bahir jaa ke beth jatay hain.

Iss sab k bawajood All credit goes to PTI Lahore team, CH Sharwar, Shoaib Siddiqui, Fouzia Kasuri and Aleem Khan himself.

Last edited:

Talwar Gujjar

No, not quite. It is not just a wrong candidate but a wrong party, especially its double faced leader. He can never quit jhoot and badmouthing. He does not have a program or a message. It is not enough to say others are chor and luteray. You have to project your own agenda. He seems to be just an agent of the rich and powerful. That is not good enough. He is simply not cast for public representation.

abdullah.drs

Senator (1k+ posts)
Aleem Khan was the right choice for this seat, He ran his campaign very well, he fought with the state machinery, faced the gullus of PML N bravely, all he needed was a small push from voters.

Had Imran Khan been there on election day we would have easily defeated them despite the distribution of wrong voter lists. Imran Khan sahab ko pata nahee kya takleef thee jo uss din Lahore main nahee tikkay ... na he polling stations pe gaye, agar logon ko pata chalta k he is visiting the polling stations log sirf dekhnay k liye he douray chalay atay aor sath votes b cost ker jatay.

Khan sahab ka masla he yehee hai ke poora match zabardast khailtay hain leiken fattah se pehlay bahir jaa ke beth jatay hain.

Iss sab k bawajood All credit goes to PTI Lahore team, CH Sharwar, Shoaib Siddiqui, Fouzia Kasuri and Aleem Khan himself.

IK ajata yahan tau Ch Sarwer nay jin leaders ki duty polling stations pe lagai thee unhun nay mun utha kay IK kay peechay peechay ajana tha...PP ki seat bhi chali jani thi aur margin 30,000 ka ho jana tha...jo voter sirf isliye nai nikla kay IK nai hai yahan they deserve Shaaiiirrrrr

Sher_ka_Shakari

Senator (1k+ posts)

I agree with you. Particularly IK ko pata nahin kon sey chamoonay lartey hein that he runs to Bani Gala. Begum k bena nahin SOOO sakta toh usay Lahore bula leta.

Couple very easy things and this -2400 vote Margin would have become + 2400 in favour of PTI.

1) IK presence in Lahore after the last jalsa till polling day.
2) Better coordination with Jamat-i-Islami to get there hardcore votes cast in favour of PTI.

Hussain1967

I agree with you. Particularly IK ko pata nahin kon sey chamoonay lartey hein that he runs to Bani Gala. Begum k bena nahin SOOO sakta toh usay Lahore bula leta.

Couple very easy things and this -2400 vote Margin would have become + 2400 in favour of PTI.

1) IK presence in Lahore after the last jalsa till polling day.
2) Better coordination with Jamat-i-Islami to get there hardcore votes cast in favour of PTI.

I agree to your first point, but disagree with the second. You can never convince hardcore JI voter to vote for PTI. Jamat-ul-mu*nafiqeen thinks PTI as westernized party (i.e. naach gaana) and Noon Leak as conservative party (Islami zehan rakhnay walay!!). In Punjab, they have and will always prefer to align with Noon than PTI. The earlier PTI knows this hard fact, better it will be for it.

Sher_ka_Shakari

Senator (1k+ posts)
I agree to your first point, but disagree with the second. You can never convince hardcore JI voter to vote for PTI. Jamat-ul-mu*nafiqeen thinks PTI as westernized party (i.e. naach gaana) and Noon Leak as conservative party (Islami zehan rakhnay walay!!). In Punjab, they have and will always prefer to align with Noon than PTI. The earlier PTI knows this hard fact, better it will be for it.

I wrote the second point because i personally know several people some are friends some in my mohala who are hardcore jamat islami members and i know in the past when party leadership has asked them to vote for someone else they did vote even against there will.

Even if no jamat islami, the presence of IK alone is more than enough to change that defeat to victory but kya karein. Bani Gala ke taraf reh reh kar baghta hai Kaptan