The cricketing hysteria

hassam

MPA (400+ posts)
The anticipation and prepartion for tomorrow's game between Pakistan and India is a clear example of how a nation can be made hostage by its passion. It will be worth a while to count how many forum posts and how many facebook/twitter posts have been made in the last few days about one team or the other.

Is it the most important issue that both nations are battling with? The end of the battle will be pride of one of the nations but it will not resolve any of the unsurmountable daily issues that both the nations have failed to handle in the last several decades. So much energy and passion is being wasted just for one game.

I do not know what the result of the game is going to be and I would love to see Pakistan win the game but then what? We will again loose complete focus. Sometimes I really believe that this world cup is another consipracy against this nation. If Pakitan wins tomorrow's game, we will keep celebrating it for months untill we are met with another point of shame and shamble.

Pakistanies are famous as zindadil in other nations of sub continent but that zindadili is not helping us in getting a right direction and focus as an Ummat. I know that a game between Pakistan and India brings all the sects and casts together but I wish we had that much faith in our deen too. I wish we can be togehter to fight against all the evils in our country and I wish we can be together against all our politicians and chase them out of our home land.