The weird discrimination of overseas Pakistani is beyond stupid

alis

MPA (400+ posts)
In recent months, due to real inflation comparisons and passage of bills for the voting rights of overseas Pakistanis, an argument has emerged that somehow overseas Pakistanis are oblivious to the ground realities of Pakistan and in a way should not be included in the national political debate.

This argument is beyond foolish due to many reasons but I will list a few.

1. Someone being outside of Pakistan does not mean that he or she has no concern or worry for the well-being of their country. Most overseas Pakistanis have a close family, property and all kinds of connections with Pakistan, yes, maybe some Pakistanis have forgotten their roots but more than 99% of the people still call Pakistan their real home.
  2. The fallacy of thinking that if you are sitting in Pakistan somehow you are more eligible to understand the problems our country is facing. This idea is really funny because people don't realize that the expat Pakistanis are comparatively more interested in the ongoings in Pakistan. Yes someone sitting in Pakistan is impacted more by a problem but it does not mean that he has more understanding of that issue, It just means that he's more impacted. It is the same way as a patient feels the pain more than the doctor but it does not mean that he understands the disease better than the doctor. Of course, overseas Pakistanis are not the doctors but at least they are interested and invested in this country so diminishing their role would be foolish.
  3. I can argue that somehow overseas Pakistanis have a more substantive understanding of Pakistani problems because they have seen how things can be done right so they know how things are being done wrong and this makes them even more eligible to be part of the national debate.
  4. If you compare, academically, a huge number of expat Pakistanis are people who are experts in their own fields, They are scientists, doctors, engineers, successful businessmen, and all sort of other impactful professions. On AVERAGE expat Pakistanis are more likely to be more educated and more professionally successful than a Pakistani in Pakistan so giving a platform to a comparatively expert group in the national debate is always a good idea rather than shunning them to the sidelines.
  5. I also think that these seeds of division between inland Pakistanis and expat Pakistanis were sown by some parts of our media and those who are themselves mostly invested in the UK, US, and Dubai but somehow they don't want normal expat Pakistanis to be politically involved in Pakistan.

Will_Bite

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Pak airlines are alive due to expats.
Pak banks are solvent due to expats
Pak federation is solvent due to expats.
The argument against their voting rights is beyond stupid. Expats are allowed to fly in and vote. So why can't they vote from overseas? Either block their votes and cancel their ID cards, or let them vote. Can't have it both ways

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
In recent months, due to real inflation comparisons and passage of bills for the voting rights of overseas Pakistanis, an argument has emerged that somehow overseas Pakistanis are oblivious to the ground realities of Pakistan and in a way should not be included in the national political debate.

This argument is beyond foolish due to many reasons but I will list a few.

1. Someone being outside of Pakistan does not mean that he or she has no concern or worry for the well-being of their country. Most overseas Pakistanis have a close family, property and all kinds of connections with Pakistan, yes, maybe some Pakistanis have forgotten their roots but more than 99% of the people still call Pakistan their real home.
  2. The fallacy of thinking that if you are sitting in Pakistan somehow you are more eligible to understand the problems our country is facing. This idea is really funny because people don't realize that the expat Pakistanis are comparatively more interested in the ongoings in Pakistan. Yes someone sitting in Pakistan is impacted more by a problem but it does not mean that he has more understanding of that issue, It just means that he's more impacted. It is the same way as a patient feels the pain more than the doctor but it does not mean that he understands the disease better than the doctor. Of course, overseas Pakistanis are not the doctors but at least they are interested and invested in this country so diminishing their role would be foolish.
  3. I can argue that somehow overseas Pakistanis have a more substantive understanding of Pakistani problems because they have seen how things can be done right so they know how things are being done wrong and this makes them even more eligible to be part of the national debate.
  4. If you compare, academically, a huge number of expat Pakistanis are people who are experts in their own fields, They are scientists, doctors, engineers, successful businessmen, and all sort of other impactful professions. On AVERAGE expat Pakistanis are more likely to be more educated and more professionally successful than a Pakistani in Pakistan so giving a platform to a comparatively expert group in the national debate is always a good idea rather than shunning them to the sidelines.
  5. I also think that these seeds of division between inland Pakistanis and expat Pakistanis were sown by some parts of our media and those who are themselves mostly invested in the UK, US, and Dubai but somehow they don't want normal expat Pakistanis to be politically involved in Pakistan.
Asay kafai saray patwari yahan bhi mujood hain, un mein se awwal number raja chawal 420 ka hai

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Pak airlines are alive due to expats.
Pak banks are solvent due to expats
Pak federation is solvent due to expats.
The argument against their voting rights is beyond stupid. Expats are allowed to fly in and vote. So why can't they vote from overseas? Either block their votes and cancel their ID cards, or let them vote. Can't have it both ways
Hamaray paisay khanay ke liye to line mein sub ke agay hain, lekin kahin ghalti se koi bunyadi huqooq na mil jaaien.

Jibraeel

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
OS Pakistanis will vote on the basis of the impression they'll make through media. Now c'mon! does media reflect reality?
Giving right of vote to OS Pakistanis is a desperate move of PTI to remain in power, and is against our national interest.
If establishment is behind this, then history will hold Bajwa responsible for not only the PTI debacle but for the OS Voting mess up as well.

alis

MPA (400+ posts)
OS Pakistanis will vote on the basis of the impression they'll make through media. Now c'mon! does media reflect reality?
Giving right of vote to OS Pakistanis is a desperate move of PTI to remain in power, and is against our national interest.
If establishment is behind this, then history will hold Bajwa responsible for not only the PTI debacle but for the OS Voting mess up as well.
wow, this is stupid, do you think that somehow a guy sitting in Charsadda or Tharparker knows better than someone sitting outside Pakistan only by virtue of Geographic location?
For example, I know a lot about US politics, I know their history and society, I have never been to the US but I know a lot more about the US compared to any run-of-the-mill American because I made it my business to know about things. In short, you know about things that you are interested in, if you are a Pakistani living in Pakistan with no curiosity of understanding, you are far worse than a laborer who is working in Saudi Arabia because now he has at least the ability to compare the two countries for better or worse.

umer

Minister (2k+ posts)
Sunta ja sharmata ja. Some ppl are just another level . Allah pak aqal day. Ameen

Aliimran1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

ahaseeb

Minister (2k+ posts)
Most interesting thing is that Pakistanis will accept IMF terms just for 1B loans while overseas Pakistani advise is haram even despite their stakes in Pakistan as well 30B in remittances

hkniazi

Minister (2k+ posts)
These sinister politicians and stupid ass Media Personal already watch their old days gone and now slowly loosing hope of them ever coming back, so spreading false ideas in every way they find possible. They look so desperate by each passing day.

aqibarain

Minister (2k+ posts)
shut up you idiot patwari. we don't watch single media or source...

Jibraeel

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
wow, this is stupid, do you think that somehow a guy sitting in Charsadda or Tharparker knows better than someone sitting outside Pakistan only by virtue of Geographic location?
For example, I know a lot about US politics, I know their history and society, I have never been to the US but I know a lot more about the US compared to any run-of-the-mill American because I made it my business to know about things. In short, you know about things that you are interested in, if you are a Pakistani living in Pakistan with no curiosity of understanding, you are far worse than a laborer who is working in Saudi Arabia because now he has at least the ability to compare the two countries for better or worse.

That is also stupid and is true for all democracies worldwide where a begger equals a phd doctor, so even if you were in the US, you knowing about the history or system doesn't matter and ignorants will always outnumber you.
The point is, OS Pakistani's do not have a stake and won't get effected or affected by the choices they make in Pakistan.

aqibarain

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hey! You idiot! Imran Khan Worshipping youthiyay!
Do you have a counter argument or you just wanted to increase the post count?

ok chutiiay, his argument is that we watch media which is sold out to Maryam nawaz (claimed by herself) and we vote for Imran khan... khota biryani k nashai patwario kahan si laty ho yah logic???

hawkkhan

MPA (400+ posts)
When is come to support family overseas send money to Pakistan. Things getting expensive every where and OS Pakistani who support families in Pakistan they are getting effected both side OS and in Pakistan.
Eid send fitrana and zakat to Pakisran
Eid ul Adha send Qurbani money to Pakistan.
Constructing home in Pakistan and employ local people.
Any charity, sadqa send to Pakistan.
Paying wealth tax on car and house in Pakistan. During any big crises like earth quake I have seen OS Pakistani women bringing their whole jewelry to send to Pakistan.
Pay CAA taxes for landing in Pakistan.
Many Pakistani are doing businesses and more bringing money in Pakistan to do businesses.
Now days most of OS Pakistani are promoting Pakistan for tourism so that Pakistani businesses like restaurents, hotels, transport, industries can gain.
Even with bad service OS Pakistani prefer to use PIA to pay and support our own Airline.
We prefer to buy only Pakistani brands just to support Pakistan economy from clothing to even house hold groceries.

And we fight (legally) on blogs, forums, protests, parliaments for Pakistan.
Inshallah We will never stop supporting Pakistan and our people, does not matter what stupid logics few people have about our stake or share.

WE BLEED GREEN.

Pakistan Zindabad

Spartacus

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
And now even Pmln-n chief incharge ( in real ) with his most of the family members out side Pakistan got the power to change in Pakistan with his and his families votes .
“Vote Ko Izzzat Doo “

tempting

Councller (250+ posts)
It is very easy. Start hashtag #NoVoteNoDollars and you will get voting rights within days. My personal plan is real simple, if they do not give me voting rights in next elections, I will send remittances but stop investing in Pakistan. I invested a reasonable sum in the last 3 years to support PTI government

baalti

Minister (2k+ posts)
bhai masla bohat simple hai...

90% of the people that leave the bubble of Pakistan and visit outside and are exposed to the better: economic conditions, developments, rules and regulations, politics, equality, inclusiveness, rights, education, and mainly SYSTEM. Their eyes are finally opened to what is lacking, wrong and messed up in Pakistan. Also, these OSP's are mostly educated, position holderd and decent to well off and literally drive the Pak economy, without their support (direct or indirect) Pak economy would collapse any given day/year.

Why does their voting rights hurt or bother the status quo?

Beacause they can see through the bullshit, incompetence, and corruption of these laggar baggars and leeches whom are sitting in our parliament, media, courts, beurocrats, and any other meaningfull fields. Even some of the PTI ppl are corrupt to the core, and are hiding under IK's banner. I am a PTI supporter not because its the best political party but because its the lesser of the evils right now and ahead by a fair margin.

So why would they allow us to vote and ruin/cripple their corrupt system which feeds them. The biggest advantage they have is that they can easily manipulate the brain-drained-poor-desparate public with any nonsense.

Now EVM will simply expose the opposition, however, wait and watch the mega fkery and dramas they will pull to make evm system come across as problamatic or broken. Their corrupt ways and positions depend on it.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
My 2 cent on this is that Pakistan should stop Getting $$$ from overseas if they are not agreed votting to overseas.

If IMF can dictate Pak for just giving loan 2 BN $$$, then why overseas Pakistanis can't vote if they send over 30 BN $$ to Pakistanis?