TLP chief Saad Rizvi released from Lahore's Kot Lakhpat jail

AhmadSaleem264

Minister (2k+ posts)
Saad Hussain Rizvi, the chief of the recently proscribed Tehreek-i-Labbaik Pakistan (TLP), was released from Kot Lakhpat jail on Tuesday.

The development was confirmed to Dawn.com by the public relations officer of the Punjab prisons department.

Shortly after being released, Rizvi reached Yateem Khana Chowk where he is expected to address his supporters.

His release came hours before a National Assembly session was scheduled to take place to vote on the expulsion of the French ambassador — one of the key demands of the party.

On April 12, the government had arrested Rizvi after he demanded that the federal government expel the ambassador of France over blasphemous caricatures depicting Holy Prophet (peace be upon him).

The government had reached an agreement with the TLP on Nov 16 last year to involve parliament in order to decide the matter in three months. As the Feb 16 deadline neared, the government had expressed its inability to implement the agreement and had sought more time. The TLP agreed to delay its protest by two-and-a-half months to April 20.

Last week, Saad Rizvi, in a video message, had asked TLP workers to be ready to launch the long march if government failed to meet the deadline. The move had prompted the government to arrest him on April 12.

Police had swooped on Rizvi at around 2pm on Wahdat Road in Lahore where he had gone to attend a funeral. Outraged, the TLP had issued a call for countrywide protests. Within the next few hours, protesters took to the streets in Lahore and blocked the Grand Trunk Road on a number of points.

Read: Why could PTI not manage TLP challenge?

All main cities like Lahore, Gujranwala, Islamabad and Peshawar were cut off from each other and the rest of the country. The activists held sit-ins at various points in Hyderabad and Sukkur. They blocked highways, motorways and train tracks, disrupting life in a better part of the country and causing violence as protesters clashed with police at many places.

The violence claimed several lives and left hundreds injured before the government announced on April 15 it had decided to ban the TLP under the anti-terrorism law.

https://twitter.com/x/status/1384431476628885514
Source

Islamabadiya

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Dumb ass PTI has made him a hero for his followers overnight. The fame he has got in a matter of few days is something he would be dreaming about.

I just can’t understand what’s wrong with PTI, it’s leader and it’s die hard followers. Stupidity after stupidity after stupidity and no one there to question them.

I guess these are the rewards of Hybrid system: get away with anything.

SKT

Citizen
What a big brain fart from Pakistani govt. This cartoon has been made a credible religious tekadaar for the coming ages with an army of Jaahils at his disposal. This is enough for me to give up on Pakistan's future.

Islamabadi1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Hahahaha! PTI government of jokers releases the head of a group it designated a "terror organization" within 7 days of declaring them a terror outfit ! Another Uturn ! Hahaha.....there is no limit to their stupidity. And as I predicted all arrested TLP miscreants will go free scot free. No cases for destroying public property. No convictions. No Accountability for blocking roads. Since each time they go free....it emboldens them for the next dharna (Coming up in few months). They canc ontinue blocking ambulances next time as well....they will all be released. As I always said this PTI is the curse of God upon us....

Diabetes

MPA (400+ posts)
Pakistani Assembly's majority is jahil just like majority of awam is jahil. I am afraid, they gonna vote for expulsion of Ambassidor of France.

Immu123

Senator (1k+ posts)
Pti ney is ko bhi hero bana dya jis tarah shaikh mujeeb ur Rehman ko bhutto ney arrest ker k hero banaya tha.

pti intehai chotya jamat hey ya phir army is ko kutte ki tarah zaleel kerwa

maraheel

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Is mamlay main PTI or is hakomat ko kasoor war thairany walay .. plz apny girbano main apny khandano main apnay mahoaloo main apni masjido main apny ilakon main apny shahro main bhi ek nazar dalin .... jo mamlat chir gaye thay un ko sambhalna kisi kay bas main nahi tha ... yah har ghar main same aqedy kay log hain .... hamaray mashray main ilm ki kami is noyat ki hay insan madarsay say parha ho yah school say agar ishi mind frame say hay tu ap sun ko na kuch samjh saktay hain or na un say kisi kisam ki negotiation kar saktayhain .... ham muslamano say agar kuch bat manwani ho tu akhir main insan ALLAH or RASOOL ka hi wasta diata hay wo yahan tu wo case hain jahan kisi ka wasta nahi chalay ga bat samjhany kay liya ... phir MashaALLAH Pakistan main dushmano ki or Pakistan say dushmani kany walo ki kami nahi ... har TV channel har siyasi party har masjid mambar say laa tadad log daramad ho jatay hain .. jo har waqt muntazir rahtay hian asay haloto ky jin say faida othaya jaye .... or is piyaray mulk Pakistan or is main basnay walay masoom na samjh qoom ko or hamari Pak fauj ko is mulk ki mayshyat or tarki ki raftar ko noksan pohnchyaa jaye .... hamain kuch nahi karna sirf apny apny girabano jhankan hay jawab hamare pas hay

knowledge88

tlp-3.png

AhmadSaleem264

Minister (2k+ posts)
We all know the strings are being pulled from GHQ. In 2019 they culminated the dharna and disappeared khadim rizvi in no time. This time the goal was to make them the hero. Kamran khan tweets also gave the indication that GHQ wants a new hero. Poor PTI establishment just made a fool out of them.

Aslan

He should have been charged for murder,arson,looting,destroying public and private property and challenging the writ of the state.If I was in power I would have hanged him or jailed him for life.There is ample evidence to prove him guilty.PTI government has caved in like all previous governments.He is going to blackmail the government and make more demands in future.