Urdu medium

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
AOA!

I have no objection to the occasional use of Urdu language in our threads and discussions, but it's a pain to see that some of us don't even know which thread to CLICK on, since even the HEADINGS and CAPTIONS on main page lately have been Urdu language dominated.

One has to click every single thread to see what the content is about, by reading some of the comments in English.

I'd request please, that some of us are very much Pakistanis without Urdu language proficiency, to kindly allow us some easier fare here and at least keep the headings and captions in English.

No offense intended..

Just a humble request

Thanks..

Resilient

Minister (2k+ posts)

Use this for better understanding

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
Bro, your English language proficiency is no different than Urdu ?
No issue at all, I've just enjoyed being here since long, but when one can't grasp the goings the option of gracefully exiting is course open for one..

I just requested titles/headings in English.

Majority of the people use English in SMS and WhatsApp chats, what's the issue here.. ?

Thanks for your understanding. ??

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
If you're PTI fanboy, no matter what thread you go to LITTROL is ON
That's where the degrading actually is..

Even a simple question /request has to be split between two camps.. ??

Didn't want to begin this, but now tempted by you to ask, patwaari? ???

Amawas7

Citizen
Lol. As far as I can remember this is your 237th thread on this subject.

اردو بول انگریز کے بچے۔۔۔۔
?

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
Lol. As far as I can remember this is your 237th thread on this subject.

اردو بول انگریز کے بچے۔۔۔۔
?
Lol!

Would like to see your next 237 posts in Urdu as well... ??

Bro... I didn't say or ask not to use Urdu, only requested titles in English like in good ole days here.

At least the surfing between content could be easier.

Let's not make it a war of words...

Just stick to the essence of what's requested..

Amawas7

Citizen
Lol!

Bro... I didn't say or ask not to use Urdu, only requested titles in English like in good ole days here.

Chill.....was just pulling your leg...?

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
AOA!

I have no objection to the occasional use of Urdu language in our threads and discussions, but it's a pain to see that some of us don't even know which thread to CLICK on, since even the HEADINGS and CAPTIONS on main page lately have been Urdu language dominated.

One has to click every single thread to see what the content is about, by reading some of the comments in English.

I'd request please, that some of us are very much Pakistanis without Urdu language proficiency, to kindly allow us some easier fare here and at least keep the headings and captions in English.

No offense intended..

Just a humble request

Thanks..
Yeah this place has become too Urdu-centeric hence one of the reasons for my diminished participation. I can read urdu but not as "fluently" as I would like to. Takes me a second to get to it. What annoys me is when English words are written out in Urdu. Here I am trying to figure out what this word spells turn out its an English word "spelt" badly in Urdu.

Anyways I don't complain as I understand it's a Pakistani forum. Although I have employed a few tools to make it easier though. My browser is set to automatically translate, as well as change the most annoying ( to me ) yet the most popular for some reason among urdu users ( including print media ) the Nastaliq font to a more legible and more civilized font. Lets say if my reading proficiency is 6 or 7 but if written in that god awful nastaliq font, it goes down to 3 or 4. To me, looks like somebody dropped black noodles on paper, just a jumbled mess.

alis

MPA (400+ posts)
Lol!

bro asking others to change their behaviour is not going to work, you have to find your won workarounds.

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
99% people are urdu speaking here

you should learn urdu
Leave it. The 98 percent sms and WhatsApp Urdu in Roman letters..

At least headings/titles on this forum could be in English..

They used to be.

I disagree with you. A website with a www should not be language constricted...its a world wide web, isn't it?

Glock

Senator (1k+ posts)
Yeah this place has become too Urdu-centeric hence one of the reasons for my diminished participation. I can read urdu but not as "fluently" as I would like to. Takes me a second to get to it. What annoys me is when English words are written out in Urdu. Here I am trying to figure out what this word spells turn out its an English word "spelt" badly in Urdu.

Anyways I don't complain as I understand it's a Pakistani forum. Although I have employed a few tools to make it easier though. My browser is set to automatically translate, as well as change the most annoying ( to me ) yet the most popular for some reason among urdu users ( including print media ) the Nastaliq font to a more legible and more civilized font. Lets say if my reading proficiency is 6 or 7 but if written in that god awful nastaliq font, it goes down to 3 or 4. To me, looks like somebody dropped black noodles on paper, just a jumbled mess.

Thanks... Finally someone who agrees..?

Ditto... Same here. My lesser participation lately also due to this..

You open the site and then get blindfolded from the very front page..

Urdu discussion, no issue..

I repeat, at least the titles could be in international language.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Thanks... Finally someone who agrees..?

Ditto... Same here. My lesser participation lately also due to this..

You open the site and then get blindfolded from the very front page..

Urdu discussion, no issue..

I repeat, at least the titles could be in international language.
I also think it's to attract more patwari members as majority are khota biryani products and can hardly read Urdu let alone anything else.