US objects to the Pak-China Nuclear Deal.

hkniazi

Minister (2k+ posts)
Washington objects to China-Pakistan nuclear deal

The Obama administration has decided to object to a lucrative deal in which a state-owned Chinese companies would supply Pakistan with two nuclear reactors, U.S. officials said.

The deal is expected to be discussed next week at a meeting in New Zealand of the 46-nation Nuclear Suppliers Group, which monitors such transactions. Experts had said it appears to be a violation of international guidelines forbidding nuclear exports to countries that have not signed onto the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty or do not have international safeguards on reactors. Pakistan has not signed the treaty.

China has suggested the sale is grandfathered from before it joined the NSG in 2004, because it was completing work on two earlier reactors for Pakistan at the time. But U.S. officials disagree.

"Additional nuclear cooperation with Pakistan beyond those specific projects that were grandfathered in 2004 would require consensus approval" by the NSG, a U.S. official said, speaking on condition of anonymity, "which we believe is extremely unlikely."

State Department spokesman Gordon DuGuid said the U.S. government "has reiterated to the Chinese government that the United States expects Beijing to cooperate with Pakistan in ways consistent with Chinese nonproliferation obligations."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/14/AR2010061404680.html

psycho1

MPA (400+ posts)
US, UK and these kind of countries including India, isreal. never supported they always objected China-Pak relationship on every extend. Death to these Terriorsts states. Pak-and china should go ahead with civiil nuclear deal and inshallah they will. they never bothered in the past about these dogs and will never bother in the future

sshahid

Siasat.pk - Blogger
US, UK and these kind of countries including India, isreal. never supported they always objected China-Pak relationship on every extend. Death to these Terriorsts states. Pak-and china should go ahead with civiil nuclear deal and inshallah they will. they never bothered in the past about these dogs and will never bother in the future

well, with the current leadership who licks jootey of their western masters, anything is possible.

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)

I second that motion

gazoomartian

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
US has long history of opposing anything Pakistan does. But its in perfect harmony with the US if our army bombs FATA and north Waz.

And whats more, two weeks ago I farted and got a call from US that I shouldn't have done that

:banghead:(buribaat)

samy99

Minister (2k+ posts)
US should not object the nuclear deal between pak and china when they have a deal with india-india did't sign the NPT so why the fuss over it for pakistan.Is US a real friend of pakistan,i dont think so.

psycho1

MPA (400+ posts)
IT IS common misunderstanding in pple of Pakistan that PPP pple can not go ahead with civil nuclear with china. If we remeber PPPP zulfikar Ali bhotoo was the first person who Started Nuclear technolgy in Pak and build a plant along with ppple like Dr Qadeer khan. latter on Benazir bhto was the second lady who bring about the Technonoly like Ghori Misslies. Thrdly baaber misslie and Jf 17 Thunder singied and brought by Nawaz sharif. It is a common propganada of pple like Musharaf that the army did everything. In fact army chiefs of Pak always failed in everthing. and harm Pak.
I am nhot a supporter of PPP. but this is the realiy sir. I support PTI.

digitalzygot

Senator (1k+ posts)
We need civil nuclear energy , it's out right why is US so worried about it, we are a free country and can do whetever we want to do and is best for our country ffs US get somethingelse to B***h about