What is the New Great Game in the Region?

jet_li

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
The Emergence of Afghan Taliban has created fears in the region. Therefore there are serious efforts made to bring peace in the region.

Due this development many players in region are now active to enagage Taliban in a meaningful way to have a peace in the region.

According to BBC:

The resurgent Taliban have taken more territory in Afghanistan in the last two months than at any time since they were ousted from power in 2001.
Over the last 20 years, the control map of Afghanistan has been an ever-changing canvas. Here, we look at the fluctuating picture of who controls which areas.
It appears the Taliban have been emboldened in recent weeks by the withdrawal of US troops - retaking many districts from government forces.
Research from the BBC Afghan service shows the militants now have a strong presence across the country, including in the north and north-east and central provinces like Ghazni and Maidan Wardak. They are also closing in on major cities such as Kunduz, Herat, Kandahar and Lashkar Gah.
Map showing areas of full Taliban or government control, updated 29 July 2021

Presentational white space

By control, we mean districts where the administrative centre, police headquarters and all other government institutions are controlled by the Taliban.
US troops and their Nato and regional allies forced the Taliban from power in November 2001. The group had been harbouring Osama Bin Laden and other al-Qaeda figures linked to the 11 September 2001 attacks in the US.

But despite a continued international presence in the region, billions of dollars of support and training for the Afghan government forces, the Taliban regrouped and gradually regained strength in more remote areas.
Their main areas of influence were around their traditional strongholds in the south and south-west - northern Helmand, Kandahar, Uruzgan, and Zabul provinces. But also, in the hills of southern Faryab in the north-west and the mountains of Badakhshan in the north east.
A BBC study in 2017 showed the Taliban were in full control of a number of districts. But the research also showed they were active in many other parts of the country, mounting weekly or monthly attacks in some areas, suggesting significantly higher strength than previous estimates.
Map showing areas of full Taliban or government control in 2017

Presentational white space

About 15 million people - half the population - were reported to be living in areas either controlled by the Taliban or where the Taliban were openly present and regularly mounted attacks against government forces.

For the details about Great Game
Please Watch this:

According to Dr. Ehsan
The writer is Dean of Social Sciences at Garrison University Lahore
001.jpg

Both Russia and China will not compromise on their national interests and both are most likely to continue to make effective use of diplomacy, information, military and economics as instruments that will lead their grand strategy in the Indo-Pacific region.

The Great Game is back and the Indian Ocean may continue to remain the geographical space where it will be contested, the ocean may continue to remain a commercial waterbody but more and more military machines and military platforms will be deployed in this geographical space by the powers not only to guard their individual spheres of influence but also to guard the commerce and trade for which this New Great Game will be played.

Sources:

Last edited:

Haha

Minister (2k+ posts)
اگر طالبان کو خطے میں امن قائم کرنا ہے تو طالبان کو چاہئے انڈینز کو واپس بھیجیں انڈیا
جو نہ جائیں انکا علاج طالبان کے پاس ہے
انڈیا کبھی نہیں چاہے گا کہ اس خطے امن قائم ہو

Kavalier

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
When I said few weeks ago about the new regional plan, most of the guys here laughed, some even quoted me with abusive words. I repeat here and as I said before, if we live long enough we will see in coming months and years, the plan is USA + Saudi + Talban + India against China + Iran with battleground in North Pakistan, North Afghanistan near the Chinese Border where there is a muslim majority province. The second battle ground would be the Afghan/Iran Border in Balochistan.

And things started to happen even in days, anyone remember the Dasu attack? Keep your fingers crossed and just observe how USA is going to use Talban THIS TIME.

P.S. Forgot to mention, that Pakistan fouj will once again make a bad choice, I hope they do not, but they will and you will see it in coming days.

jet_li

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
When I said few weeks ago about the new regional plan, most of the guys here laughed, some even quoted me with abusive words. I repeat here and as I said before, if we live long enough we will see in coming months and years, the plan is USA + Saudi + Talban + India against China + Iran with battleground in North Pakistan, North Afghanistan near the Chinese Border where there is a muslim majority province. The second battle ground would be the Afghan/Iran Border in Balochistan.

And things started to happen even in days, anyone remember the Dasu attack? Keep your fingers crossed and just observe how USA is going to use Talban THIS TIME.

P.S. Forgot to mention, that Pakistan fouj will once again make a bad choice, I hope they do not, but they will and you will see it in coming days.
Thank you for your analysis. You have the right to have your opinion. We can agree or disagree but I highly condemn personal attacks and abuse.

pinionated

Minister (2k+ posts)

Taliban is not a single entity anymore. There are groups in Taliban, which get influenced by various powers inside and outside the region. Pakistan’s goal should be to influence the majority and bring peace in the region. BTW, if what u r saying is true, that is China, Iran and Pakistan on one side, than it is impossible for any other power to influence Afghanistan, due to geographical and cultural reasons.

Kavalier

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Taliban is not a single entity anymore. There are groups in Taliban, which get influenced by various powers inside and outside the region. Pakistan’s goal should be to influence the majority and bring peace in the region. BTW, if what u r saying is true, that is China, Iran and Pakistan on one side, than it is impossible for any other power to influence Afghanistan, due to geographical and cultural reasons.
I did not include Pakistan along side China and Iran, mind it that I said that Pakistan generals will be again on the wrong side (which I obviously hope not happens).