What PTI should do now to ensure corruption free senate elections

HIDDEN

Minister (2k+ posts)
Supreme Court's verdict has put the ball in Election Commission's court to implement traceability of ballot papers in Senate Elections. Election Commission has the right to implement as per the constitution and the prevalent laws. We know that how religiously the EC opposed the traceability in the court. Anything is expected from EC even if it has assured the PTI's members that it would ensure traceability, it can go back on its words on 3rd of March.

Presidential ordinance was about the open ballot which has become null and void now. The ordinance was subject to the guidance of the supreme court anyway. Now that the court has guided the parties involved, and gave its opinion on the matter, it is clear that any subsequent ordinance that instructs the EC to implement traceability of ballot will not be in contradiction of the law, and there won't be any need to go to Supreme Court again one more time.

It is therefore in the interest of people of Pakistan, which elected candidates in 2018 general elections, to make the ballot traceable through an ordinance so that the people are able to know whom the members (elected with the votes of the people) have voted for in Senate Elections.

Time is short and President Arif Alvi should put the final nail in the coffin of PDM by issuing another ordinance that does not contradict the honorable Supreme Court's verdict.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Election commission will do nothing.
Yes a new ordinance is a good option but time is very short.

I hope election commission wake up at its own from pakoras of bhang.

Simple is parties should be in a position to put a complain to election commission in case of any inconsistency to the party position.

Election commission should do the investigation for that and should be able to disqualify any candidate in case selected.

HIDDEN

Minister (2k+ posts)
Election commission will do nothing.
Yes a new ordinance is a good option but time is very short.

I hope election commission wake up at its own from pakoras of bhang.

Simple is parties should be in a position to put a complain to election commission in case of any inconsistency to the party position.

Election commission should do the investigation for that and should be able to disqualify any candidate in case selected.
Government has one more day and an Ordinance can do what the EC is running away from.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
P ordinance was not for open ballet but was asking the advice of SC.

It was not declared Null and voide

ECP has to ensure the traceability otherwise after elections Govt can go to SC against ECP members for their Tauheene-Adalat and can disqualified them from their seats through SJ council. It is not easy for ECP to ignore the advice/ order of SC.

And govt had already went to ECP to implement the SC verdict. Today and tomorrow would be decisive.

Last edited:

HIDDEN

Minister (2k+ posts)
P ordinance was not for open ballet but was asking the advice of SC.

It was not declared Null and White.

ECP has to ensure the traceability otherwise after elections Govt can go to SC against ECP members for their Tauheene-Adalat and can disqualified them from their seats through SJ council. It is not easy for ECP to ignore the advice/ order of SC.

And govt had already went to ECP to implement the SC verdict. Today and tomorrow would be decisive.
I disagree. The ordinance was for the open balloting, but it was subject to the advice of the SC, as mentioned in my OP. The Ordinance is not null and void.

However, what I am afraid of is the way ECP will implement the SC's verdict. SC has given too much authority to EC to decide on how to implement traceability of the ballot.

I think another ordinance will force the EC to do the needful.

Fawad Javed

Minister (2k+ posts)
Supreme Court's verdict has put the ball in Election Commission's court to implement traceability of ballot papers in Senate Elections. Election Commission has the right to implement as per the constitution and the prevalent laws. We know that how religiously the EC opposed the traceability in the court. Anything is expected from EC even if it has assured the PTI's members that it would ensure traceability, it can go back on its words on 3rd of March.

Presidential ordinance was about the open ballot which has become null and void now. The ordinance was subject to the guidance of the supreme court anyway. Now that the court has guided the parties involved, and gave its opinion on the matter, it is clear that any subsequent ordinance that instructs the EC to implement traceability of ballot will not be in contradiction of the law, and there won't be any need to go to Supreme Court again one more time.

It is therefore in the interest of people of Pakistan, which elected candidates in 2018 general elections, to make the ballot traceable through an ordinance so that the people are able to know whom the members (elected with the votes of the people) have voted for in Senate Elections.

Time is short and President Arif Alvi should put the final nail in the coffin of PDM by issuing another ordinance that does not contradict the honorable Supreme Court's verdict.
they should do muk mukka just like they did in Punjab
I feel sorry for IK a) don't have 2/3 majority Q League and MQM keep on blackmailing
b) His incompetent team

Oppostion Is Mafia

Minister (2k+ posts)

What should anoher presidential election say?

Jazbaati

Minister (2k+ posts)
Make all thier own members provide photo evidence of who they voted for. That will at least ensure their own party hasn't been horse trading. All they have to do is take phone camera pic of the ballot paper before casting it.

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
I disagree. The ordinance was for the open balloting, but it was subject to the advice of the SC, as mentioned in my OP. The Ordinance is not null and void.

However, what I am afraid of is the way ECP will implement the SC's verdict. SC has given too much authority to EC to decide on how to implement traceability of the ballot.

I think another ordinance will force the EC to do the needful.

The ordinance says that the vote should be open and identifiable. And tej verdict also says the same that bollot should be identifiable...

The request from SC was also that that whether secrecy in article 226 is Absolute or not... For which SC says that it is not absolute.

And ordinance further says that some mechanism should be made that if Party leader request ECP to show the ballot. This traceable ballot is actually kind of open ballot like normal votes.

AZ1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Pti govt has done now if election is not free and fair then its ECP will be responsible and should be answerable to public as well as to the court. ECP should able to trace and use any require technology needed to make it sure it's free and fair.