Who was a traitor, Mujeeb or Bhutto?

The Sane

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Lately, this question has been raised and brain stormed about by many esteemed members of this community, with some perplexing, conflicting and confabulation statements passed on by a few. I am not a Bhutto glorifier as many on this forum know well from my past, but for the sake of enlightening many of the younger age, and setting the record straight, I want to open this forum. The question is whether or not it is sagacious to pass on the reigns of a nation to a person who is sold out to enemy, even if he won majority.

https://m.bdnews24.com/en/detail/Bangladesh/268877

Nice2MU

President (40k+ posts)
In my view all leaders and military was racist against Bangalies at that time and we got a big blow with Mujeeb joined India. Truth is both was not sincere with there public. One got killed other hanged but in a different case. Bhutto was a democrat with a dictators mind.

Not only military and politicians but bureaucracy was biased towards Bengali...Pakistan was bound to divide later or sooner but these three had only accelerated the process.

Last edited:

NasNY

Fools dwell on history, what done is done,
learn from history
Plan in the present for next 50 years with 10 yearly review

Improve your future.

The Sane

آرمی کی بادشاہی ہے بھئی۔۔۔ اس نے یحییٰ کو غلط سمجھا نہ مشرف کو۔۔۔ غلطی صرف سیاست دان کرتے پیں۔
اب آپ پہنچے ہیں جڑ پے، ، اور انہوں نے چن کر سیاستدان بھی وہ ڈھونڈے جو ایک نمبر کے بکاو، حرامی یا غدار نکلے۔ خان تو ان کی مجبوری ہے۔

Kam

Minister (2k+ posts)
Lately, this question has been raised and brain stormed about by many esteemed members of this community, with some perplexing, conflicting and confabulation statements passed on by a few. I am not a Bhutto glorifier as many on this forum know well from my past, but for the sake of enlightening many of the younger age, and setting the record straight, I want to open this forum. The question is whether or not it is sagacious to pass on the reigns of a nation to a person who is sold out to enemy, even if he won majority.

https://m.bdnews24.com/en/detail/Bangladesh/268877
It's right, Mujeeb was a traitor.
Handling of east from west was a stupid system.
I believe east and west should have been run through different legislative assemblies with full autonomy without sharing any revenue and a symbolic president should have been there for both countries.
Even it can be done now.

The Sane

It's right, Mujeeb was a traitor.
Handling of east from west was a stupid system.
I believe east and west should have been run through different legislative assemblies with full autonomy without sharing any revenue and a symbolic president should have been there for both countries.
Even it can be done now.
Great thought. Let’s hope we could use it when Bangladesh chooses to join the Republic again.