Why viewers left watching NEWS channels ??

There is only 1

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
نیوز چنیل پر دیکھنے لائق کچھ ہوتا ہی نہیں
. . . . .
اب وقت آ گیا ہے کہ نیوز اور ڈرامہ چنیل کو یکجا کر دیا جائے ، کیونکہ بیکار ٹاک شو اب گھنٹوں تک سامعین کو گرفت میں نہیں لے سکتے

Nadir Bashir

Minister (2k+ posts)
Because of mental torture................Civil society must sue them..................

Tired of same kind of shit for last 15 years............................

Shahbaz Jamil

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Continuously spreading fake news is the main cause. there is nothing for the betterment of Pakistani people in their programs. Totally waste of time to watch their talk shows.

Shahbaz Jamil

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
نیوز چنیل پر دیکھنے لائق کچھ ہوتا ہی نہیں
. . . . .
اب وقت آ گیا ہے کہ نیوز اور ڈرامہ چنیل کو یکجا کر دیا جائے ، کیونکہ بیکار ٹاک شو اب گھنٹوں تک سامعین کو گرفت میں نہیں لے سکتے
100% agreed

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
The reason why News channels became so popular was because there is no other non English and Hindi based entertainment available in the country. These shitty rohna dhona saas bahu type dramas and morning shows only some women watch. There is nothing for the average Pakistani to watch in. There are no edutainment channels like Nat Geo or Discovery. No non saas bahu content for men. So where did they turn to. News Channels.

And now with broadband becoming more widely available, they have a second option so slowly they are leaving the News Channels.

News Channels only became popular because of a vacuum of any other sort of entertainment.

Muskerahat

i stop watching geo 6 years ago then i stop watching express since geo anchor join it like ghreeda farooqi and others shit head now i don't watch 24 and capital too

surfer

Why watch the news channels when you can get the same news via youtube/fb on demand. I haven't turned on the news channels for years. The relevant clips from news channels I may be interested in are available on siasat.pk, youtube, fb etc.

Then there are many beat reporters who have started their own youtube channels who are reporting from source, who are much more accurate then AAWs sitting in studios with their own spin.

And this is not just news channels, but all channels who are going to be loosing viewers to online content. Even the big media companies in the west are starting their own streaming services, HBO, Disney etc to compete with Netflix/prime

Live sport is probably the last popular thing on TV, and online channels are starting to get into that as well (Live tennis is now available on Amazon prime).

yaar 20

MPA (400+ posts)
Pakistan media is evolving and is going through an evolution process......
It's like oscillating pandulum.....before 2000....it was an era of absolute controls of media and was completely zipped down... And onward from 2000 ...exactly like a pandulum....untill now 2020 ....they Overshooed from equilibrium position and have reached to another extreme of fake and exedgerated news...TV channels and anchors are missusing media platforms to get their party benefits and egoes and personal projections.And public is loosing trust on them.
Now hopefully the third stage could be the equilibrium b/w thease two extreme positions....

Eyeaan

نیوز چیل جاہلوں اور رزیلوں سے اٹے پڑے ہیں ۔۔ جیو نے تیزابی ٹوٹے اور ہم سب امید سے ہیں وغیرہ جیسے پروگراموں اور بھارتی چینلز کی نقالی پر جو بنیاد رکھی تھی، یا بھر محترم عزیزی دانا بن بیٹھےتھے ، اسکا انجام یہی ہونا تھا ۔۔
جیو اور دوسرے چینل مالکان نے اینکر کلچر پروموٹ کر کے جرنلسٹس کی پوری نسل کو تباہ کر دیا ہ ہے اب یہ سدھر نے کے قابل بھی نہیں رہے ۔۔ .

اب ان شوز کا ایک ہی فائدہ ہے ۔۔ وقتاّ فوقتاّ احمق انکرز کو دل کھول کر گالی دینے کے کام آتے ہیں