Will overseas Pakistani stop sending Remmitince if they cannot Vote?

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)
Will overseas Pakistani stop sending Remittance if they cannot Vote or not given right to vote in 2023 election?

I am asking this because i know ECP will challenge law PTI makes in court or PMLN can easily challenge this LHC.

So i am just asking worst case that if overseas Pakistani somehow are not given right to vote will they stop sending money to Pakistan or they forced to send due their family needs?

Last edited by a moderator:

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Will overseas Pakistani stop sending Remittance if they cannot Vote or not given right to vote in 2023 election?

I am asking this because i know ECP will challenge law PTI makes in court or PMLN can easily challenge this LHC.

So i am just asking worst case that if overseas Pakistani somehow are not given right to vote will they stop sending money to Pakistan or they forced to send due their family needs?
Do you know what the SC has already said about overseas pakistanis right to vote?
I wouldn't worry about the courts on this one...

ranaji

President (40k+ posts)
سوال تو یہ ہے کہ کون گشتی کا بچہ حرام کا نطفہ ملک دشمن ہمُ اوور سیز پاکستانیوں کو پاکستانی نہیں سمجھتا کہ ہمُ لوگ ووٹ نہیں دے سکتے
پہلے اس گشتی کی اولاد کو تو ننگا کرو کون نطفہ حرام ملک دشمن ہے جوکسی گشتی کی اولاد ہونے کا ثبوت دے رہا ہے

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)
Do you know what the SC has already said about overseas pakistanis right to vote?
I wouldn't worry about the courts on this one...
Just imagine if they are allowed than will they stop? What will be the worst case than?

kakamuna420

The Govt gets an indirect benefit from the incoming dollars. The money is sent for their own relatives, zakat, donations etc.

surfer

Just imagine if they are allowed than will they stop? What will be the worst case than?
How many times in the last 3 years that the worst case you are always worried about actually come to pass?

By the way, overseas pakistani's legally already have the right to vote. I exercised it way back in 2013. Only difference is that I had to come to pakistan to vote. So the issue is not a legal one, but a technical/process one.

Doom1111

Minister (2k+ posts)
How many times in the last 3 years that the worst case you are always worried about actually come to pass?

By the way, overseas pakistani's legally already have the right to vote. I exercised it way back in 2013. Only difference is that I had to come to pakistan to vote. So the issue is not a legal one, but a technical/process one.
Yes of course they can come to Pakistan and vote. What i mean to say if they are not allowed in other country via Internet or any other platform.

In other word i mean will overseas Pakistani send money if their is a other form of government that is my real question and somehow overseas Pakistani vote if they are in other country.

Still will they send like they are sending now?

Hate_Nooras

I think it cannot be reduced due to FATF laws and Hundi and Hawla is much reduced in Saudia Arab and UAE as well.

I think it will have major impact on RDA.
And those laws were also passed by IK with great opposition from the same crooked parties

Siberite

I think it would be a good idea and will probably satisfy lots of segments within society if the Overseas Pakistanis who think that they should have a God given right to vote ,can come to Pakistan , visit their relatives, spend some money in Pakistan to move the local economy and also enjoy the right of the vote. It will be a win win for the local Pakistanis and also the overseas Pakistanis. Never the less, they will continue to send remittance to their families in Pakistan regardless of the voting rights are given or not. There is no Hundy anymore. Its a legal way of sending money now.

kaka4u

Minister (2k+ posts)
ab agar unki family Pakistan may hay tu bhejay gay tu zaroor

is dafa jo zayada aya uski waja covid hay logo nay apni family ko support kia during lock down getting normal again in future.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
What people tend to forget is Pakistanis have been overseas since the 70s why is it that only during Khans tenure remittances have increased even though 1000s have returned. Or that earlier overseas Pakistanis never sent money back to Pakistan?

Middle class and lower income overseas Pakistan monthly have been sending back money back home for their families for decades now. But before no one bothered to do it through banks and it was all through hundi. 10-15 years back I did not know a single Pakistani who sent money back home via banks.

Hundi rates always beat bank rates, hundi operators were open till late in the night and in very convenient shop inside bazars where Pakistani expats visited and the money transfer was instant, most of the time delivered right at the door step in Pakistan, and most of all it was cheaper.

BUT now because of Khan Pakistanis have started to send money back home via legal channels even though they get charged more fees and currency exchange rates not as good but they still do it.

So any of these cheap asses who say oh overseas Pakistanis are not doing any favour by sending money to Pakistan because they have to send it anyways for their families, think again.

HSiddiqui

The have the rights to VOTE approved by the Court.

Awan S

پہلی بات یہ ہے کہ لوگ پیسے اپنی فمیلی کو بھیجتے ہیں انہیں ووٹ کا حق ملے نہ ملے وہ یہ پیسے ایسے ہی بھیجتے رہیں گے - دوسری بات یہ ہے کہ اگر حکومت غیر ملکی پاکستانیوں کو ووٹ کا حق دینا ہے تو روکا کس نے ہے اس کے لئے دو تہائی اکثریت تو درکار نہیں اور سادہ اکثریت حکومت کے پاس ہے - پھر بھی کوئی مسلہ ہے تو یہ کام صدارتی نوٹیفکیشن سے ہو سکتا ہے جیسے پہلے بہت سے قانون بنے - تیسری بات یہ ہے کہ حکومت کو غلط فہمی ہے کہ سارے کا سارا بیرون ملک ووٹ اس کا ہے - مغربی ملکوں بشمول امریکہ کینیڈا یورپ یا آسٹریلیا میں تو اسی فیصد یا اس سے زیادہ ووٹ تحریک کا ہو گا مگر مڈل ایسٹ میں بڑی اکثریت نون لیگ کی حامی ہے - یہاں مزدور طبقہ بہت بڑی تحداد میں ہے اور یورپ امریکہ سے کہیں زیادہ ہے ، ان لوگوں کی اکثریت پہلے بھی نونی تھی مگر اب مہنگائی کے ہاتھوں مجبور مزدور طبقہ تحریک انصاف سے متنفر ہو گیا ہے - یاد رہے یہی وہ لوگ ہیں جو باقاعدہ ہر مہینے پاکستان پیسے بھیجھتے ہیں اور مہنگائی کی وجہ سے پاکستان میں ان کا گھر چلنا مشکل ہو گیا ہے - یورپ امریکہ کی بہت بڑی اکثریت باقاعدہ ہر مہینے پیسہ نہیں بھیجتی کیونکے ان کی فیملیاں ان کے ساتھ ہوتی ہیں - یہ لوگ مہنگائی سے برائے راست متاثر نہیں اس لئے اب بھی تحریک انصاف کے ساتھ ہیں مڈل ایسٹ کا مزدور طبقہ یا نون لیگ کو ووٹ دے گا یا کسی کو بھی نہیں دے گا -
Raiwind-Destroyer
HSiddiqui
Citizen X
kaka4u
Siberite
surfer
Desprado

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)

Yaar to har waqt rohta hi kyu rehta hai?

Mocha7

Minister (2k+ posts)
فورم کے جو ڈنگر بار بار ملک میں پیسہ نہ بھیجنے کی دھمکی دیتے ہیں انہوں نے شاید کبھی ملک میں پیسے بھیجے ہی نہیں ہیں ورنہ جسے اپنی فیملی کو سپورٹ کرنا ہے وہ عمران خان کی حکومت ہو یا ابلیس کی، ووٹ ڈالے نہ ڈالے وہ پیسہ بھیجے گا

One more thing the largest sources of remittance are Saudia and UAE and no that are not hubs of PTI like western countries.

And finally government has given no clear roadmap as to how overseas vote will work and there is little chance government would sort that out before next election.