Will Pakistan Get Economic Boom after Pandemic?

Rafique Ahmed

Councller (250+ posts)
Seems unlikely in short and medium terms. The indicators are not just right. The recent IMF loan instalment of US$$ 500 million came with tough strings. The electricity prices will go up to increase the cost of production. This could make Pak exporter uncompetitive in international markets. Moreover, the price of gas and electricity will also go up for domestic consumers making price hikes more challenging than ever before. Withdrawal of tax relieves will further add to the woos of the industrial sector making it further weak

Rafique Ahmed

Councller (250+ posts)
Pakistan ?? will get a economic boom very soon.
I wish I could share your optimism being a patriotic Pakistani like you. I would have appreciated it if you could share why you think Pakistan will get an economic boom very soon. Any facts, stats about the economy, the size of the economy, the internal and external debt loads, any new FDIs etc. that could indicate about this boom we all wish to ensue asap.

Tit4Tat

Minister (2k+ posts)
I wish I could share your optimism being a patriotic Pakistani like you. I would have appreciated it if you could share why you think Pakistan will get an economic boom very soon. Any facts, stats about the economy, the size of the economy, the internal and external debt loads, any new FDIs etc. that could indicate about this boom we all wish to ensue asap.
lol lets await his reply, i am sure he forgot to substantiate his claim,

CANSUK

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
If I say current account deficit or overall debt decreased or foreign reserves increased these indicators already been discussed and shared by different economists.

Simple Math....
55% of total debt on Pakistan is taken by PPP and Noon league in last 10 yrs. (2008-2018)
Did you see any infrastructure improved, any development or any dam built.

If PMIK last 5 yrs then Pakistan is bound to see economic boom.
CPEC 2nd phase...
Manufacturing sector is improving..
Exports improving
Construction industry improving
Remittances increasing day by day (See Roshan digital accounts)
I’m not talking about IPPs though it’s already been recalculated or adjusted and country will reap up the benefit in a year or so........

Most importantly we don’t have big thieves like Nawazardari in federal govt.
Zardari is in Sind only, did you see any developments? This is thier thirteenth year straight in Sind government. 13 years straight in provincial business. Any basic infrastructure improved in Karachi or Larkana ?????

Last edited:

Rafique Ahmed

Councller (250+ posts)
Thanks for sharing this info. I never said that Nawaz and Zardari are not responsible for the financial mess that Pakistan is in today. They are more than responsible. I was only talking about that I don't see Pakistan's economic woes being resolved in near future. Please don't mind my mentioning it but the info you shared is only subjective not supported by any numbers in terms of volume, values. percentages, comparisons over the last period etc. The current account deficit is reduced doesn't mean anything as it reflects a difference of money generated or degenerated by total imports and exports. The reason for Pakistan's current account deficit reduction is only stopping imports, which has stopped cash outflow. It means the economic activity in the form of new industrial, agricultural, technological and other types of projects are not being planned and executed. Foreign remittances are not something to rely on. It is the money that ex-pat Pakistanis send to their kins in Pakistan. True stabilization increases when there are significant FDIs and sizeable exports. If all these indicators/precursors were in the right direction then Pak's GDP growth wouldn't have been forecasted in terms of the Annual compounded growth rate at a paltry 0.5%. My brother I am not against PTI or IK and my comments are purely for academic reasons.

CANSUK

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
My dear brother I don’t know what’s your near future means ? It’s sheer 50 yrs of continuous destruction and it won’t straighten up in a year or so. I don’t see in above posts any confirm figures or percentages every body was speculating or talking very subjective.
Well I think we have to be little patient n’ positive. Believe me, PMIK isn’t my cousin, we support n’ interested in Pakistan. Even if you stop stealing from Pakistan things will change. I’m not a follower of Musharraf however, situation was not bad during his era, I mean to say economic condition only, during Musharraf era.

BND Pakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
Seems unlikely in short and medium terms. The indicators are not just right. The recent IMF loan instalment of US$$ 500 million came with tough strings. The electricity prices will go up to increase the cost of production. This could make Pak exporter uncompetitive in international markets. Moreover, the price of gas and electricity will also go up for domestic consumers making price hikes more challenging than ever before. Withdrawal of tax relieves will further add to the woos of the industrial sector making it further weak
Absolutley!

Keep Watching Business News Daily with Ehsan Iqbal

BND Pakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
lol lets await his reply, i am sure he forgot to substantiate his claim,
Janab.... I'm a bit sick... so sorry for replying late.

Plz listen to me in last minutes.

I said...for us survival is the Key... Boom isn't coming!

Thank You!

And Keep Watching Business News Daily with Ehsan Iqbal

BND Pakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
If I say current account deficit or overall debt decreased or foreign reserves increased these indicators already been discussed and shared by different economists.

Simple Math....
55% of total debt on Pakistan is taken by PPP and Noon league in last 10 yrs. (2008-2018)
Did you see any infrastructure improved, any development or any dam built.

If PMIK last 5 yrs then Pakistan is bound to see economic boom.
CPEC 2nd phase...
Manufacturing sector is improving..
Exports improving
Construction industry improving
Remittances increasing day by day (See Roshan digital accounts)
I’m not talking about IPPs though it’s already been recalculated or adjusted and country will reap up the benefit in a year or so........

Most importantly we don’t have big thieves like Nawazardari in federal govt.
Zardari is in Sind only, did you see any developments? This is thier thirteenth year straight in Sind government. 13 years straight in provincial business. Any basic infrastructure improved in Karachi or Larkana ?????
Absolutely IK is the Key!

Until he is IN we are hopeful, but plz don't forget I'm talking here about the Boom after Pandemic. Thanks

BND Pakistan

MPA (400+ posts)
Thanks for sharing this info. I never said that Nawaz and Zardari are not responsible for the financial mess that Pakistan is in today. They are more than responsible. I was only talking about that I don't see Pakistan's economic woes being resolved in near future. Please don't mind my mentioning it but the info you shared is only subjective not supported by any numbers in terms of volume, values. percentages, comparisons over the last period etc. The current account deficit is reduced doesn't mean anything as it reflects a difference of money generated or degenerated by total imports and exports. The reason for Pakistan's current account deficit reduction is only stopping imports, which has stopped cash outflow. It means the economic activity in the form of new industrial, agricultural, technological and other types of projects are not being planned and executed. Foreign remittances are not something to rely on. It is the money that ex-pat Pakistanis send to their kins in Pakistan. True stabilization increases when there are significant FDIs and sizeable exports. If all these indicators/precursors were in the right direction then Pak's GDP growth wouldn't have been forecasted in terms of the Annual compounded growth rate at a paltry 0.5%. My brother I am not against PTI or IK and my comments are purely for academic reasons.
Yup....No boom in Near Future. I think we need atleast a decade. We are very much far away from the developed world! Thanks