Wing commander Noman Akram embraces martyrdom in F-16 crash

Iconoclast

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
RIP. This is why manned fighter jet's are destined to become obsolete. They've become expensive toys in the hands of their respective forces to perform stunts for dignitaries and taxpayers from time to time.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
So sad. Question is why didn't he bail out, plane was't inverted or anything but in wings level position when it went down.

Iconoclast

So sad. Question is why didn't he bail out, plane was't inverted or anything but in wings level position when it went down.
That's a good question. He was in a nose dive and I think it was too late before he could level up. I'm pretty certain he was trying to regain control till the end.

Munawarkhan

That's a good question. He was in a nose dive and I think it was too late before he could level up. I'm pretty certain he was trying to regain control till the end.

what i feel is he lost conscious and that’s why maybe it crashed.

a precious life lost

Iconoclast

what i feel is he lost conscious and that’s why maybe it crashed.

a precious life lost
Could be but highly unlikely since he was almost leveled up which points towards signs of activity in the cockpit besides they have their g-suits on.
Yeah, sad day.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Clearly pilot error. Too fast and too late to pull out of the inverted dive. Should have ejected when he was right side up.