Wouldn't say I was the greatest, but I was a better athlete than ٰImran

asifA1

Minister (2k+ posts)
Wouldn't say I was the greatest, but I was a better athlete than Botham, Hadlee, Imran put together: Kapil Dev

Kapil Dev is often compared with Ian Botham, Richard Hadlee and Imran Khan but the Indian legend personally believes that he was a better athlete than all three combined.

000_Del443459.jpeg

India's 1983 World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev opened up on his comparison with the likes of Imran Khan, Ian Bothan and Richard Hadlee, saying he was the fittest of all three as an athlete if not the greatest.

Imran, Hadlee, Kapil and Ian Botham stand out for their outstanding contribution and incredible performances. These four players played a crucial role in improving the overall performance of their respective teams.

Kapil Dev led the Indian team to their first World Cup victory, whereas Imran Khan gave Pakistan an identity and made them world champions.

With Ian Botham, England played the best cricket of that era and he was often the catalyst in their success. New Zealand had little success at the international level, but in Richard Hadlee, they found the match-winner and their role model.

"I wouldn't say I was the greatest, but I was a better athlete than all three put together," Kapil told former India cricketer and current head coach of Indian women's team WV Raman on Inside Out podcast.

"The best bowling was Richard Hadlee's - he was like a computer among the four of us."

Kapil was impressed by Imran Khan's dedication and determination to get better as he rated former Pakistan skipper the most hardworking player he has ever seen.

"Wouldn't say Imran Khan was the best athlete or the most natural, but he was the most hardworking player we’ve seen. When he started out, he looked like an ordinary bowler, but then he became a very hardworking fast bowler and he learned by himself. And then he worked on his batting as well," Kapil added.

Kapil also rated Hadlee as the best bowler among the four and called Botham as a true all-rounder.

"Ian Botham was a true all-rounder - in given conditions, he could win a match on his own. I wouldn't say Hadlee was the best batsman," the former India captain said.

"Botham could do damage to the opposition both with bat [and ball]. Imran could run through the [opposition] team, but his ability as a leader was far better. To control the Pakistan team, he had a challenge."

Last edited by a moderator:

Saboo

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
Impossible to believe. He was just a medium pacer and I never watched him showing any athleticism even matching that of IK.
اپنے منہ میاں مٹھو بننے سے کیا ؟...عظیم وہ ہے جسے دوسرے
عظیم کہیں؟....اب اس میں کیا ..... ?

Khallas

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Chalo phir is hi baat per tumhare pechware per 21 topon ki salami dayna banti hai.

nasir77

He was a better athlete; that is why he retired at a young age, despite not being as fast as Khan and Sir Hadlee. I have seen him bowling where the wicketkeeper was standing at wickets like a spinner. He never had a severe injury like Khan had at the peak of his career. Khan could have bagged 100 to 125 wickets more. Khan also played few tests as a pure batsman. He has a better average in bowling and batting, besides being the best captain Pakistan ever had. Kapil stops being Modi 56".....

jani1

Kapil was impressed by Imran Khan's dedication and determination to get better as he rated former Pakistan skipper the most hardworking player he has ever seen.

his ability as a leader was far better. To control the Pakistan team

چلو پھر بھی وہ عمران خان کو ایک بہترین کپتان مانتا ہے، اور ساتھ میں سخت محنتی بھی۔۔
اورہمیں اب ، بس ان دو چیزوں کی ہی ضرورت ہے ان سے۔۔۔ اور ایماندار تو وہ ہیں ہی۔۔۔

karachiwala

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
may be better athlete than Botham but not the rest that is the fact and definitely sub par in performance to the three

Imranpak

Self praise doesn't count you dumb Bharati! I think I am the most handsome man in the world as well! Most cricketers like Richard Hadlee regard IK as being better then Kapil. I would say Kapil was the better batsman and fielder where as IK outdid him at bowling, captaincy and overall influence. In Kapil we are talking about a pussy who started crying on TV to prove his innocence of any match fixing. Kapil an also ran lacked the overall aura of IK. Never much to look at with those massive teeth since retiring he really hasn't done much with his life.
1) IK
2)Botham
3)Kapil
4)Richard.

??

HSiddiqui

Wouldn't say I was the greatest, but I was a better athlete than Botham, Hadlee, Imran put together: Kapil Dev

Kapil Dev is often compared with Ian Botham, Richard Hadlee and Imran Khan but the Indian legend personally believes that he was a better athlete than all three combined.

000_Del443459.jpeg

India's 1983 World Cup-winning captain Kapil Dev opened up on his comparison with the likes of Imran Khan, Ian Bothan and Richard Hadlee, saying he was the fittest of all three as an athlete if not the greatest.

Imran, Hadlee, Kapil and Ian Botham stand out for their outstanding contribution and incredible performances. These four players played a crucial role in improving the overall performance of their respective teams.

Kapil Dev led the Indian team to their first World Cup victory, whereas Imran Khan gave Pakistan an identity and made them world champions.

With Ian Botham, England played the best cricket of that era and he was often the catalyst in their success. New Zealand had little success at the international level, but in Richard Hadlee, they found the match-winner and their role model.

"I wouldn't say I was the greatest, but I was a better athlete than all three put together," Kapil told former India cricketer and current head coach of Indian women's team WV Raman on Inside Out podcast.

"The best bowling was Richard Hadlee's - he was like a computer among the four of us."

"Wouldn't say Imran Khan was the best athlete or the most natural, but he was the most hardworking player we’ve seen. When he started out, he looked like an ordinary bowler, but then he became a very hardworking fast bowler and he learned by himself. And then he worked on his batting as well," Kapil added.

Kapil also rated Hadlee as the best bowler among the four and called Botham as a true all-rounder.

"Ian Botham was a true all-rounder - in given conditions, he could win a match on his own. I wouldn't say Hadlee was the best batsman," the former India captain said.

"Botham could do damage to the opposition both with bat [and ball]. Imran could run through the [opposition] team, but his ability as a leader was far better. To control the Pakistan team, he had a challenge."

What's the point ? He never looked like some smart and active player, I personally think he always looked a tired player, he was a great cricketer but I can never call him an athlete. As for his ratings that this post quotes under his name, the players he has compared himself with, can better answer to that. Any how every thing in this post is PAST, why are we wasting time on this ?

taban

اس پہ یہ حالات بھی آنے تھے کہ اپنی تعریفیں خود ہی کرنی پڑ رہی ہیں بیچارہ کہیں پاگل ہی نہ ہو جائے اور کل کو یہ کہنا شروع کر دے کہ میں عمران خان سے بہتر وزیر اعظم تھا

stoic

Minister (2k+ posts)
Impossible to believe. He was just a medium pacer and I never watched him showing any athleticism even matching that of IK.
He was better as his diet included CowPiss
Chalo phir is hi baat per tumhare pechware per 21 topon ki salami dayna banti hai.
He was a better athlete; that is why he retired at a young age, despite not being as fast as Khan and Sir Hadlee. I have seen him bowling where the wicketkeeper was standing at wickets like a spinner. He never had a severe injury like Khan had at the peak of his career. Khan could have bagged 100 to 125 wickets more. Khan also played few tests as a pure batsman. He has a better average in bowling and batting, besides being the best captain Pakistan ever had. Kapil stops being Modi 56".....

his ability as a leader was far better. To control the Pakistan team

چلو پھر بھی وہ عمران خان کو ایک بہترین کپتان مانتا ہے، اور ساتھ میں سخت محنتی بھی۔۔
اورہمیں اب ، بس ان دو چیزوں کی ہی ضرورت ہے ان سے۔۔۔ اور ایماندار تو وہ ہیں ہی۔۔۔
he sounds like a retard when speaks. thats for sure lolz.
He is already lost in the annals of the history. IK introduced many changes in the cricket besides giving and polishing players like WI, Inzi and others.
may be better athlete than Botham but not the rest that is the fact and definitely sub par in performance to the three
Self praise doesn't count you dumb Bharati! I think I am the most handsome man in the world as well! Most cricketers like Richard Hadlee regard IK as being better then Kapil. I would say Kapil was the better batsman and fielder where as IK outdid him at bowling, captaincy and overall influence. In Kapil we are talking about a pussy who started crying on TV to prove his innocence of any match fixing. Kapil an also ran lacked the overall aura of IK. Never much to look at with those massive teeth since retiring he really hasn't done much with his life.
1) IK
2)Botham
3)Kapil
4)Richard.

??
What's the point ? He never looked like some smart and active player, I personally think he always looked a tired player, he was a great cricketer but I can never call him an athlete. As for his ratings that this post quotes under his name, the players he has compared himself with, can better answer to that. Any how every thing in this post is PAST, why are we wasting time on this ?
اس پہ یہ حالات بھی آنے تھے کہ اپنی تعریفیں خود ہی کرنی پڑ رہی ہیں بیچارہ کہیں پاگل ہی نہ ہو جائے اور کل کو یہ کہنا شروع کر دے کہ میں عمران خان سے بہتر وزیر اعظم تھا
Whats amazing is that IK's record as a top all rounder still holds valid in 2020 almost 35 years after he ended his test career

https://twitter.com/x/status/1289168934378172416
Kapil, off course is no where on the list

Last edited:

Imranpak

Clive Rice the much forgotten South African was also a fine all rounder. Due to playing in the apartheid era he was unable to show his craft at international level. He was also rather easily better then that ugly Indian monkey, Kapil Dev.

@@O.P

MPA (400+ posts)
Kapil Dev runs 1364 wickets 111
Imran Khan runs 2408 wickets 187

who was better????

Imranpak

In all debates on this subject by Cricket writers and ex players no one has ever said Kapil was the greatest all rounder off all time. IK has often been named as the greatest all rounder by many people. When Kapil says "I was the best athlete" what he really means is "I was the best all rounder." Keep fooling yourself goofy and you may really start believing it.

Last edited: