Congrats Aleem Dar on becoming 'Umpire of the year' 3 year in a row

Lodhi

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)

Imran+Khan+and+Aleem+Dar.jpg

22964d1302317242-imran-khan-has-paid-rich-tribute-umpire-aleem-dar.jpg

6DEB728E48E14955773CD133916F5CAE_1254437877560_251.jpg

9-12-2011_81587_1.gif

Aleem Dar named best umpire for the third year running

Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar has won the David Shepherd Trophy for the ICC Umpire of the Year for the third year running. He beat competition from Steve Davis, Ian Gould and five-time winner Simon Taufel.
Dar, 43, officiated in five Tests and 13 ODIs during the voting period, including the World Cup final between India and Sri Lanka. Widely regarded for his umpiring standards, Dar was voted to the award by the 10 Full Member captains as well as the eight-man elite panel of match referees. He accepted his award from ICC Hall of Fame 2011 inductee Alan Davidson.
"It's a great honour and I'm thankful to everyone at the ICC and also my colleagues on the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires along with the Pakistan Cricket Board," Dar said. "I'd like to also thank all my family for all their support since I'm away nearly eight months of the year umpiring."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/story/532182.html

Last edited by a moderator:

[AM]

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Aleem Dar named best umpire for the Third year running...

Dar named best umpire for the third year running

ESPNcricinfo staff
September 12, 2011

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci-icc/content/current/story/532182.html

Pakistani umpire Aleem Dar has won the David Shepherd Trophy for the ICC Umpire of the Year for the third year running. He beat competition from Steve Davis, Ian Gould and five-time winner Simon Taufel.

Dar, 43, officiated in five Tests and 13 ODIs during the voting period, including the World Cup final between India and Sri Lanka. Widely regarded for his umpiring standards, Dar was voted to the award by the 10 Full Member captains as well as the eight-man elite panel of match referees. He accepted his award from ICC Hall of Fame 2011 inductee Alan Davidson.

"It's a great honour and I'm thankful to everyone at the ICC and also my colleagues on the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Umpires along with the Pakistan Cricket Board," Dar said. "I'd like to also thank all my family for all their support since I'm away nearly eight months of the year umpiring."

ESPN EMEA Ltd

khawaja555

Councller (250+ posts)
Re: Aleem Daar won Best Umpire ICC award for the 3rd year.

KHUDA kare sab Pakistani aise hi Pakistan ka naam roshan karen Ameen(clap)

RanaMana

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)

u r really great....good work plz keep it up the great work...we r all proud of u......(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

lotaa

Minister (2k+ posts)

Mubarak ho,Sab cricket team kehti hain aleem dar ko hi humaray match mein umpire banao,aap ne is baat ko note kiya ho ga,k Australia k har match mein Umpire Aleem dar hi hota hay,very great umpire,(clap)

Mr.Restless

Senator (1k+ posts)

congratulations aleem dar..the whole pakistan as well as cricketing lover are proud of you..

behzadji

Minister (2k+ posts)

tareef woh jo mukhalif bhee kerain..........like indian aussies and british

next2saint

MPA (400+ posts)

Indeed he got a hawk-eye... Aleem Dar we simply luv u for making us ,Pakistanis, so proud...:biggthumpup:

Adeel

Founder

Aleem Dar, you make us all proud. Very well done!!!!!

ishwaq

Minister (2k+ posts)

(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)(clap)

Malik495

He really deserves this award...
Baqi rahi baat wahab riaz ki to bhai yeh kahan se emerging player ban gya.. do takay ka bowler hy club level ka..aray han yad aya yeh wohi hy na jisay thand se bachnay kliye mazhar majeed ne apna coat de dia tha... Wesy Samj gaye hon gy aap :P

KhanHaripur

MashAllah Umpire of the Year ki Hattrick ho gei hay.