3 dead in knife attack in French church; woman beheaded

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
A woman was beheaded by an attacker with a knife who also killed two other people at a church in the French city of Nice on Thursday, police said, in an incident the city’s mayor described as terrorism.

Mayor Christian Estrosi said on Twitter the knife attack had happened in or near the city's Notre Dame church and that police had detained the attacker.

Police said three people were confirmed to have died in the attack and several were injured.

A police source said a woman was decapitated. French politician Marine Le Pen also spoke of a decapitation having occurred in the attack.

Reuters journalists at the scene said police armed with automatic weapons had put up a security cordon around the church, which is on Nice’s Jean Medecin avenue, the city’s main shopping thoroughfare. Ambulances and fire service vehicles were also at the scene.

The attack comes while France is still reeling from the beheading earlier this month of French middle school teacher Samuel Paty in Paris by a man of Chechen origin.

The attacker had said he wanted to punish Paty for showing pupils sketches of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) in a civics lesson.

It was not immediately clear what the motive was for the Nice attack, or if there was any connection to the blasphemous sketches.

Since Paty's killing, French officials — backed by many citizens — have re-asserted the right to display the sketches, and the images have been widely displayed at marches in solidarity with the killed teacher.

That has prompted an outpouring of anger in parts of the Muslim world, with some governments accusing French leader Emmanuel Macron of pursuing an anti-Islam agenda.

On Sunday, Prime Minister Imran Khan denounced Macron’s remarks on blasphemous caricatures, calling them “encouragement of Islamophobia”.

He was referring to comments made by President Macron in which he criticised Islamists and vowed not to “give up cartoons” depicting Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

“By attacking Islam, clearly without having any understanding of it, President Macron has attacked and hurt the sentiments of millions of Muslims in Europe and across the world,” said Prime Minister Imran, adding that “the last thing the world wants or needs is further polarisation”.

He also asked social media giant Facebook to place a ban on Islamophobia and hate against Islam just as it had placed on the Holocaust.

Last edited:

knowledge88

I feel very pity for the millions of French Muslims. I bet they will all be terrified. Imagine the hatred they will go through when they turn up for work tomorrow, imagine women traveling in buses, in trains, how much abuse they will have to face by the French. Imagine being unemployed and applying for a job, what are their chances of getting a job? It is becoming a butterfly effect. Looks to me it is going to get big.

Raiwind-Destroyer

I feel very pity for the millions of French Muslims. I bet they will all be terrified. Imagine the hatred they will go through when they turn up for work tomorrow, imagine women traveling in buses, in trains, how much abuse they will have to face by the French. Imagine being unemployed and applying for a job, what are their chances of getting a job? It is becoming a butterfly effect. Looks to me it is going to get big.
i agree its always the other 99% who pay the price for these attacks but west has a problem with linking everything to religion islam rather then looking in to why this hatred has spread

instead of blaming the root cause they will attack islam and hence everyone becomes victim of that hate

if you look at how west deals with non Muslims attacks they always blame the cause not the religion but only with Muslims they attack the religion only

Danish99

Senator (1k+ posts)
I don,t agree with you.Frenc people r very mature they know most of muslims r peace loving.They will never punish innocent mulims.As we have seen in past,muslim did so many bad things but muslims were never penalised.

Danish99

Senator (1k+ posts)
i agree its always the other 99% who pay the price for these attacks but west has a problem with linking everything to religion islam rather then looking in to why this hatred has spread

instead of blaming the root cause they will attack islam and hence everyone becomes victim of that hate

if you look at how west deals with non Muslims attacks they always blame the cause not the religion but only with Muslims they attack the religion only
Once I was listening debate on tv,a christian guy was saying Islam is very beautiful and peaceful religion but on the other hand Muslim guy was saying Jehad is very important part of islam and christian and jews r enemy of muslims.When You have this sort of mentality and education we will keep creating extremists.

knowledge88

I don,t agree with you.Frenc people r very mature they know most of muslims r peace loving.They will never punish innocent mulims.As we have seen in past,muslim did so many bad things but muslims were never penalised.
Read this from the Guardian. One of the paragraphs is this " Prejudice against Muslims exists in every corner of Europe. Not only do we collectively devalue and discriminate against Europeans who follow Islam, but the incidence of violence against Muslims is increasing. "

Raiwind-Destroyer

Once I was listening debate on tv,a christian guy was saying Islam is very beautiful and peaceful religion but on the other hand Muslim guy was saying Jehad is very important part of islam and christian and jews r enemy of muslims.When You have this sort of mentality and education we will keep creating extremists.
you were listning with your harted mind and probably from Modi media

awam

MPA (400+ posts)

Its very simple and I think we Muslims don't pay attention to the root cause. When attack like these are based on religious reason how west can take out religion from attack?
Respect is something earned not imposed. How and why we Muslims think that non-muslims will respect our prophet?
Just imagine what will be our attitude if Hindus ask as to respect "Ram" and do same kind of attacks on non-hindus. I be the first one to say "go F@$% your Ram"

Last edited:

Raiwind-Destroyer

Its very simple and I think we Muslims don't pay attention to the root cause. When attack like these are based on religious reason how west can take out religion from attack?
Respect is something earned not imposed. How and why we Muslims think that non-muslims will respect our prophet?
Just imagine what will be our attitude if Hindus ask as to respect "Ram" and do same kind of attacks on non-hindus
but just becuase a french resident kills another french resident on hate bases and claims to be a muslim we should all be sorry for that french resident

just because some one uses the name Muslim does not mean its all Islam its means just that individual who is wrong and west deliberately see this as a Islam issue rather then an individual or their own country problem

its frnech problem if they cannot control hatred in thier country its nothign to do with muslims around the world

Eigle

Senator (1k+ posts)
Just imagine what will be our attitude if Hindus ask as to respect "Ram" and do same kind of attacks on non-hindus. I be the first one to say "go F@$% your Ram"
A sick minded person can disrespect other religion.

Muslims just asking for, don't disrespect the Prophet.

Vitamin_C

These inbreds achieve nothing with their killings, now they are going to make it harder for actual assylum seekers.

Waqar_H

Senator (1k+ posts)
These inbreds achieve nothing with their killings, now they are going to make it harder for actual assylum seekers.
You sounds like an expert in Asylum seeking. Amreeka meh gutter ki safai ka kaam nahee milla kya?

A biased, bigot like you will only be able to see from an anti-islam perspective.
1. Is the country, where you ve sought asylum allowing free speech on every topic?
2. What exactly is the line b/w free speech and verbal aggression?
3. Do Words hold no value compared to the physical harming? (How did you feel abt being called a gutter cleaner based on ur religion? Does that qualify as freedom of speech)?

Vitamin_C

Usually when you study the West and their laws especially France, there is a common theme of: Idea vs human life

In west we give importance to human life over ideas and in Middle East people give more importance to ideas such as religion etc and less importance to human life, that's why you have death penalties for apostasy and blasphemy. But in West the punishment for holocaust denial is usually a fine - hardly a life threatening situation as compared to blasphemy in middle east

1. Is the country, where you ve sought asylum allowing free speech on every topic?
I never sought assylum, I came to study, got my degree and started a business and living comfortably.

As for freedom of speech, the idea is to protect human lives rather than ideas. Especially lives of most vulnerable in society. Freedom of speech is first part of social change, strikes and ehtjaj come after.

What is allowed:
Criticizing ideas, personalities whether they are political or religious, especially if they are connected to power. Which means you are allowed to criticize Muhammad and Islam.

What is not allowed:
Promoting violence against a group of people. You can criticize Islam but you cannot call for hate against a group of people for example Muslims or Jews. Holocaust denial is used by Neo-Nazis to spread hate against Jews. This environment against Jews existed in Europe for more than 100 years before WW2 and it led to the Holocaust.

The line is where you overtly call for violence against a group of people. For example if Macron gives speech and attacks all Muslims, that Speech can be scrutinized, he can only attack an idea (for example Islam), he cannot attack living breathing human beings (Muslims).

3. Do Words hold no value compared to the physical harming? (How did you feel abt being called a gutter cleaner based on ur religion? Does that qualify as freedom of speech)?
No they do not, its the same things as dogs barking but nobody pays attention to them. Part of being an adult is accepting constructive criticism and ignoring baseless insults. You see people behaving like animals with me on this forum when all I am doing is sharing my opinion, I never get emotional with them I just ignore them.

Similarly in Pakistan you see people insulting other religions everywhere, you see signs saying Ahmedi Kuttay not allowed, calling Christians as Choora, and abusing Hindu Gods.

Those people can just ignore and keep living or just laugh at the fools for their ignorance like Richard Dawkins done.

You sounds like an expert in Asylum seeking. Amreeka meh gutter ki safai ka kaam nahee milla kya?

A biased, bigot like you will only be able to see from an anti-islam perspective.

Khair Andesh

اگر یہ مرنے والے کسی طرح سے بھی توہین کے مرتکب تھے، تو ان کا یہی انجام ہونا چاہئے، اور اگر یہ بے گناہ تھے، تو بھی ان کے قتل کے ذمہ دار وہ لوگ ہیں، جنہوں نے ڈیڑھ ارب مسلمانوں کی دل آزاری کی ہے، اور انہیں شدید ترین اشتعال دلایا ہے۔
کچھ لوگوں کا خیال ہے کہ یہ حملے فرانسیسی صدر کو جتوانے کے لئے کئے جا رہے ہیں اور مسلمانوں کے خلاف سازش ہیں۔اگر ایسا ہے، تو بھی مسلمان ناموس رسالت کے لئے اس طرح کی لاکھوں سازشوں کو برداشت کرنے کےلئے تیار ہیں۔
درحقیقت فرنسیسی حکومت نے ایک طرح سے مسلمانوں کے خلاف اعلان جنگ کر دیا ہے۔ اب یہ مسلمانوں کا کام ہے کہ اس اعلان کا جواب دیں، اور ان شاء اللہ جتنا ہو سکے گا، مسلمان اپنی حیثیت کے مطابق جواب دیتے رہیں گے۔

Khair Andesh

یہی ان نام نہاد انسانی حقوق کی علمبردار مغربی اقوام کا اصل چہرہ ہے۔
افغانستان ، عراق، شام ، لیبیا وغیرہ کے بے گناہ مظلوم مسلمان گزشتہ کئی عشروں سے ان کے بد ترین سلوک کا مشاہدہ کر رہے ہیں، جبکہ یورپ وغیرہ میں رہنے والے مسلمانوں کو اب ان کا اصل گھنائونا چہرہ دیکھنے کا موقع مل رہا ہے ۔

Khair Andesh

Usually when you study the West and their laws especially France, there is a common theme of: Idea vs human life

In west we give importance to human life over ideas and in Middle East people give more importance to ideas such as religion etc and less importance to human life, that's why you have death penalties for apostasy and blasphemy. But in West the punishment for holocaust denial is usually a fine - hardly a life threatening situation as compared to blasphemy in middle east

I never sought assylum, I came to study, got my degree and started a business and living comfortably.

As for freedom of speech, the idea is to protect human lives rather than ideas. Especially lives of most vulnerable in society. Freedom of speech is first part of social change, strikes and ehtjaj come after.

What is allowed:
Criticizing ideas, personalities whether they are political or religious, especially if they are connected to power. Which means you are allowed to criticize Muhammad and Islam.

What is not allowed:
Promoting violence against a group of people. You can criticize Islam but you cannot call for hate against a group of people for example Muslims or Jews. Holocaust denial is used by Neo-Nazis to spread hate against Jews. This environment against Jews existed in Europe for more than 100 years before WW2 and it led to the Holocaust.

The line is where you overtly call for violence against a group of people. For example if Macron gives speech and attacks all Muslims, that Speech can be scrutinized, he can only attack an idea (for example Islam), he cannot attack living breathing human beings (Muslims).

No they do not, its the same things as dogs barking but nobody pays attention to them. Part of being an adult is accepting constructive criticism and ignoring baseless insults. You see people behaving like animals with me on this forum when all I am doing is sharing my opinion, I never get emotional with them I just ignore them.

Similarly in Pakistan you see people insulting other religions everywhere, you see signs saying Ahmedi Kuttay not allowed, calling Christians as Choora, and abusing Hindu Gods.

Those people can just ignore and keep living or just laugh at the fools for their ignorance like Richard Dawkins done.
آپ کو لگتا ہے کہ یورپ والوں کو نعوذ باللہ توہین رسالت کی آزادی ہے۔جبکہ مسلمانوں کا یہ عقیدہ ہے کہ شاتم رسول کی سزا سر تن سے جدا(۔ہونا تو یہ چاہئے کہ حکومت خود یہ سزا دے، لیکن اگر حکومت کسی وجہ سے قاصر ہے، یا خود ملی ہوئی ہے، تو پھر مجبورا مسلمانوں کو یہ کام خود کرنا پڑتا ہے)۔ اگر وہ باز نہیں آئیں گے،تو مسلمان بھی اپنے عقیدے کے مطابق عمل کرتے رہیں گے۔

Last edited: