Before everyone gets excited/angry...

surfer

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
...CBD does not get you high. ?

Federal Minister for Science and Technology Shibli Faraz has announced to introduce the cannabis cultivation policy in the country by December this year.

A meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Science and Technology was held under the chairmanship of Sajid Mehdi on Wednesday.

During the meeting, Minister Faraz highlighted how the global market for cannabis will reach Rs95 billion by 2025.

He also hinted at launching a mega power saving project soon and announced the launch of Tech Tsunami Programme to impart technology training to the youth of Pakistan.

The science minister said the plan is to save electricity in household appliances as the project will save 3,400 MW of electricity.

Faraz maintained that a total of 24,000 MW of electricity is used in Pakistan out of which 16,000 MW is used only for cooling. “However, in water motors we can save 5,000 MW of electricity,” he said.
Briefing the committee on the cannabis production project, the federal minister said a litre of CBD oil is worth Rs10,000.

“Cannabis seeds will also be produced near Rawat,” Faraz said.

Officials informed the committee that they would start cultivating cannabis for industrial purposes first.
In the first phase, raw materials for cannabis will be imported and greenhouses would be built in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad.

Shibli says unbridled population threat to national security

Officials further said experiments with cannabis oil have begun while the Anti-Narcotics Force has approved four sites for cannabis cultivation.

Committee Chairman Mehdi expressed concern over the export of raw materials being used to cultivate cannabis. Upon which the science minister assured that strict legislation will be enacted to halt the export of raw materials.

“There is no policy on cannabis in the country yet. The policy of cannabis cultivation will come into being by December,” Faraz reiterated.

Briefing the committee about the STEM programme, Chairman Science Foundation Dr. Shahid Baig said laboratories would be started in 50 schools under the STEM school project.

He added that high-tech technology will be introduced in these laboratories.
Towards the end of the meeting, Science Minister Faraz informed the committee that the schools selected for the STEM programme have been selected on merit.

“The STEM programmes will be extended to 450 schools and the performance of STEM schools will also be monitored,” he said, adding that the Ministry of Science and Technology is launching Technology Tsunami Program under which training will be imparted to the youth of Pakistan.

“Ten major problems will be solved with the help of the programme,” Faraz concluded.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siberite

Lol..

Shibli is the right person for sniffing it for testing purposes.
The idea is to turn the 220 millions dead in to heap of hashis and Cocaine eventually before the Sniffers themselves are kicked out from the office....

Shazi ji

...CBD does not get you high. ?

Federal Minister for Science and Technology Shibli Faraz has announced to introduce the cannabis cultivation policy in the country by December this year.

A meeting of the National Assembly Standing Committee on Science and Technology was held under the chairmanship of Sajid Mehdi on Wednesday.

During the meeting, Minister Faraz highlighted how the global market for cannabis will reach Rs95 billion by 2025.

He also hinted at launching a mega power saving project soon and announced the launch of Tech Tsunami Programme to impart technology training to the youth of Pakistan.

The science minister said the plan is to save electricity in household appliances as the project will save 3,400 MW of electricity.

Faraz maintained that a total of 24,000 MW of electricity is used in Pakistan out of which 16,000 MW is used only for cooling. “However, in water motors we can save 5,000 MW of electricity,” he said.
Briefing the committee on the cannabis production project, the federal minister said a litre of CBD oil is worth Rs10,000.

“Cannabis seeds will also be produced near Rawat,” Faraz said.

Officials informed the committee that they would start cultivating cannabis for industrial purposes first.
In the first phase, raw materials for cannabis will be imported and greenhouses would be built in Lahore, Karachi and Islamabad.

Shibli says unbridled population threat to national security

Officials further said experiments with cannabis oil have begun while the Anti-Narcotics Force has approved four sites for cannabis cultivation.

Committee Chairman Mehdi expressed concern over the export of raw materials being used to cultivate cannabis. Upon which the science minister assured that strict legislation will be enacted to halt the export of raw materials.

“There is no policy on cannabis in the country yet. The policy of cannabis cultivation will come into being by December,” Faraz reiterated.

Briefing the committee about the STEM programme, Chairman Science Foundation Dr. Shahid Baig said laboratories would be started in 50 schools under the STEM school project.

He added that high-tech technology will be introduced in these laboratories.
Towards the end of the meeting, Science Minister Faraz informed the committee that the schools selected for the STEM programme have been selected on merit.

“The STEM programmes will be extended to 450 schools and the performance of STEM schools will also be monitored,” he said, adding that the Ministry of Science and Technology is launching Technology Tsunami Program under which training will be imparted to the youth of Pakistan.

“Ten major problems will be solved with the help of the programme,” Faraz concluded.

Lol..

The idea is to turn the 220 millions dead in to heap of hashis and Cocaine eventually before the Sniffers themselves are kicked out from the office....
PM to nominate next Chief of ISI from a list of three names recommended by the COAS:

1. Lt. Gen Nadeem Ahmed Anjum
2. Lt. Gen Nadeem A. Anjum
3. Lt Gen N. A. Anjum
?

surfer

Lol..

Funny stuff ?
but CBD still wont get you high....

surfer

Do some study. CBD with different strain of plant is as addictive as anything ...
Of course - it depends on the strain etc and many products sold as "CBD" today are not strictly pure CBD - majority of "medical marijuana" sold in US west coast weed dispensaries is just a sham

But I'm pretty sure, the strains proposed will not be the ones that get you high.
Even THC is not that addictive, compared to other drugs or even nicotine.

PS I'd be interested in any info you have, as I had previously researched this for a medical condition I have, but the strains that were legally being sold in Europe all have very low CBD - not enough to be very effective.

Last edited:

Siberite

Of course - it depends on the strain etc and many products sold as "CBD" today are not strictly pure CBD - majority of "medical marijuana" sold in US west coast weed dispensaries is just a sham

But I'm pretty sure, the strains proposed will not be the ones that get you high.
Even THC is not that addictive, compared to other drugs or even nicotine.

PS I'd be interested in any info you have, as I had previously researched this for a medical condition I have, but the strains that were legally being sold in Europe all have very low CBD - not enough to be very effective.
Lol. You are expecting a lot from the Cocaine sniffers and Wine honey drinkers. ..

Beside joke, Are you really serious about CBD ? I have some people growing it in the Northern areas and also in Kashmir. I can found out the strain and the percentage of THC.

Asad Mujtaba

a good combination of thc and cbd is really good for your mental health, if taken in moderation, not everyday ;)

Aamir Ayoub

Senator (1k+ posts)
I'm pretty sure, most of us consume these products but refuse to acknowledge ;), especially as it is being legalized in the first world countries.

surfer

Lol. You are expecting a lot from the Cocaine sniffers and Wine honey drinkers. ..

Beside joke, Are you really serious about CBD ? I have some people growing it in the Northern areas and also in Kashmir. I can found out the strain and the percentage of THC.
I am serious. I have Rheumatoid arthritis for many years, which causes inflammation on and off. There was some research done a few years ago which showed it helped inflammation. But so far they have not produced any specific meds for it (one company in Netherlands have got one for epilepsy - but I think it is still under trail).

And the CDB strains available as "CBD oil" in health shops all have very low levels of CBD, like less then 5%, but in order to really get the benefit you need more then 50% - which is why I say they are just a sham

Are they growing it for medicinal purposes? What I mean is that is it a legal set up? From memory, I think THC content needs to be less then 0.5% to make it non intoxicating (thus halal). I think hemp plant is about 0.3% THC.

If the people you know have THC less then say 1% and high CBD content, then they're onto a winner.

Siberite

I am serious. I have Rheumatoid arthritis for many years, which causes inflammation on and off. There was some research done a few years ago which showed it helped inflammation. But so far they have not produced any specific meds for it (one company in Netherlands have got one for epilepsy - but I think it is still under trail).

And the CDB strains available as "CBD oil" in health shops all have very low levels of CBD, like less then 5%, but in order to really get the benefit you need more then 50% - which is why I say they are just a sham

Are they growing it for medicinal purposes? What I mean is that is it a legal set up? From memory, I think THC content needs to be less then 0.5% to make it non intoxicating (thus halal). I think hemp plant is about 0.3% THC.

If the people you know have THC less then say 1% and high CBD content, then they're onto a winner.
How bad is your Rheumatoid ? How are your hands and limbs ? How long you have it ? What have you tried for it as an alternative treatment ?

surfer

How bad is your Rheumatoid ? How are your hands and limbs ? How long you have it ? What have you tried for it as an alternative treatment ?
Varies. Today I am 100% fine. 2 weeks ago I couldn't make a fist. It's up and down. Had it 9 years. Tried a number of different prescription meds (have got a combo which keeps it in check mostly - but went through a lot of side effects to get here) and also homeopathic (didn't work at all). This is turning into a sob story LOL

Siberite

Varies. Today I am 100% fine. 2 weeks ago I couldn't make a fist. It's up and down. Had it 9 years. Tried a number of different prescription meds (have got a combo which keeps it in check mostly - but went through a lot of side effects to get here) and also homeopathic (didn't work at all). This is turning into a sob story LOL
I am not sure if you ever heard about an injection called "Enbrel" . I have a relative who lives in USA. He has rheumatoid Arthritis . He had it so bad that he was confined to wheelchair since it got in to his spine . He got those shots of Enbrel and he is now walking , jogging and doing things he never even thought he could have done. This is an expensive injection that I know of. If you live in USA, you can find out about it and see if it suits you.
In alternative medicine, you can try Stronger Curcumin , try Biocur 400x. Its not available in Pakistan but you can get it from USA as well.
Now as far as the CBD oil is concerned, It has its good results for the pain. I will find out the concentration of THC and CBD ratio.

LeanMean2

Senator (1k+ posts)
اللّہ آپ کے لئے آسانیاں کرے ۔ آمین

Last edited:

surfer

I am not sure if you ever heard about an injection called "Enbrel" . I have a relative who lives in USA. He has rheumatoid Arthritis . He had it so bad that he was confined to wheelchair since it got in to his spine . He got those shots of Enbrel and he is now walking , jogging and doing things he never even thought he could have done. This is an expensive injection that I know of. If you live in USA, you can find out about it and see if it suits you.
In alternative medicine, you can try Stronger Curcumin , try Biocur 400x. Its not available in Pakistan but you can get it from USA as well.
Now as far as the CBD oil is concerned, It has its good results for the pain. I will find out the concentration of THC and CBD ratio.
Thanks, will check it out. To be honest, I'm trying to go the other way, to natural medicine rather then manufactured meds (they all have side effects), and luckily I am no where near that level (but good to hear it helped your relative).

Already taking a tumeric supplement :)

Let me know then what you learn about the CBD