DAWN doesn't know how to print an acronym

knowledge88

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Our most famous newspaper i.e. DAWN commonly makes grammatical errors. Today I found something which even a child of year 4 would know.
In the English language, acronyms are written in capital letters. For example, NASA is always written in capital letters because it is an acronym for "National Aeronautics and Space Administration". See how DAWN wrote an article about NASA on its front page. In this article, NASA was always referred to as Nasa.

nasa.png

surfer

Our most famous newspaper i.e. DAWN commonly makes grammatical errors. Today I found something which even a child of year 4 would know.
In the English language, acronyms are written in capital letters. For example, NASA is always written in capital letters because it is an acronym for "National Aeronautics and Space Administration". See how DAWN wrote an article about NASA on its front page. In this article, NASA was always referred to as Nasa.

nasa.png

Maybe they are talking about Nasa, my local juice vendor - because he can also extract 20 glasses of juice from one orange ;)

Hussain1967

I was also surprised that why they were repeatedly writing Nasa instead of NASA. They have done this many times in their electronic edition. NYT and all other international publications write it as NASA. Most importantly, NASA itself write it as NASA on their own website.

Perhaps, Dawn wants to give new style to English Writing. After all, they always use erudite English in their newspaper ( both in news and columns). You wouldn’t find that much difficult English even in NYT.

Sohail Shuja

nasa.png

Good Call ?

This shows their drooping level of journalism. They even don't understand by themselves about the topics they are writing about.

Pakcola

Senator (1k+ posts)

nasa.png

Sharp Mind