EVM Why not make a video and release it on PTV and Social media??

Respect

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
I agree this has to be done by govt with proper demo and should also be advertised on mainstream media.
They need to tell people why EVM machine is better than the present system.

BTW are there alternatives too EVM machine?

The wizard

MPA (400+ posts)
It is good idea marketing is very necessary
1: people will learn how evm work
2: marketing make its influence in media industry media shows won't talk foolish on their show in consequence opposition will come under lot of pressure

Mocha7

Minister (2k+ posts)
This will remove doubts that are being propagated by the electronic medium and ECP.
Mind you, no doubts are propagated by ECP, those are facts about practical implementation. There are very much concerns, mostly technical, about EVM as well as overseas voting that are just overlooked by government. Government recklessly handling both, I think neither do EVM nor do overseas voting will be feasible practically by next elections or will result badly.

Last edited:

Digital_Pakistani

The machines have to be designed and developed as per the laws and needs of the country. There have to be multiple trials before it attains its final outcome. I doubt there would be a proper demo-like video by govt unless the necessary trials are over.

Shahbaz Gill said in a presser that 600 machines are being made for the trials, they would be used for bar elections, and by-electiosn.

Keep the faith.

surfer

I fail to understand why does the government NOT make a video as to how the EVMs work and release the video on PTV and Social media??
This will remove doubts that are being propagated by the electronic medium and ECP.
Its a good point. But as i understand the final EVM is not ready yet, I believe in July there is another demo to ECP and others. Once the testing is over, yes a demo video should be made and marketed.

akzack

Politcal Worker (100+ posts)
Government has totally failed to demonstrate a comprehensive projection and demo to people of Pakistan.
They hiding information like we are living in stonage era.
Nonsense

Qudsi

Minister (2k+ posts)
I think they are waiting to gwt EMVs error free and implement in an ideal situation otherwise there will b a lot of propaanda and doubts, better late than fail.

Mocha7

Minister (2k+ posts)
Government has totally failed to demonstrate a comprehensive projection and demo to people of Pakistan.
They hiding information like we are living in stonage era.
Nonsense
They don't even know the complexities with EVM (system hanging, sanctity of vote, hacking, impartiality, cost, usability issues). No wonder why the world do not use EVMs.

siasimerchant

MPA (400+ posts)
I fail to understand why does the government NOT make a video as to how the EVMs work and release the video on PTV and Social media??
they did infront of media, i remember with fawad and babar awan