Indian Covid Situation

HIDDEN

Minister (2k+ posts)
India has today recorded over 260,000 new covid cases with over 15% positivity rate.

There is a new Indian covid variant called B-1617 with double mutations. It is more infectious and deadlier than all the previously identified variants.

With the kumbh mela going on without any restrictions, there is a chance for many more variants with mutations that may jump the immune capabilities developed either through earlier infections, or through vaccinations. This variant is already suspected to avoid immune response.

77 cases of this new Indian variant have already reached the UK.

My request to government (if anyone really cares about Pakistanis and not his/ her own family living in other countries).. Please ban travel to all the countries that have not banned travelers from India.. Also, government of Pakistan must ban all travel to and from UK.

I believe I am not asking for too much.. I don't live in Pakistan, but I am really concerned about my fellow Pakistanis.. specially when there is a question mark on the capacity..

I don't think the pandemic is going away anytime soon with Indian variants entering...

deathchallenger

MPA (400+ posts)
Too little too late. Pakistan should have banned travellers from the UK and high-risk countries a long time ago. We didn't and had a third wave which is primarily due to the UK variant and got put on the red list by the UK.

HIDDEN

Minister (2k+ posts)
Too little too late. Pakistan should have banned travellers from the UK and high-risk countries a long time ago. We didn't and had a third wave which is primarily due to the UK variant and got put on the red list by the UK.
This Indian variant is deadlier.. and has the ability to jump the immune response. UK has identified 77 cases so far.

It's still not too late to ban travel to all the countries that are not putting India on their ban list.

Government should show some balls... and decide as early as possible.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
India has today recorded over 260,000 new covid cases with over 15% positivity rate.

There is a new Indian covid variant called B-1617 with double mutations. It is more infectious and deadlier than all the previously identified variants.

With the kumbh mela going on without any restrictions, there is a chance for many more variants with mutations that may jump the immune capabilities developed either through earlier infections, or through vaccinations. This variant is already suspected to avoid immune response.

77 cases of this new Indian variant have already reached the UK.

My request to government (if anyone really cares about Pakistanis and not his/ her own family living in other countries).. Please ban travel to all the countries that have not banned travelers from India.. Also, government of Pakistan must ban all travel to and from UK.

I believe I am not asking for too much.. I don't live in Pakistan, but I am really concerned about my fellow Pakistanis.. specially when there is a question mark on the capacity..

I don't think the pandemic is going away anytime soon with Indian variants entering...
What are you on about man. Everyone in Pakistan takes Covid so lightly its dumbfounding.