Rejecting Pinky’s Pakistan

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
One does not just get up one day and turn into a sufi tent all on their own.
Yes, normally it is a slow transition.
BTW considering our cultural norms of the past it is most likely that my grandmothers and great grandmother and perhaps yours as well used to wear 'tent' in their young ages.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
Yes, normally it is a slow transition.
BTW considering our cultural norms of the past it is most likely that my grandmothers and great grandmother and perhaps yours as well used to wear 'tent' in their young ages.
No even belonging to pinds they never dressed like tents. And this dressing like tents is cultural rather than religious but now they have mixed it up. After living with hindus for centuries we have adopted many of their rituals and turned it into our culture, like dowry for example, or hiding of women in closed houses. This is all hindu tradition.

GreenMaple

Prime Minister (20k+ posts)
No even belonging to pinds they never dressed like tents. And this dressing like tents is cultural rather than religious but now they have mixed it up. After living with hindus for centuries we have adopted many of their rituals and turned it into our culture, like dowry for example, or hiding of women in closed houses. This is all hindu tradition.
Burqa has nothing to do with Hindu culture. Tent type Burqa is traditional dress of Pashtun women in the tribal belts of Pakistan and Afghanistan. A different style burqa was quite prevalent in rural and somewhat in the urban areas of Punjab until few decades ago. However the burqa is now on the way out even in the rural areas.

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Islam does not prescribe a particular dress, but a dressing code. There is a concept of "Satar", for men and women i.e. the parts they have to cover and how?

It is also a fact that these tent type burqas are also not un-Islamic by any means, neither is any other dress, which complies with the dress code.

I agree that a woman not clad in a burqa/abaya etc., while covering herself properly in any other dress is un-Islamic in any manner. But, it is also true that Burqa/Abaya is not a sign of barbarism or reflects any sort of retardness of the society.

Actually no one has a right to look down upon anyone based on their dressing alone, as far as they are meeting the criteria of covering their "satar" in the way proscribed.

Sohail Shuja

Chief Minister (5k+ posts)
Answer to your reply is in Post #21 of this thread
TBH it is not even remotely connected to my reply. It was your outburst to someone who thinks that only burqa is the way. Whereas I am saying that Purdah is not only a burqa, but it is a guideline, a dress code and being in a burqa does not mean retardness and neither does no burqa means obscenity (provided that Islamic guidelines in the dress are followed).

So, no one, either a burqa proponent or a non burqa proponent has any right to look down upon each other.

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
waiting for your sisters pictures please upload here
b287da43ed52fb7481fc33cb93ce98c9dc27dc36729c1fc2ae84c20e1e5e796d_1.jpg

Citizen X

President (40k+ posts)
TBH it is not even remotely connected to my reply. It was your outburst to someone who thinks that only burqa is the way. Whereas I am saying that Purdah is not only a burqa, but it is a guideline, a dress code and being in a burqa does not mean retardness and neither does no burqa means obscenity (provided that Islamic guidelines in the dress are followed).

So, no one, either a burqa proponent or a non burqa proponent has any right to look down upon each other.
Nope its in the same vein. Hence the same reply.